Proposal: Trade Thread: Off-season edition 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Towers

Aug 8, 2019
the players you mention dont prevent a lottery pick/finish

they are all band aid plugs

do yout really think those players make the team more competative?

allen was here last season and was average at best, the team finished 18th OA

hoffman in tatar out

savard in weber out

lost danault, lost kk

how is that any better than the team that finished 18th?

this summer is quite possibly the worst one in MBs tenure

this is even worse than the radulov/markov exitus
Yes,but they could be worse if the dumb gm and dumb owner had a plan to rebuild and tank for top 5 picks.....because they clearly are not trying to win.

Reactions: Andrewcoursol

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
MB is almost out of time

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Reactions: dinodebino

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Imagine... after 12 months, we got no Danault, KK, Poehling, Hertl, and a 1st. We can not, we must not be desperate for a center. What's done is done and don't make it worse. Aside from Eichel, there is no center or PMD we can trade for that moves us into a playoff team after loosing Weber and Danault. This should be a re-set season

Even Eichel likely doesn't do it for us. It's September and he still hasn't received treatment for his neck injury (or even agreement regarding procedure). Not sure when he'll be playing again. Not sure if he'll ever be close to the same player when all is said and done.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Even Eichel likely doesn't do it for us. It's September and he still hasn't received treatment for his neck injury (or even agreement regarding procedure). Not sure when he'll be playing again. Not sure if he'll ever be close to the same player when all is said and done.

Fair for sure. Earliest would be Dec/Jan if he has surgery now. However, in Eichel's case, it was more about the future years potential. However, 4 years at $10M? I'm certainly not going to say no but can we win in those 4 years? :sarcasm:. Wouldn't that be the point of making a move like that? This is why Suzuki or Caufield can't be traded. If we can get it done with Romanov and two 1sts with other adds, do it. Who's going to get Eichel with the 4/1 package? No friggen idea

Personally, this team should continue to keep it's eye on the prize which is prolonged draft power with shot after shot at getting a star through the draft. We already know our 3rd OA pick is not going to be a star. Maybe he is a good 2C when he is 23/24 but he's not a star. We have a better chance at getting a star with the Canes pick (10-25 range) than we do with KK. Even if the pick is 15-25 range. Small chance yes but KK will not be a star

The season to season strategy of improving the team but not mortgaging the future should be at play. If guys like Price and Gallagher get upset, let them. Our best strategy is prolonged high draft power and we already have a very good base to build on. Add a star and watch out!

Last edited:
Reactions: Remparts666

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
A 1st and 3rd is worth more than Poehling and a 1st??

Poehling is a 1st round pick. Plus throw a pick in? We might as well just trade all of our 1st round picks if these prospects are going to be worth less than a 1st round pick after they are chosen.

Caufield the only good 1st round pick in a decade?

I would like to target Hertl too though he would be a good add

No- I was referring to the poster who offered Poehling and a 1st for Hertl - that isn't close to a fair offer imho.

I was offering a 1st and 3rd as a starting point with a good prospect +, i would actually prefer we keep Poehling - his value isn't all that high atm.

Reactions: blarneylad

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
He's a UFA at the end of the next season. If you make a move like this and also end up being able to extend him, do you think he moves the needle for us to be a playoff team? He's a solid top 6 player and I value him but he's a piece I would consider at the deadline... if you know you have a good shot at the playoffs.

Imagine... after 12 months, we got no Danault, KK, Poehling, Hertl, and a 1st. We can not, we must not be desperate for a center. What's done is done and don't make it worse. Aside from Eichel, there is no center or PMD we can trade for that moves us into a playoff team after loosing Weber and Danault. This should be a re-set season

Yes he would ! Hertl would become our best forward and he would give us a great 1-2 punch at C with him and Suzuki. He's more then a top 6 C, he's a #1 C (maybe not an franchise/elite one but he's still a #1)

Remparts666

Feb 11, 2021
Fair for sure. Earliest would be Dec/Jan if he has surgery now. However, in Eichel's case, it was more about the future years potential. However, 4 years at $10M? I'm certainly not going to say no but can we win in those 4 years? :sarcasm:. Wouldn't that be the point of making a move like that? This is why Suzuki or Caufield can't be traded. If we can get it done with Romanov and two 1sts with other adds, do it. Who's going to get Eichel with the 4/1 package? No friggen idea

Personally, this team should continue to keep it's eye on the prize which is prolonged draft power with shot after shot at getting a star through the draft. We already know our 3rd OA pick is not going to be a star. Maybe he is a good 2C when he is 23/24 but he's not a star. We have a better chance at getting a star with the Canes pick (10-25 range) than we do with KK. Even if the pick is 15-25 range. Small chance yes but KK will not be a star

The season to season strategy of improving the team but not mortgaging the future should be at play. If guys like Price and Gallagher get upset, let them. Our best strategy is prolonged high draft power and we already have a very good base to build on. Add a star and watch out!

This

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Yes he would ! Hertl would become our best forward and he would give us a great 1-2 punch at C with him and Suzuki. He's more then a top 6 C, he's a #1 C (maybe not an franchise/elite one but he's still a #1)
Maybe. The last two years he has virtually the same points as the Sue. And Nick's production is trending up while Hertl's is trending down or plateaued at best.

Reactions: DAChampion

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Maybe. The last two years he has virtually the same points as the Sue. And Nick's production is trending up while Hertl's is trending down or plateaued at best.
not the same PPG though, Hertl is at 0,86 and Suzuki is at 0,73. Hertl battle with injuries and Covid last 2 seasons but when he's healthy, he's a stud

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

I value Hertl but not as high as you. Would be equal to Suzuki and a decent 1/2 punch but you better get him on an extension

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

At first I was leaning on matching. But after careful consideration and reviewing a lot of factors, I'm not matching.

* KK will not be a star.
* 1st round picks gives you another chance
* Poehling slides into KK's spot cause he is in fact NHL ready.
* or we trade for Hertl with extension or Dvorak.

I totally fine with having two 1st and two decent shots at a star. Not probable but it's like zero chance KK is future star. More like a good middle 2C if he matures but that will take time.

Don't match!

Reactions: dralaf

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Right know Hertl is better then Suzuki, in 2-3 yrs they will probably be equal but for now Hertl have a step on him and yes sign him for 7-8 yrs after

I would not look at it that way. I would look at it in terms of a 1/2 punch with Evans as the 3rd wheel. I absolutely hate the 1C,2C, 3C,4C narratives. I look at sum of all parts cause this is not the NBA where top heavy wins more often than not. NHL is the ultimate team game.

Who's better between Suzuki and Hertl? I'll let you guys debate that (not and future). Don't factor in with me cause I got my eyes on the team

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I would not look at it that way. I would look at it in terms of a 1/2 punch with Evans as the 3rd wheel. I absolutely hate the 1C,2C, 3C,4C narratives. I look at sum of all parts cause this is not the NBA where top heavy wins more often than not. NHL is the ultimate team game.

Who's better between Suzuki and Hertl? I'll let you guys debate that (not and future). Don't factor in with me cause I got my eyes on the team
Yes the 1/2 punch with Suzuki/Hertl would be really interesting. We would only miss a #3 C and having Evans in his role as a #4 but I could live with Evans as #3 to start to season and then grab an other C at the TDL if we have this 1/2 punch

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Yes the 1/2 punch with Suzuki/Hertl would be really interesting. We would only miss a #3 C and having Evans in his role as a #4 but I could live with Evans as #3 to start to season and then grab an other C at the TDL if we have this 1/2 punch

Evans played with Lehkonen and Byron against Tampa and held his own very well. One of the most deepest cup winners we have seen in recent memory. Evans can fill a 3C spot IMO. Habs have trust in him just as much as trading Eller cause we had Danault back when.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad