Speculation: Trade Speculation Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott04

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey
Wins please. I don't care what the move(s) are that make it happen. As long as the end result is there, I don't care.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Henrique is better as a winger in my opinion.

Kovalchuk - Loktionov - Henrique
Elias - Zajac - Clarkson
Ponikarovsky - Weiss - Zubrus
Carter - Gionta - Bernier

I'd sign up for that. I really hope Lou tries to pick up Weiss on the cheap. Might be a while before Florida decides to sell though.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Has anyone mentioned Wellwood as a low cost option?

His shootout skills will help us, and his playing bad so he won't cost much.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
Dangle Clarkson to Edmonton. They are in dire need of a player of his unique abilities. A corner man and crease battler.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Dangle Clarkson to Edmonton. They are in dire need of a player of his unique abilities. A corner man and crease battler.

For what? I know he's done **** recently, but we need him.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'd love Gagner, but I'm not sure Clarkson in his walk year could get him.

He may be able to if we add something small like a prospect D. It depends where Edmonton is. Way out of the race, or still fighting? I think I'd want better Gagner. At this point I'm not opposed to trading Matteau. The decision not to forfeit the pick looks foolish now. Though it may be just as foolish for us to trade him. If we were gonna trade him we could have traded that pick at the draft, and let the team who got the pick decide who they wanted to use that pick on.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
He may be able to if we add something small like a prospect D. It depends where Edmonton is. Way out of the race, or still fighting? I think I'd want better Gagner. At this point I'm not opposed to trading Matteau. The decision not to forfeit the pick looks foolish now. Though it may be just as foolish for us to trade him. If we were gonna trade him we could have traded that pick at the draft, and let the team who got the pick decide who they wanted to use that pick on.

Edmonton is 4 points out of the final spot in a massive loglam out West. However, their ownership group has incredible pressure levied on their shoulders to make the playoffs this year & hopefully justify the hype and potential local resources.

apice3*

Lets trade Zajac.

Only half joking.

MV5BMTIzNDI5MTc0M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMjM5NDU5._V1_SY317_CR10,0,214,317_.jpg

The key to improving forward depth is to trade two of your best forwards.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Are these boards in meltdown mode after tonight? Zajac had and created some of the Devils' best chances of the night. He's snakebit but he'll get out of it like everyone else will.

I don't really know if this team would benefit much from Weiss. A finisher would be more helpful than a playmaker, I think.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA

No ****ing way we trade Clarkson and a prospect D for Sam friggin Gagner.

MauDevils

Jan 11, 2009
New Jersey
This team needs more grit and speed. We need a legit #1 center and to get younger on D.

I don't have interest in rentals anymore.

The Joker

Feb 25, 2011

??? Why? He's one of the few prospects of the first round who actually play in the NHL now, he is a Power Forward who actually take more time to develop, look at JVR. How can you even decide now if it was foolish or not? He is actually pretty good defensively already. He just became 19.

Stop being so hard and premature about our prospects ...

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA

What?

Matteau has looked pretty good recently. And he's 19, in his first NHL season.

Overreaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad