Trade Speculation...

dmortens

Jan 5, 2014
Kelowna
So whats the deal with Tvrdon, Giants fans? Apparently he has some off ice issues? Makes me a little nervous if Hamilton is willing to send a guy like Franko for someone who might cause trouble in the room.

Hordichuk_24

So whats the deal with Tvrdon, Giants fans? Apparently he has some off ice issues? Makes me a little nervous if Hamilton is willing to send a guy like Franko for someone who might cause trouble in the room.

No off ice issues, more like on ice issues. I've ranted about him before in the past. He has a ton of skill and can be a game breaker when he wants to be. The problem is he doesn't want to put in the effort. He doesn't back check and is prone to taking lazy and/or selfish penalties. He and Don Hay did not see eye to eye and he wasn't wanted back by the Giants. I'm really curious to see how he will fit in with Huska and the Rockets. Both Hay and Huska are very similar in what they expect from their players. Maybe he will be able to get through to Tvrdon? Who knows. It's a risky move by both teams. Tvrdon could disrupt the chemistry on the Rockets and it's certainly possible Tvrdon could burn the Giants as these two teams play plenty of times during the second half of the season.

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
Hasn't Tvrdon been playing in the ECHL this year? I take it Kelowna must feel he will report to them rather than finishing the year in the E. I know one of detroit's scouts used to be a coach for the rockets so they must have some sort of deal worked out.

dmortens

Jan 5, 2014
Kelowna
Hasn't Tvrdon been playing in the ECHL this year? I take it Kelowna must feel he will report to them rather than finishing the year in the E. I know one of detroit's scouts used to be a coach for the rockets so they must have some sort of deal worked out.

Hearing he'll join the Rockets in Lethbridge this Friday.

arsmaster*

@bladeshockey: BREAKING: Blades acquire Jordan Thomson, Mitch Lipon and 1st in 2015 from Kamloops Blazers. http://t.co/ovcsxKDDee #BleedBlue

@blazerhockey: Blazers acquire Matt Revel. a 3rd and conditional 2nd from Blades for Lipon, Thomson and 1st in 2015, http://t.co/jXD3VHJJzQ #WHL #kamloops

2 things:

Interesting trade between bottom feeders and isn't that a lot to give up for Matt Revel?

Former 1st and a future 1st. Haven't seen Mitch Lipon in action, so Im not sure what he ends up as in the WHL, but he's probably a guy that will play his overage seasons.

Looks like Saskatoon did better in this deal.

phillipsj89

Jan 9, 2012
Canada
2 things:

Interesting trade between bottom feeders and isn't that a lot to give up for Matt Revel?

Former 1st and a future 1st. Haven't seen Mitch Lipon in action, so Im not sure what he ends up as in the WHL, but he's probably a guy that will play his overage seasons.

Looks like Saskatoon did better in this deal.

well, the future 1st means nothing to the Blazers because they are trying to compete in 2-3 years so the 1st rounder wouldnt be ready in time by then.

Jordan Thomson left the team in November for "family reasons" and has yet to return. Fairly certain that he unofficially requested a trade to be closer to home.

So essentially the Blazers gave up: Lipon and a 1st for Revel and a 3rd.

Its actually a really good trade for both teams IMO. Revel will be 19-20 when the current batch of prospects are 17-18. Revel won't be good enough to move up to higher leagues so he should be a very solid 20 year old.

tv14

Cam Dadbot
Feb 12, 2008
Alberta
Yet another Seattle and Lethbridge trade:

@WHLHurricanes: BREAKING: #WHLCanes trade local & fan favorite Russ Maxwell to Seattle for Swenson, Holub & 4th rd pick in '14. http://t.co/SdEGWevk6W #yql

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Seeing Volek traded to Vancouver, makes me give up on this season more then I already have.

Anyone have any insight on Aspen Sterzer?

Glen Erickson

Oct 16, 2005
DET roots seem to run pretty deep throughout the Okanagan Valley.

Wonder if Tvrdon feels like Don Hay coached the creativity out of him? Rockets have gotten bigger up front and as long as Tvrdon wants to be a contributor, the team has probably also improved it's skill up front.

Tough pill for Franko.

goaltending

Jan 10, 2014
Does PDX continue to ride Brendan Burke in goal, or is Corbin Boes the new #1?

1: I don't think Portland would trade for a 20yr old backup.
2: Corbin's save percentage with the worst team in the league was .900 and Brendan's was the same on a top team.

I know it has nothing to do with numbers but Boes has always looked good to me bit his numbers haven't reflected it since his sophomore season. I think now is where we'll get to see some real good numbers since he is finally on a top team just like some other good goaltenders from previous years.

Hordichuk_24

Wonder if Tvrdon feels like Don Hay coached the creativity out of him?

Could be. Don tends to rub a lot of players the wrong way. Especially Europeans. That said, Tvrdon needs to learn how to play a complete game. If he doesn't start to back check and be responsible in his own zone he'll never make it to the NHL regardless of his skill level. Tvrdon was good only when he chose to be good. And that wasn't often enough. A lot of times he'd play his best game when Detroit scout Jiri Fischer was in the building. On one hand that makes sense. On the other hand that is disappointing and concerning, IMO.

arsmaster*

Hitmen looking very good:

Rankin for Thrower

Zipp for Jones

Team to beat in the East as is.

MBJets

Dec 22, 2003
Visit site
well, the future 1st means nothing to the Blazers because they are trying to compete in 2-3 years so the 1st rounder wouldnt be ready in time by then.

Jordan Thomson left the team in November for "family reasons" and has yet to return. Fairly certain that he unofficially requested a trade to be closer to home.

So essentially the Blazers gave up: Lipon and a 1st for Revel and a 3rd.

Its actually a really good trade for both teams IMO. Revel will be 19-20 when the current batch of prospects are 17-18. Revel won't be good enough to move up to higher leagues so he should be a very solid 20 year old.

It is still up in the air if Thompson will report to the Blades yet.

tv14

Cam Dadbot
Feb 12, 2008
Alberta
Rumours of another Seattle/Lethbridge trade? Apparently OA Brady Ramsay might be heading to Seattle. Would be crazy if true.

Ex-Canes already on the Thunderbirds:
Maxwell
Henry
McKechnie
Yakubowski

Glen Erickson

Oct 16, 2005
Spoke with Joel Otto of the Hitmen yesterday in Calgary at the Top Prospects Game. The interview/podcast should be posted by HF later tonite. An interesting take on their trade deadline acquisitions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad