Proposal: Trade Thread Part 56

Status
Not open for further replies.

1000eeer

Jan 28, 2020
Quebec city
so who could be possible trade for with the so called package he describes, who?

I'm pretty sure Bergevin is looking to move up in the draft to grab one of Holtz or Quinn (ELC contract - cap management)

+

Acquire a guy like Anderson, but better... I don't know who the **** he's targeting.

Timo Meier?
Buchnevich?
Mantha?
Bjorkstrand?
Hintz?
Boeser?

I have a feeling Bergevin is targeting a player in that age range (22-26)

Last edited:

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I'm pretty sure Bergevin is looking to move up in the draft to grab one of Holtz or Quinn (ELC contract - cap management)

+

Acquire a guy like Anderson, but better... I don't know who the **** he's targeting.

You also can’t just acquire one bigger player and no other. What would that change? You help one line but all of the others remain undersized.

If he was serious about adding size, he would add two big wingers, to add to Armia who should be on a 3rd line. Not sure if that’s possible.

Reactions: 1000eeer

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
With one of Danault/Domi likely getting traded,

do people really believe this is likely?

I wouldn’t be surprised, but i wouldn’t call it likely. Likely, I would think, is MB tweaking around the edges. Bargain deal for Anderson or Pulju or another middle 6 player that still has upside.

Reactions: cphabs

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Laine à MTL? Bergevin aimerait frapper un grand coup

« Mais sans préciser de nom, Bergevin a candidement reconnu qu’il « étudierait sérieusement » une transaction qui lui permettrait de mettre la main sur un joueur d’impact.»

« But without specifying a name, Bergevin candidly admitted he would "seriously consider" a trade that would allow him to get his hands on an impact player »

Reactions: 1000eeer

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
stop adding Kovalchuk into this god damn lineup , Atleast put freaking Armia instead of this washed up player. Holy shit

You need to read the whole post. It talks about what you just said in terms of if we don't sign Kovalchuk. I'm not as desperate to sign him as you think. But if he would sign for $1.5M, I'd sign him

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
You need to read the whole post. It talks about what you just said in terms of if we don't sign Kovalchuk. I'm not as desperate to sign him as you think. But if he would sign for $1.5M, I'd sign him
Kovalchuk is useless. Will be scratched after 10 games. He proved in the playoffs he can’t keep up with the play.
Huge step backwards.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Likely something like Killorn and Anderson.
Could be ... but I think he wants a younger Player With upside.
Plus, he mentioned a package. I don’t think killorn would command a package deal. A pick would do it.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Kovalchuk is useless. Will be scratched after 10 games. He proved in the playoffs he can’t keep up with the play.
Huge step backwards.

I'd still sign him if he was willing to sign for $1.5M. It don't hurt us if we have no other options to bring in the winger we need. As long as we have about a $2M cushion on our cap space, I'm fine for Kovalchuk for one more year. If it don't work out, off the the AHL and it don't hurt us.

We could make an agreement that he don't play back to back games. I like the idea of having someone there for Romanov. So yeah, I repeat, if we are not able to sign a key UFA or make a trade bringing in a impact winger, why not?

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
I'd still sign him if he was willing to sign for $1.5M. It don't hurt us if we have no other options to bring in the winger we need. As long as we have about a $2M cushion on our cap space, I'm fine for Kovalchuk for one more year. If it don't work out, off the the AHL and it don't hurt us.

We could make an agreement that he don't play back to back games. I like the idea of having someone there for Romanov. So yeah, I repeat, if we are not able to sign a key UFA or make a trade bringing in a impact winger, why not?
The why not is cuz he’s not a NHL caliber player
Wanna have him help out Romanov? Hire him
As a consultant His playing days are done. wasting one cent on him is a dumb move
And if tbats Bergevins move to make the offence better , moslon has to get off his fat ass and fire him
We all know that won’t happen either

Reactions: Ozmodiar

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Huge step backwards.

Perhaps, but what's the alternative?

Plus, if we're out of the playoffs we may be able to flip him at the deadline for a pick. Note, you have to acknowledge it's not a foregone conclusion he won't produce at a 40 point pace.

Note that Eller produced the same and Vrana produced less than Kovalchuk with Washington. Not sure Kovalchuk was the problem - just as I'm not sure he was the root of L.A. and Willie Desjardin's problems...

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

Given there may not be other options, I like Kovalchuk as a stop gap for Caufield and Ylonen.

Tatar-Gallagher
Drouin-Armia
Domi-Kovalchuk
Byron-Lehkonen

are serviceable wing pairs.

Suzuki
KK
Danault
Evans

is a good center line.

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
You can forget about Laine. BargainBin always goes for the bargain the same way he failed our last core. However, in this case this route might be ideal than foolishly believe this team can compete with additions. Expect Killorn at most.

I'm also highly skeptical Domi and Danault start next season in the CH.

Last edited:

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Could be ... but I think he wants a younger Player With upside.
Plus, he mentioned a package. I don’t think killorn would command a package deal. A pick would do it.

No I’m thinking both. Killorn wouldn’t get much in return. I think Anderson requires a package. Not sure this really moves the needle.

Reactions: Ozmodiar
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad