Trades and Free Agent talk- 6 days to deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChuckWoods

Sep 13, 2009
@ChuckWoods we're in desperate need of some nuggets.

Leafs likely want to wait and see what the situation is with Rielly before they really delve into discussions.

With that said, we can safely assume one of Rielly or Cecis cap will be off books till playoffs.

So you are looking at some solid cap space.

I have heard rumours about Bogosian and Risto out of Buffalo.

Both values are completely different, likely Bogosian leading to negative value without retention but Buffalo has had interest in Kerfoot in the past.

I am not suggesting a straight Kerfoot for Risto swap, but a base isn’t absolutely out of the question.

Just tossing a rumbling out there in regards to a name I havent heard lately.

Last edited:

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Leafs likely want to wait and see what the situation is with Rielly before they really delve into discussions.

With that said, we can safely assume one of Rielly or Cecis cap will be off books till playoffs.

Both values are completely different, likely Bogosian leading to negative value without retention but Buffalo has had interest in Kerfoot in the past.

I am not suggesting a Kerfoot for Risto swap, but a base isn’t absolutely out of the question.

So if we're talking a Bogosian for Kerfoot base, should we assume that there would be a + coming with Bogo?

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Risto is a name I thought of before (may have tossed it our here before, can't remember). But, I don't think folks were keen on him as I recall.

ChuckWoods

Sep 13, 2009
So if we're talking a Bogosian for Kerfoot base, should we assume that there would be a + coming with Bogo?

I dont think we would be taking Kerfoot for Bogo.

More like a Kerfoot for Risto base.

Bogo without retention likely could be had for a reclamation piece like Aberg or Petan and a late pick.

Risto is a name I thought of before (may have tossed it our here before, can't remember). But, I don't think folks were keen on him as I recall.

Rasmus absolutely has his warts which is why we didn't see him move in the offseason due to that as Buffalos asking price then.

But those warts are not as pronounced this season and that price could have potentially went down, leading to more inquiries as of late, allegedly.

Curt

Jun 28, 2018
Damn I like that kid too his PIMs equal his points every year lol ! All chirping aside Nylander for Dumba is a good trade for both sides , they both get what they are looking for and nobody gets burned on the cqp too bad either .
Lol have you even seen dumba play?

Reactions: Duffman955

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki

I am not suggesting a straight Kerfoot for Risto swap, but a base isn’t absolutely out of the question.

Bogo without retention likely could be had for a reclamation piece like Aberg or Petan and a late pick.

Rasmus absolutely has his warts which is why we didn't see him move in the offseason due to that as Buffalos asking price then.

But those warts are not as pronounced this season and that price could have potentially went down, leading to more inquiries as of late, allegedly.

I'd have thought Bogosian would have negative value, a reclamation project with little to no value and a pick seems seems like more than he's worth

Risto is interesting but I'm unsure who's supposed to be getting tough minutes if you have him and Rielly on the top pair, Holl and Muzzin are going to get their asses kicked in that case

horner

May 22, 2007
If Petry is available what would be a fair offer for him.
He is signed for next season .

This would also allow us to trade Barrie

With the expansion draft coming up next summer , we will be losing a good piece .

Rielly Petry
Muzzin Holl
Sandin ljiligren
ceci marincin

That would be a very solid deffence for this year and next year

Dermot for Petry

Barrie for a 1st +prospect

Johnson + 1st ( Barrie trade ) for a young top d prospect

horner

May 22, 2007
I'd have thought Bogosian would have negative value, a reclamation project with little to no value and a pick seems seems like more than he's worth

Risto is interesting but I'm unsure who's supposed to be getting tough minutes if you have him and Rielly on the top pair, Holl and Muzzin are going to get their asses kicked in that case
I would love Risto he always seems to play good against us.
He has a real mean disposition

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I would love Risto he always seems to play good against us.
He has a real mean disposition

I haven't looked at this advanced metrics this season but he's been pretty poor for a long time in that respect

He's very similar to what we've already got, good offensively and close your eyes when we don't have it

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013

I didn't think he was as bad as some people did. I've seen him making some pretty amazing plays i.e., end to end rush that resulted in a beauty goal. Maybe I was just lucky and saw him at his best, but he has that in him.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Bogosian's value is so low right now, he could most likely be had for next to nothing like Chuck said before. Practically for peanuts.

It honestly wouldn't be the worst idea to take a chance on Bogosian and see if he can turn it around, especially if we strike out on the bigger and better names.

He signed a 7 yr contract for a Reason. He was playing like a top 4 Defenseman at one time but Injuries completely derailed this dudes career.

I mean its worth a shot....if we strike out everywhere else. If Buffalo can even add some retention to the deal...that would be even more gravy

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
A deal around Kerfoot and Ristolainen isn't that bad of an idea too imo

Buffalo and Toronto, on paper, seems like ideal trade targets imo. Buffalo is in dire need of Top 6/9 Forwards. And they have a surplus of D-men.

Big fish would be Ristolainen and maybe Montour. But we can go the smaller route and grab Colin Miller/Bogosian as stop-gaps, if the price for the big fish is to high

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017

There's no way we would deal Kerfoot for Bogosian. That would be terrible for us.

Bogosian is a negative value. Think more Petan + 6th being closer to his value

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
If we deal with Buffalo....maybe we can expand the deal and grab Johan Larsson too.

Big Center who plays a nasty game too. Friedman mentioned him in the 31 thoughts article today as someone who is bound to be "Playoff Nasty".

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
31 Thoughts: Will NHL players suit up at 2022 Winter Games? - Sportsnet.ca

6. In Buffalo, there’s a lot of talk about what major moves the Sabres can make, although there’s a decent chance they make moves around the periphery of their lineup. Among those who’d garner interest: recently acquired Michael Frolik, Johan Larsson (playoff nastiness written all over him), Evan Rodrigues and Conor Sheary.

11. Toronto will likely wait until an upcoming doctor’s appointment for Morgan Rielly before deciding what to do with any cap room due to long-term injury. They probably won’t have clarity on Cody Ceci until after the deadline. And they continue to negotiate with Jake Muzzin.

12. I don’t think Anaheim is particularly interested in moving their key pieces — from Josh Manson, to Cam Fowler, to Hampus Lindholm, to Jakob Silfverberg, to Rickard Rakell. You’re really going to have to move the needle. Ondrej Kase is a possibility, and there are teams who like him — although he has missed two straight games after being hit by Muzzin. I could see contenders eying Derek Grant. He’s had a strong year and doesn’t come at an enormous cost.

13. Last week, I mentioned the Devils looking at “hockey trades,” not just rentals. I think they are looking for young players, maybe guys who would get more of an opportunity there than in their current situation. Players who can grow with Nico Hischier and Jack Hughes.

14. Nashville’s going to have an interesting decision with Mikael Granlund. Just as they play themselves into a playoff spot, they play themselves out of it. Granlund had a shift in Calgary that was as good as any I saw this season. He’s only increased his value to them, or to someone else.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Kerfoot + Petan + Aberg/Bracco + 2nd

For

Ristolainen + Larsson

Hyman - Mathews - Marner
Mikheyev - Tavares - Nylander
Johnsson - Spezza - Kapanen
Engvall - Larrson - Clifford

Reilly - Ristolainen
Muzzin - Holl
Dermott - Barrie

Last edited:

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Leafs - Devils
Damon Severson & Miles Wood
for
Kasperi Kapanen & Andreas Johnsson

Hyman - Matthews - Marner
Wood - Tavares - Nylander
Engvall - - Kerfoot - - Spezza
Clifford - Gauthier - Tymashov

Muzzin - Holl
Sandin - Severson
Dermott - Barrie
-
Engvall - Kerfoot - Micheyev
Clifford - Gauthier - Spezza

Rielly - Severson
Muzzin - Barrie
Dermott - Holl

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Leafs - Devils
Damon Severson & Miles Wood
for
Kasperi Kapanen & Andreas Johnsson

Engvall - - Kerfoot - - Spezza
Clifford - Gauthier - Tymashov

Muzzin - Holl
Sandin - Severson
Dermott - Barrie
-
Engvall - Kerfoot - Micheyev
Clifford - Gauthier - Spezza

Rielly - Severson
Muzzin - Barrie
Dermott - Holl
Dont wanna give up Kappy.

To me, if you wanna add grit....than keep adding to play along with Kappy and Clifford.

I would love Miles Wood still however. I really wish we could Swap Johnsson and Wood straight up

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Dont wanna give up Kappy.

To me, if you wanna add grit....than keep adding to play along with Kappy and Clifford.

I would love Miles Wood still however. I really wish we could Swap Johnsson and Wood straight up
Wood is more of a throw in to be honest with you, the main target is Severson. I agree though, I really don't want to move Kappy, but for a good RHD we may have to consider it.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Wood is more of a throw in to be honest with you, the main target is Severson. I agree though, I really don't want to move Kappy, but for a good RHD we may have to consider it.

Severson is medicore as hell and really isnt a "good" RHD.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Bogosian's value is so low right now, he could most likely be had for next to nothing like Chuck said before. Practically for peanuts.

It honestly wouldn't be the worst idea to take a chance on Bogosian and see if he can turn it around, especially if we strike out on the bigger and better names.

He signed a 7 yr contract for a Reason. He was playing like a top 4 Defenseman at one time but Injuries completely derailed this dudes career.

I mean its worth a shot....if we strike out everywhere else. If Buffalo can even add some retention to the deal...that would be even more gravy

5M+ cap hit, pending UFA, very often injured and has been on the block in Buffalo for a long time. That's not even going into his bad stats overall...

A team with a lot of cap space might throw a mid round pick to bolster their depth... maybe if Buffalo retains 50% they can get a top 90 pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad