Confirmed with Link: TRADE: Wpg & Cbs: Goodbye Machacek, Hello Kubalik

trouty

Oct 3, 2011
I think if Mach got called up over guys actually playing it would probobly tick me off,hes been a problem all season.Want to have a good 4th line call up,Cormier,kid never even got called up to training camp,and gives 120 percent every night,hitting fighting scoring,and always sticks up for his linemates

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I think if Mach got called up over guys actually playing it would probobly tick me off,hes been a problem all season.Want to have a good 4th line call up,Cormier,kid never even got called up to training camp,and gives 120 percent every night,hitting fighting scoring,and always sticks up for his linemates

Glad to hear that about Cormier trouty....you have been very down on the team so a ray of sunshine is nice.

trouty

Oct 3, 2011
I mean their have been some players here giving a damn,Cormier i love,O Dell looking good,Jullian Melicuri has been good,Charot come a long way.Jaffrey still trying to lead,but really 5 guys going cant carry all.O Neil and i know lots like him,is not AHL ready,and a year in Colorado would of done him better,as did Charot.

Cormier is a keeper,im praying hes back,but he might have a shot at the Peg if he stays healthy,is he signed next year

Boreal

Jun 26, 2012
I wonder if the Jets would legitimately let Cormier take a run at Slater's fourth line spot next year. Especially if Slates continues to produce near zero on offence and doesn't dominate in the dot. I know Slater still has 2 years remaining on his contract after this season. I'm not advocating for a replacement, just simply suggesting that Cormier appears to be the most "grad-elligible" of all the Ice Caps.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
I wonder if the Jets would legitimately let Cormier take a run at Slater's fourth line spot next year. Especially if Slates continues to produce near zero on offence and doesn't dominate in the dot. I know Slater still has 2 years remaining on his contract after this season. I'm not advocating for a replacement, just simply suggesting that Cormier appears to be the most "grad-elligible" of all the Ice Caps.

Slater won 54.4% of his draws last year.

He is winning 54.3% this year.

jetkarma*

I think with the short season and his injuries I think they felt a year there was in store . I have to believe they will let him compete for a roster spot and his tenacity , to me , would be welcomed.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com

4th line: Cormier-Slater-Wright
Happiness for Garret :)

Boreal

Jun 26, 2012
Slater won 54.4% of his draws last year.

He is winning 54.3% this year.

Thanks. That's interesting. Based on the eye-test I do not notice him being as effective as he was last year, but obviously the numbers speak differently.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Thanks. That's interesting. Based on the eye-test I do not notice him being as effective as he was last year, but obviously the numbers speak differently.

He has had a couple bad games recently.

Faceoffs weird. A player can go 12 and 0 on night and 0 and 12 the next.

Ultimately the numbers go back to the where they belong though. Slater and Welly are the only Jets proven to win more than they lose year after year. Little has been getting there, this may be the year he breaks through.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
4th line: Cormier-Slater-Wright
Happiness for Garret :)

I'd love that line if Cormier could provide steady minutes. I am really hoping he can provide us with a chippy, in your face, agitators game. Play on the edge but more often than not don't go over it. Get under the opponents skin, fight every now and again, create havoc on the ice. Piss the opposing team off. While above all, give Noel reliable, trustworthy minutes.

That's just wishful thinking on my part because I love those kind of players on the bottom half of the roster, at least a couple of them. With that being said, whenever I've seen Cormier he's seemed to play more of a quiet and reserved game. I'd love to see him really commit himself to the role.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad