Speculation: Trade Thread Part XI: New year...no trades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
Probably not a great match with Ottawa if they are looking for a forward, unless Slats is open to trading Cally.

Who knows what the hell is Sather thinking. At least Murray is very clear and direct about where his team is right now and what their needs are.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Probably not a great match with Ottawa if they are looking for a forward, unless Slats is open to trading Cally.

Who knows what the hell is Sather thinking. At least Murray is very clear and direct about where his team is right now and what their needs are.

Who knows. I bet some of the thoughts on this board are much more pragmatic and probing than what Sathers thinking about.

For instance, if I were a betting man, I'd say the Girardi and Callahan situations have been met with "We'll deal with it in the summer" from Sather. Stuff like that, in a nutshell, is why he sucks so much.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I am inspired by those concept cars shown in Detroit right now. My concept "team".

Deal DZ and Hagelin for Mike Green.

Swing Strålman, Lindberg and a 1st in 14' to Detroit for Mantha.

Buy out Richards, resign everyone else.

Deal Skjei to Buffalo for Foligno.

Kreider-Stepan-Nash
Mantha-Brassard-Zucc
Foligno-Miller-Callahan
Carcillo-Moore-Dorsett
Staal-Green
McD-Girardi
Moore-McIlrath

Green replace BR on the PP. You can't buy BR out without replacing him on the PP.

Three PFs on LW. Smart centers and RWs that can score. We get a punch from the blueline in Green.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
I am inspired by those concept cars shown in Detroit right now. My concept "team".

Kreider-Stepan-Nash
Mantha-Brassard-Zucc
Foligno-Miller-Callahan
Carcillo-Moore-Dorsett
Staal-Green
McD-Girardi
Moore-McIlrath

Green replace BR on the PP. You can't buy BR out without replacing him on the PP.

Three PFs on LW. Smart centers and RWs that can score. We get a punch from the blueline in Green.
Self-loathing Swede...

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ

Kreider-Stepan-Nash
Mantha-Brassard-Zucc
Foligno-Miller-Callahan
Carcillo-Moore-Dorsett
Staal-Green
McD-Girardi
Moore-McIlrath

You forgot to include Fast in a deal.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Lol at dealing so much for Anthony Mantha. I am very skeptical of him. He's a giant playing against boys and lighting up the league. That's what he should be doing.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
24. At this time of year, I always like to see what's out there regarding NCAA free agents, but it looks like there isn't as highly regarded a prospect as Danny DeKeyser or Justin Schultz this time around. James van Riemsdyk's brother, Trevor, a defenceman at New Hampshire, is a name I've heard a bit, as is Lake Superior State blue-liner (and broadcaster nightmare) Kevin Czuczman. van Riemsdyk attended a Flyers rookie camp, while Czuczman has skated with the Sabres.

25. Another name out there is Kevin Hayes, taken 24th overall by Chicago in 2010. He is the younger brother of Jimmy, just traded by the Blackhawks to Florida in the Kris Versteeg deal. Kevin has 35 points in 21 games as a senior at Boston College. He has yet to sign and others are curious to see what his plans are.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports-content/ho...-coach-paul-maurice-has-tough-task-ahead.html

TVR is a right-handed shot.

Its been 4 years since Kevin Hayes was drafted? Where have the years gone? Hawks have until August 15 to sign him or he becomes a free agent. 6-3 205. He played two years with Kreider at BC.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
http://www.cbc.ca/sports-content/ho...-coach-paul-maurice-has-tough-task-ahead.html

TVR is a right-handed shot.

Its been 4 years since Kevin Hayes was drafted? Where have the years gone? Hawks have until August 15 to sign him or he becomes a free agent. 6-3 205. He played two years with Kreider at BC.

Excellent detective work, RB.
Batman himself got nothin on you!:handclap::yo::handclap::);)

So what do we want to offer the Hawks for Hayes? Particularly given the above deadline?

Maybe a package? Boyle + ____________ for McNeil and Hayes?

Punxrocknyc19*

Excellent detective work, RB.
Batman himself got nothin on you!:handclap::yo::handclap::);)

So what do we want to offer the Hawks for Hayes? Particularly given the above deadline?

Maybe a package? Boyle + ____________ for McNeil and Hayes?

how about Boyle + for Hartman and Hayes.. Hartman has ties to JT Miller and Brady Skjei :) get it done Sather...

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Is there room for both Carcillo and Dorsett on this team? Team can't score consistently as it is and it may be no use keeping both. I think there is a good team hiding in here somewhere. But I am on edge wondering what Sather's next move is

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Is there room for both Carcillo and Dorsett on this team? Team can't score consistently as it is and it may be no use keeping both. I think there is a good team hiding in here somewhere. But I am on edge wondering what Sather's next move is

On edge? For what? The team has scored at least 3 goals in each of the last 4, 5, 6 games? Next move is to let the team to continue to play. And that includes DZ staying at the moment. Special teams are the Rangers strong suit. Let's go after Tampa tomorrow. That is the focus. The market is weak right now. You won't get fair value for players.

Radek27

May 19, 2004
NJ

We complain we have no team toughness, hell we even have a thread about it. But now that we traded for Carcillo we have too much? :huh:

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
lol Mike Green, I'd rather Del Zotto at this point.

Besides the concussion issues, he is still a good player offensively and on the PP. We haven't had that in quite some time. Extremely hard to find too.

The thing is, we have a PP now that is functioning. Richards is a essential part of that PP. You are not yanking him, Zucc or Brass from that PP without it falling flat again. The PP has been soo positive for us, you just don't want that to happend again.

If you buy out Richards, just must replace him on the point of the PP. Green could step in there, maybe even be an upgrade to be honest. Green is signed next year for 6m and is an UFA after that. You would pay him a lot next year, but after that he would get what he is "worth". You would be able to reassess the trade.

I am not saying that this trade should / could be made. I made that post because of the concept. In that concept, we keep our core, we open up cap space and we restructure the team. One of those moves that needs to be made is replace BR on the PP if he is bought out. The other concepts would be to get a couple of PFs in youth for youth trades. We need to manage our depth chart, but I have no problem dealing youth for youth.

I defintiely think NHL GM's are a bit too afraid here. I mean, I don't mind Skjei. I think he has something with his precsence on the ice. But we got depth at LD, why aren't there more trades where a player like Skjei is traded for a player in the same mold but diffrent position, that fits us better, with a team that has more use for a LD in Skjei? Ie, hockey trades.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
We complain we have no team toughness, hell we even have a thread about it. But now that we traded for Carcillo we have too much? :huh:

Largely this is due to a lack of team toughness and that doesn't come from having a guy, let alone two, who can fight and not play. Dorsett isn't Prust, but he's closer than Carcillo is. Goal from the other night aside. If both dress on a given night, this team is just as soft and less skilled than if just one dresses.

On a side note ur avatar cracked me up.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Yeah let me pass the puck to Ovechkin on the powerplay and I'll have Green's assist totals as well.

Didn't know that, all I know that Girardi, Strålman, Staal and DZ have not been able to pass the puck on the PP for us...

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia

nah I see it as the opposite having someone to help Dorsett will be great

Its no big deal to sit Moore as they can use Dorsett as a Pker too. So Carcillo, Boyle, Dorsett as a 4th line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad