Trades and Free Agent talk- 6 days to deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Severson is medicore as hell and really isnt a "good" RHD.
Severson is much better than guys like Manson/Larsson.

New Jerseys LD have been horrible and he's been dragged down by Greene and Mueller this year.

When he actually has a capable partner in Subban or Vatanen he's been terrific.

Finding a LD that can at least be passable in the top 4 is not a problem for us.

Sergei Berezin

You're Wrong
Jan 5, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Would like Larsson or Girgensons from BUF for #4C ... they both have an edge and are UFA after the season. Don't need more forwards, but it always helps having NHL guys that can play C or W on your bottom 6. Wonder if someone like Tima would work for them? I'm a big fan, but he doesn't seem to bring it enough for Keefe's liking.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Would like Larsson or Girgensons from BUF for #4C ... they both have an edge and are UFA after the season. Don't need more forwards, but it always helps having NHL guys that can play C or W on your bottom 6. Wonder if someone like Tima would work for them? I'm a big fan, but he doesn't seem to bring it enough for Keefe's liking.

Could offer Gauthier probably. They'll need a 4C replacement and he's a decent one with some control left.

Sergei Berezin

You're Wrong
Jan 5, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Could offer Gauthier probably. They'll need a 4C replacement and he's a decent one with some control left.

I'm not a big Gaut fan, but I only move him if he insists on getting more than league minimum. There's value in having big centres that don't cause you any harm and are making league minimum. He's far from ideal, but I'd keep him over one of these "let's move out someone to see if a change works" type deals.

Cherry Picker

Sep 29, 2011
Yah no interest in Bogosian. Maybe Risto w retention. Brodin is still best fit imo

Brodin would be excellent with Rielly in my opinion. He did well with Suter for many years.

Minny is also wanting centres and right shot forwards. Kappy? Kerfoot? ++

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
kadri is (was) playing alot wing himself this season
You clearly don't watch Avs games , Naz has been the on again off again league leader in faceoff win percentage , you don't get that playing alot of wing , give your head a shske and figure it out bud .

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Half the healthy Sabres forwards are UFA. (Okposo is injured)

Kerfoot might work for them, which defenseman Miller? Be around the same Cap.

If Kerfoot worth more than a 3rd. pairing defender?

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I've been opposed to Risto in the past, but if the cost is only Kerfoot and maybe a small plus? That's one i am good with.

Reactions: kb

Sergei Berezin

You're Wrong
Jan 5, 2007
Ottawa, ON

Miller was a healthy scratch for some games this year. On BUF.

Not sure if people are undervaluing Kerfoot or not, but with the way he's been proposed around these parts, I'd gladly keep him and see what he brings next season. He hasn't been bad, but he also hasn't played up to the level he can since that jaw injury. I thought he was a keeper in the first 10-15 games and he hasn't seemed to have regained that edge since the injury (or perhaps suspension?) ...

Reactions: SAMCRO44

theIceWookie

#LeafHysteriaAlert
Dec 19, 2010
Canada

I think Kerfoot is worth more than a 3rd pairing defender. I also think trading him for a third pairing defender with a similar cap hit is not a good use of our assets.

Especially a defender who has struggled to play in all of the Sabres games this year...

I don't think Miller should be a target for us. He's not good and his cap hit sucks for his ability. Plus the Sbares acquired him for a 2nd and a 5th. His value has certainly only gotten worse.

Sergei Berezin

You're Wrong
Jan 5, 2007
Ottawa, ON
I'd take Bogo for a conditional pick or something ... crazy, he's about to turn 30, played over 600 games and has yet to play a single playoff game. Played just 5 in 2 OHL years. Maybe joining a team worth playing for would give him a boost? That's some wishful thinking, though.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
If ya’ll hate Barrie. Ya’ll gonna loathe Ristolainen

Except for Rasmus Ristolainen is better defensively and can be trusted with defensive zone draws, can PK, is more physical and actually is capable of winning puck battles.

He also isn't asking for 8M...

Comepletely different players TBH, would much rather have Risto.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I think Kerfoot is worth more than a 3rd pairing defender. I also think trading him for a third pairing defender with a similar cap hit is not a good use of our assets.

Especially a defender who has struggled to play in all of the Sabres games this year...

I don't think Miller should be a target for us. He's not good and his cap hit sucks for his ability. Plus the Sbares acquired him for a 2nd and a 5th. His value has certainly only gotten worse.

If it were possible I would have interest in Brodin, but I'm not sure the Leafs have any players old enough for the Wild?

:sarcasm:

jiggy35

Jun 26, 2012
Package of Manson + Grant from Anaheim pretty ideal. Tough sell to Anaheim, but some combination of Johnsson/Kerfoot, Dermott, Timashov/Bracco/Der-Arguchintsev, 1st 2021, any other picks necessary.

Home stretch/playoffs with a lineup of:

Hyman - Matthews - Marner
Mikheyev - Tavares - Nylander
Engvall - Kerfoot - Kapanen
Clifford - Spezza - Grant

Rielly - Manson
Muzzin - Holl
Sandin - Barrie

Andersen
Campbell

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
You clearly don't watch Avs games , Naz has been the on again off again league leader in faceoff win percentage , you don't get that playing alot of wing , give your head a shske and figure it out bud .

in the 2017/18 season william nylander took 650 faceoffs, in the 2018/19 season nazem kadri took 730. How much centre was nylander playing then?

not to even mention anything% doesnt tell you anything, if a guy takes 1 faceoff and wins it he is 100% face off guy

also i sincerely doubt you watch avs either. Cue "there my second team derp"

note: the seasons dates i took were last 70+ games seasons played before this one

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Except for Rasmus Ristolainen is better defensively and can be trusted with defensive zone draws, can PK, is more physical and actually is capable of winning puck battles.

He also isn't asking for 8M...

Comepletely different players TBH, would much rather have Risto.

I agree but I am not sure Risto the long term solution Dubas is looking for to play with Rielly.

Reactions: MyBudJT

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Package of Manson + Grant from Anaheim pretty ideal. Tough sell to Anaheim, but some combination of Johnsson/Kerfoot, Dermott, Timashov/Bracco/Der-Arguchintsev, 1st 2021, any other picks necessary.

Home stretch/playoffs with a lineup of:

Hyman - Matthews - Marner
Mikheyev - Tavares - Nylander
Engvall - Kerfoot - Kapanen
Clifford - Spezza - Grant

Rielly - Manson
Muzzin - Holl
Sandin - Barrie

Andersen
Campbell

I can see one issue with your deal though ... Leafs have a conditional pick this year for their 1st. to Carolina, and it is top 10 protected. If Leafs miss the playoffs and win the lottery, it would go to the 'Canes if the Leafs already traded their 2021 1st.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad