Proposal: Trade Thread: Off-season edition 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Evans played with Lehkonen and Byron against Tampa and held his own very well. One of the most deepest cup winners we have seen in recent memory. Evans can fill a 3C spot IMO. Habs have trust in him just as much as trading Eller cause we had Danault back when.
Danault was better and younger then Evans though. Not really comparable

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Evans played with Lehkonen and Byron against Tampa and held his own very well. One of the most deepest cup winners we have seen in recent memory. Evans can fill a 3C spot IMO. Habs have trust in him just as much as trading Eller cause we had Danault back when.
Evans was struggling a lot for a large portion of the regular season to the point where we had to bring in Eric Staal.

Reactions: Vachon23

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Danault was better and younger then Evans though. Not really comparable

False. Danault played 21 games when we acquired him and had 5 pts. Trade happened the season after. Danault was like one year younger (age 23/24) in his first season with the Habs. Evans was 24 last year. More like 6 months in the difference.

Danault (age 23/24): 5 pts in 21 games
Evans (age 24): 13 pts in 47 games.

A very similar development track and similar team trust into both Danault and Evans at around the same time.

Go look at the AHL stats. Evans has better numbers. 0.43 pts/game vs 0.7 pts/game

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
False. Danault played 21 games when we acquired him and had 5 pts. Trade happened the season after. Danault was like one year younger (age 23/24) in his first season with the Habs. Evans was 24 last year. More like 6 months in the difference.

Danault (age 23/24): 5 pts in 21 games

Danault had 23 yrs 2 days before we trade for him and he was still 23 2 months latter when we trade Eller. He played his full real season where he put 40 pts at 23 in fact. Evans is now 25 yrs and hasn't prove yet that he can be a regular for 82 games. Danault was an ex 1st round pick that was always seen as an excellant futur defensive C, that's not the case with Evans. Evans is more in the Torrey Mitchell mole

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Evans was struggling a lot for a large portion of the regular season to the point where we had to bring in Eric Staal.

Evans was in his 1st full season and he got better as the season went along. That's what you call maturity and growing as the challenges are thrown at you. He's ready for 3C and he's actually ahead of Danault at the same age points. Better AHL stats. Not saying he will turn into Danault but management has just as much trust into Evans as they did with Danault when we traded Eller.

Eller traded cause Danault showed promise (age 23/24)
vs
Danault let got cause Evans showed promise (age 24).

This is not some reach here. Evans was put on a line with Lehkonen and Byron as a 2nd shutdown line against Tampa and they did very well. They also were together down the stretch where Ducharme asked them to go up against the McDavid line.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Danault had 23 yrs 2 days before we trade for him and he was still 23 2 months latter when we trade Eller. He played his full real season where he put 40 pts at 23 in fact. Evans is now 25 yrs and hasn't prove yet that he can be a regular for 82 games. Danault was an ex 1st round pick that was always seen as an excellant futur defensive C, that's not the case with Evans. Evans is more in the Torrey Mitchell mole

Fact, not opinion:

Danault (age 22/23):
5 pts in 21 games
* Eller traded the following off season

* Danault let go the following off season

I'm not saying Evans turns into Danault. I'm telling you that management has a lot of trust into Evan's 200' game just like they did with Danault back when. You just don't agree with management so your not debating against me, you are debating against NHL coaches.

Last edited:

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Evans was in his 1st full season and he got better as the season went along. That's what you call maturity and growing as the challenges are thrown at you. He's ready for 3C and he's actually ahead of Danault at the same age points. Better AHL stats. Not saying he will turn into Danault but management has just as much trust into Evans as they did with Danault when we traded Eller.

Eller traded cause Danault showed promise (age 23/24)
vs
Danault let got cause Evans showed promise (age 24).

This is not some reach here. Evans was put on a line with Lehkonen and Byron as a 2nd shutdown line against Tampa and they did very well. They also were together down the stretch where Ducharme asked them to go up against the McDavid line.
At Evans age Danault already had a 40 pts season under his belt, don't know how Evans can be in advance of Danault at the same age

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Fact, not opinion:

Danault (age 23/24):
5 pts in 21 games
* Eller traded the following off season

* Danault let go the following off season
Those are not fact, Danault is born February 24th 1993 and was traded February 26th 2016. He was just turning 23 and was playing his 22 yrs season

Reactions: Heffyhoof

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
At Evans age Danault already had a 40 pts season under his belt, don't know how Evans can be in advance of Danault at the same age

6 months in the difference after they played their 1st NHL seasons. I'm assuming you think Evans can't put up 40 pts in his age 25 season when Danault did that in his age 24/25 season. I think you are reaching on that age difference.

Management has a lot of trust into Evans as they did with Danault when they traded Eller. Ironically, Danault was let go and it might have a lot to do with their trust into Evans. I'm just revealing what management believes and I kind of see it too.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Those are not fact, Danault is born February 24th 1993 and was traded February 26th 2016. He was just turning 23 and was playing his 22 yrs season

OK, 1.5 years in the difference. It's miniscule and not the main point. The point is when they played their first NHL season or a consistent amount of games. The point is Eller was traded cause Danault showed trust with management and it's a similar situation with Evans and could be part of the reason why we let Danault walk. Same kind of trust early on. You are focusing on age too much and if it was 3 years, I'd tell you the same thing

No doubt in my mind that Evans is ready for 3C. Your too pessimistic on him being some 4th liner. Danault's stats in the AHL got nothing on Evans and Evans played with some crappy teams in the AHL! Evans won a NCAA scoring title. His resume is better up to age 24/25 or when they were showing their potential in the NHL.

You are too low on Evans. That's the main point but you can continue to focus on age only

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Moreso him. Kid is prone.

So was Crosby. Not something I would worry about. Evans came back fine in the playoffs and continued to be a piece we leaned on at center. Not many people realize this but Ducharme put trust into Evans with Lehkonen and Byron against Tampa. That's saying something cause in the match-up game, Cooper tried to take advantage of that line and they didn't. Ducharme's two shutdown line strategy almost worked in the last game and I can't remember if that was the last two games or just the last one.

They certainly played that line down the stretch against the Oilers and the McDavid line.... remember, they all got a goal?

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
So was Crosby. Not something I would worry about. Evans came back fine in the playoffs and continued to be a piece we leaned on at center. Not many people realize this but Ducharme put trust into Evans with Lehkonen and Byron against Tampa. That's saying something cause in the match-up game, Cooper tried to take advantage of that line and they didn't. Ducharme's two shutdown line strategy almost worked in the last game and I can't remember if that was the last two games or just the last one.
Crowby went AGAINST his doctors advice, which was to take a breather. It’s Crosby. Guy only thinks of hockey, nothing else.
Another concussion and Evans might call it quits. He’s got a degree and a future in the outside world.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Crowby went AGAINST his doctors advice, which was to take a breather. It’s Crosby. Guy only thinks of hockey, nothing else.
Another concussion and Evans might call it quits. He’s got a degree and a future in the outside world.

Chance is there but I would not be overly worried about it. Might be different if he didn't come back in the playoffs. I think he just got his bell rung pretty badly and it was not some year long concussion.

Are we saying that because of this, he can't be trusted to be a 3C option?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad