Speculation: Trade Talk V - Livin' for the Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Trading Rome and Gonchar doesn't seem very easy. Especially the former. Just buy 'em out. Not my money :)

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
I would keep Gonchar, I don't see why we should move him. A little experience is always good, he has progressed since the start of the year. Plus another year with Val can help Val's development.

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
I can't remember if it was with Montreal before being traded or Calgary right after being traded, but there was a big hullabaloo about Cammy being moved to C. Don't think it lasted that long though.

I'd love Stastny, I do think they need to upgrade 2C and don't think the answer will come from in-house for a few years. Grabovski would be okay, but not as crazy about his age, and for all the talk about how good of a year he's had, his numbers aren't anything too special after a hot start.

Definitely want Fayne, just makes too much sense, and would like to see at least one more new right shot in the D corps. Maybe that will be Klingy.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
I think Dallas offers Stastny a deal but in the end he chooses someone in the East like most of the high dollar FAs tend to do. Nill is going to go after him and Grabo but it's highly likely he strikes out through no fault of his own. They need a plan B which is a trade and to get the best value they'd have to take a bad contract or more likely project an AHL guy or someone on the outs with his club to improve the center position. I think there are a ton of options as far as internal/external defenders and even wingers who would be good upgrades on Cole or if Peverley can't come back.

But the bottom line is this club could really use an upgrade at 2C and defense and one should not preclude from the other.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
I'm going to go ahead and close this and start a new thread, as I don't really want to see the word "Offseason" right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad