Confirmed with Link: Trade: TB/Chi = Paradis for Gotovets

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Stan's going all out!

Chris Kuc ‏@ChrisKuc 23s
#Blackhawks have acquired the rights to defenseman Kirill Gotovets from the #Lightning in exchange for forward Philippe Paradis.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
People can mock this trade, but Chicago was at the 50-contract limit. They're not anymore.

Bring Back GLR

Commit to the Indian
Nov 8, 2006
Blackhawkville
When I saw the TB trade link, I almost went in my pants and thought Marty St. Louis was coming and then well I remembered it was Bowman at the helm.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Also he can stay another year (He is only Junior) and you never know maybe he does well next year

Either way nothing for nothing trade so no bad or good

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
People can mock this trade, but Chicago was at the 50-contract limit. They're not anymore.

Yup. Gives them a little wiggle room with contracts and that's about it.

Also gives me a reason to watch Cornell next year.

My "time in real life" vs. "time watching hockey" ratio took a huge nosedive this year when I started watching NCAA hockey.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
^
Nope just hate watching Paradis play hockey

All he does is try to cheapshot the smallest guy on ice and yap

From what I saw of Paradis, he was a pretty even-opportunity hitter.

Either way, it's nice to see you posting on the bright side of the potential development of a player than simply writing them off.

For the record, Kirill apparently is a strong skater, at least. Having no points is concerning going forward, but a confidence boost as a Senior might springboard him into being, at least, an AHLer.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
From what I saw of Paradis, he was a pretty even-opportunity hitter.

Either way, it's nice to see you posting on the bright side of the potential development of a player than simply writing them off.

For the record, Kirill apparently is a strong skater, at least. Having no points is concerning going forward, but a confidence boost as a Senior might springboard him into being, at least, an AHLer.

^
Well I generally like NCAA for development of lower caliber prospects

Find it better then them getting lost in JR/Minor shuffle to early

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
For a lot of players, I agree. For the most part though, I'm in the Corey Pronman boat of, if the player is good enough for the AHL, they should be in the AHL as soon as possible. Spending too much time in Junior/College doesn't hurt, but it doesn't accelerate their development if they're not being challenged enough.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad