Speculation: Trade Speculation Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Also let us never EVER mention Iggy in this thread again...I fear for his safety. Kind of afraid to mention any of our guys in this thread to know.

I am with Apice, we just need one more complimentary top forward to add some real depth, and hopefully the deal can be used to unload one of our D-men. Could make us really dangerous. Still pissed Weiss got hurt.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
What really sucks is because of this shortened season many teams won't be out. Usually unless you're in the top 10 teams would sell at the deadline. It would possibly be top 12 this year.

The only ones out of it now might be Florida and Buffalo in our conference. Tampa Bay and Washington are most likely out right now, but when you're in the southeast all bets are off. That's how much of a joke that division is. You look in the west and nobody is even down for the count quite yet.

NHL Fanatik*

Don't know a whole lot about the man, but would we be able to acquire Wheeler from Winnipeg via trade? And what would it take?

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I know Philly isnt someone we ever trade with but I'd love to swing a trade for Courturier. They don't use him in the right way, they're screwing up his development. I'd be totally for it, they're in a desparate need for Dmen. I'd trade Tallinder, Urbom, and a later pick if they would take it.

DKQ

Generic User Title
Jun 17, 2012
Press Box
I know Philly isnt someone we ever trade with but I'd love to swing a trade for Courturier. They don't use him in the right way, they're screwing up his development. I'd be totally for it, they're in a desparate need for Dmen. I'd trade Tallinder, Urbom, and a later pick if they would take it.

They would want Merrill, Urbom, 1st, and rightfully so

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
What really sucks is because of this shortened season many teams won't be out. Usually unless you're in the top 10 teams would sell at the deadline. It would possibly be top 12 this year.

The only ones out of it now might be Florida and Buffalo in our conference. Tampa Bay and Washington are most likely out right now, but when you're in the southeast all bets are off. That's how much of a joke that division is. You look in the west and nobody is even down for the count quite yet.

Not to mention the increased # of buyers and decreased # of sellers (one of whom has nothing left to sell since the entire Panthers team is basically on IR) is going to create a ridiculous market for the few guys that do get traded.

For whatever reason I have a gut feeling Deboer will put 8-19-18 together at some point for a shutdown checking line. Random thought of the day. ;)

I'd be all for that, problem is Zubrus is currently the best option to slot in on the first line. Not an ideal option, but better than Poni/Matteau/etc that have been there so far. If we could somehow trade for another top six scoring wing though...

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

There's no way in hell we're making a deal with the Flyers and the package you're willing to offer wouldn't even get us Foster and a 2nd.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013

They'd want Merrill, Wedgewood, Urbom, and a first.

And I can't knock them for wanting that.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
I still think Brenden Morrow is doable (Gelinas, Tedenby, JaJo, Tallinder + 1st) especially considering that we've matched up with Dallas in the past on trades.

Also what about Iginla? Calgary isn't going anywhere. Maybe JI wants a run at the cup? Wouldn't mind Flipulla either.

How about prying Semin from Hurricane obscurity?

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
I still think Brenden Morrow is doable (Gelinas, Tedenby, JaJo, Tallinder + 1st) especially considering that we've matched up with Dallas in the past on trades.

Also what about Iginla? Calgary isn't going anywhere. Maybe JI wants a run at the cup? Wouldn't mind Flipulla either.

Morrow has been godawful lately, and Semin won't be traded as long as Carolina is in the playoff hunt.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
Morrow has been godawful lately.

I know. Classic buy low. Though he's entering the wrong side of 30 so it's hardly a given that he will regain his form.

Price is probably a bit high (would probably be able to keep the first on second thought, given his age) but it might be worth it. He's a couple years removed from 33/20.

Another look at his stats (especially last year) we might be seeing a ton of regression so I might swap Urbom for Gelinas and go from there. Either way we need to make a move or we're going to lose to Chicago in 5.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Problem with Iggy is I am not 100% convinced he even gets dealt. He seems like he really likes it up there, he is an Alberta guy, and Feaster is an idiot. I can totally see either him invoking his NMC and blocking a move, or Feaster just not bothering.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Even though he's an UFA? We all know he's gone after this year. We have a shot to retain him, Carolina does not.
I think Semin is very comfortable in Carolina, and it would not shock me in the slightest to see him re-sign there long-term. And no, teams do not trade pending UFAs when they're leading their division. Even if they think they might (or will) lose them, it doesn't happen.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
Wow I'm not sending a 1st round pick and a good prospect in any sort of package for Morrow.

If we want to add, lets just add a quality piece that can add something. There isn't a need to add just to add if it is just for the sake of it. that means we may not find what we are looking for but that is alright too.

apice3*

carolina is contending, and we gave up less for kovy than that morrow package

Jiri Bicek

Rusty Shackleford
Feb 16, 2006
Jersey City, NJ
Even though he's an UFA? We all know he's gone after this year. We have a shot to retain him, Carolina does not.

Where is it said that he's gone after this year?

Rutherford has expressed interest in re-signing him:

"We hope that he's here a long period of time," Rutherford told Alexander. "We did not think of this as a passing thing. We said when we signed him that we liked him and wanted to see how he fit the team. We have been very pleased and hope to re-sign him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad