Proposal: Trade Thread Part 57

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Except that he scored 19 in 63 games the season before, which is a 25 goal pace. But nice try.
19 = 27
Pace = 100% accurate

Still waiting for Poehling 246 goals season. Holy f***.
How many times did i hear this pace shit turning into real shit in less than 2 weeks.

I remember early this season ''Armia is heading into a 50 points season''. Went back to his usual 30-35 and played more than half of the season on the PP and top 6.

Still a 30 points player. Shocking

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
You’re right, the team is full of 6’3 power forwards who scored 27 goals. Let’s keep throwing out Armia and Byron in the Top 6 to plug holes.
Anderson is injury prone he has injured not one but both his shoulders I'd flip a 2nd for him but not much more. We really need to get a game breaking forward and if we can't we keep our assets.

Reactions: Habs Icing

mynamejeff420

Apr 14, 2020
You’re right, the team is full of 6’3 power forwards who scored 27 goals. Let’s keep throwing out Armia and Byron in the Top 6 to plug holes.

Byron scores at a higher rate than Anderson does at 5v5, both over the last 3 years and in the 3 years prior to this one (because of the injuries I felt like it should be included). While I think Anderson would be a valuable addition to the Habs (RW isn't exactly a position of strength), don't expect him to be much better (or even just better overall) than Lehkonen or Byron. All 3 of them are similar caliber players.

Reactions: phillytennis

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
I never said he’s a certified 30 goal scorer. I just said he’s not a 3rd liner. I also never said trade Tatar or Gallagher. You’re making no sense.
I think he's a 3rd liner, and I'm the one who suggested the trade. lol
3rd liner until he proves otherwise.

Same goes for Pulju.

Acquire both, sign them to affordable RFA deals, hope one works his way into the top 6 over the next season or two. Then, cut the other loose and bring in CC.

Reactions: HabsWhiteKnightLOL

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
I think he's a 3rd liner, and I'm the one who suggested the trade. lol
3rd liner until he proves otherwise.

Same goes for Pulju.

Acquire both, sign them to affordable RFA deals, hope one works his way into the top 6 over the next season or two. Then, cut the other loose and bring in CC.
If he was such a top 6 player with 30 goals avv , Columbus would not be shopping him since last year. They even traded him but the traded f***ed up. They tried to trade him again and he got injured.

If he was so good he would already be signed

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
If he was such a top 6 player with 30 goals avv , Columbus would not be shopping him since last year. They even traded him but the traded f***ed up. They tried to trade him again and he got injured.

If he was so good he would already be signed
right, but ... he's the type of player the Habs need and he might be available.
they should kick the tires.

give him a physical, look at the medical reports, talk to his agent (with written permission, of course).
what's the injury concern? is it lingering damage or just an "injury prone" label? If the latter, I think he's worth taking a chance on.

Reactions: Vachon23

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017

give him a physical, look at the medical reports, talk to his agent (with written permission, of course).
what's the injury concern? is it lingering damage or just an "injury prone" label? If the latter, I think he's worth taking a chance on.
They need him if hes a center for the 3rd line or if Armia is traded.
Hes no top 6 player.

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
J.T. Miller got traded for a 1st + 3rd last year at the age of 26. He had 56 and 58 point seasons under his belt. The 1st became the 20th overall pick.

Mantha is currently 26. He's never been healthy enough or consistent enough to crack 50.

Detroit is not competing any time soon. I think the 16th overall + B prospect should get it done.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
If Anderson is in ur top 6 , then prepare to play golf at the same extact time as the last 3 years.
I can't even think of any team that have all of 3 1st liners, 3 2nd liners, 2 #1 D, 2 top 4 D and 1 starting goalie. Anderson in the top 6 of the Habs wouldn't make us contenders, but if the Habs can acquire a star #1 winger that plays on the LW, Gallagher and Anderson as the top 6 RW wouldn't hold the team back. If they lose it would be due to other things.

Reactions: Vachon23

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
J.T. Miller got traded for a 1st + 3rd last year at the age of 26. He had 56 and 58 point seasons under his belt. The 1st became the 20th overall pick.

Mantha is currently 26. He's never been healthy enough or consistent enough to crack 50.

Detroit is not competing any time soon. I think the 16th overall + B prospect should get it done.

we don't have the $9M in cap space to sign him. :sarcasm:

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I can't even think of any team that have all of 3 1st liners, 3 2nd liners, 2 #1 D, 2 top 4 D and 1 starting goalie. Anderson in the top 6 of the Habs wouldn't make us contenders, but if the Habs can acquire a star #1 winger that plays on the LW, Gallagher and Anderson as the top 6 RW wouldn't hold the team back. If they lose it would be due to other things.

Last year was obviously an injury filled outlier, but the two seasons before, Anderson scored goals at the same pace as Tom Wilson (and Wilson has a better offensive support system). No one would whine if we acquired Wilson.

Anderson can’t be the only move, but he’s definitely a better RW option than Armia on a Top 6 line.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Last year was obviously an injury filled outlier, but the two seasons before, Anderson scored goals at the same pace as Tom Wilson (and Wilson has a better offensive support system). No one would whine if we acquired Wilson.

Anderson can’t be the only move, but he’s definitely a better RW option than Armia on a Top 6 line.
I'm fine with Anderson, but if that's the best we are going to do it's going to be another shitty offseason and probably shitty year unless KK, Suzuki and Romanov take off.

Reactions: Miller Time

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019

No he isn't what we need. We need an actual game breaking forward. Enough with settling for lower players we finally have pieces to trade that can land us a player that can change this team for the better and we are here talking about no shoulder Anderson like give me a break lol.

Reactions: Habs Icing

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
No he isn't what we need. We need an actual game breaking forward. Enough with settling for lower players we finally have pieces to trade that can land us a player that can change this team for the better and we are here talking about no shoulder Anderson like give me a break lol.
They don’t need more size on the wings? Ok, if you say so! lol

keep on hoping for that game break forward! I’m sure MB’s got something up his sleeve for ya. :laugh:

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
They don’t need more size on the wings? Ok, if you say so! lol

keep on hoping for that game break forward! I’m sure MB’s got something up his sleeve for ya. :laugh:
I am not against getting bigger wingers but I am against getting a winger that has both shoulders injured and is a HUGE question mark. If we can't find a game breaking forward we stay the course but thinking Anderson is going to some how make this team a playoff team when he is basically one check or one hit away from going on LTIR is just foolish. If we are going to get a big size winger at least aim for players that games played and can actually stay on the ice for us.

Here I will extend this a bit further

Rakell for our 16th pick and prospect
Domi for Buch+

Two bigger wingers that aren't injured all the time and have some size and goal scoring ability.
Both those players aren't game breaking either but at least it gives us more to work with to roll three lines. We also don't lose anything huge when it comes to those two trades as we are deep with our prospect pool and there is no room for Domi on this team down the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad