Proposal: Trade thread #67

Status
Not open for further replies.

LastRide

Feb 18, 2008
I don't think MB will do anything today. Maybe it's for the better. These plug moves are useless. Call up Caufield and be done with it. Work on something better in the offseason.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

TouzY

Dec 1, 2014
Quebec
Bos and Tor are in the playoffs easy peasy and they add attack.
We get 3rd pairing defense, like usual and we'll miss the playoffs, watch it happen
Usually when you are close to something you try to improve to reach that goal. But nahhh not MTL

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
I think I'd rather Bergevin not do anything than trade high draft picks or good prospects. At this point, they're more than one player away from competing, so no need to try for a quick fix.

Reactions: hvac412

slybel

Jan 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Looks like we were 'all in' with acquisitions and cap space ....

Now, team is falling.... I don't think any player coming in would help us. Just take the L and waiting till next year.

Unless Calgary turns it up, we will make the playoffs... I would be surprised if we win 2....

Kwikwi

Feb 13, 2009
I would’ve easily beaten that offer for Hall
Hall had full control
Maybe he doesn’t like Eric Staal
Maybe he thinks that the bruins can win a cup more than us.
Maybe he thinks that for his next contract it is better there.
Maybe they didnt want to take Byron etc
We dont know.

Reactions: Vachon23

MeanMugging91

Jan 6, 2016
Do the players going from one team in the states to another team in the states have to quarantine? Or is it a couple negatives and good to go kind of thing? Cause I can see hall not wanting to waiste any time trying to put up points for his next contract and jist show it was a Buffalo thing

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Keep Caufield in the A.....at least till the end of the AHL season, it’s what I’d do!

I'm thinking the same but I wonder though... If we don't give him a NHL game to burn the 1st year on his ELC, what does he think about that and does he try to use that against us on the next bridge deal?

When does the AHL season end?

Reactions: jaffy27

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
I'm thinking the same but I wonder though... If we don't give him a NHL game to burn the 1st year on his ELC, what does he think about that and does he try to use that against us on the next bridge deal?

I read somewhere that he burns an elc year regardless whether he plays an nhl game or not.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Works salary cap wise... Not sure I'd do it but I'd consider it. Our best option to make a deal that provides value for this year and next.

- Lindholm ($5.2M with one year left after this year)
- Getzlaf (50% retention = $4.125M)
for
- 2021 1st (top 3 protection)
- Harris (Grade B+ prospect on D)
- Lehkonen (RFA controlled)
- Armia (Pending UFA)

* Getzlaf waives his NMC to join Perry, Price, Weber, Staal and the kids
* Lindholm broke his wrist on Feb 27th and was out for 6 weeks. Scheduled to be back mid April ish.

Last edited:
Reactions: jaffy27

LastRide

Feb 18, 2008
Keep Caufield in the A.....at least till the end of the AHL season, it’s what I’d do!

I think they will keep him down there for a while. I doubt they keep him there until the end of the AHL season. They probably want to give him time to adjust with whoever he plays with, and to get some games under his belt. AHL season ends May 16 (15th for Laval). NHL ends May 8.

Max2

Nov 17, 2013
I am not a fan of Taylor Hall.He had 2 goals this season like Drouin and seems to have peaked a few years ago and now getting on the wrong side of 30. He is another Matt Douchene type.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I am not a fan of Taylor Hall.He had 2 goals this season like Drouin and seems to have peaked a few years ago and now getting on the wrong side of 30. He is another Matt Douchene type.

I tend to agree with this.

When I watched the Habs this past Saturday night, one area I noticed we are weak at is puck battles.... pay attention to it next time. We loose more puck battles than we win even though we got a bit tougher this year. Chasing the puck more than you have it can drain you!

Reactions: jaffy27 and Max2

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021

They can only burn an ELC year before the player is 20 years old. By age 20, the contract runs for 3 years regardless of where the player plays.

Reactions: habsfan891

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Do the players going from one team in the states to another team in the states have to quarantine? Or is it a couple negatives and good to go kind of thing? Cause I can see hall not wanting to waiste any time trying to put up points for his next contract and jist show it was a Buffalo thing
No quarantine in US & vaccines are readily available for 16+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad