Rumor: Trade Rumours & Proposals | Would NYR Move Kreider? | Reinhart Unclaimed

Status
Not open for further replies.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
Send Yamo back to Jr, call up JP. Put Draisaitl with RNH. Do a complete rehaul of the PP units.

PP unit 1.
JP-Maroon-Mcdavid
Letestu-Nurse

PP unit 2.
Strome-Lucic-Cagula
Benning-RNH
What is the point of having another player like Nurse on the pp who has a terrible shot? I feel like he'd lose the puck a lot too cause he always hangs onto the puck for way to long when he is in the ozone on 5x5. Larsson needs to be tried in that position. Right now the entire pp consists of down low play which every team just stays right infront of the goalie disrupting hard passes Drai or Mcdavid are having to make. You set it up so that at the point is Larsson and across from him is Letestu and all of a sudden the pk has to worry about two up high players teeing Mcdavids passes. That opens the down low play and maybe those cross crease passes aren't that hard anymore. Larsson has a slap shot so right there he should be above Nurse just on that alone. I don't know why there are still people out there who don't want that because bla bla Larssons minutes but if you want him to develop into a 26 minute a night top defenseman he has to be playing the pp, as well.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
60+ points player is what I see Pulju becoming. You don't move these type of players for Kreider who is more of temporary help. I don't have a timeline when he reaches his potential. It might actually be a blessing in disguise when Pulju reaches it after we extends him on a cheap deal. I understand Pulju isn't helping us at the moment but Kreider isn't going to make us that much better.

We can't get a #1D with Pulju+ then we should just stand pat and explore other trades.

This is what I'm getting at. Kreider essentially is that today. He's also signed to a very manageable cap hit for the next three seasons at $4.6m. Jesse Puljujarvi is several seasons away from even approaching that benchmark and is a possible risk of never achieving it. And in the instance he does, judging by the Draisaitl extension, he's likely looking at a salary of anywhere between $6.5m and $8.5m annually. He won't take a long term deal prior to his breakout--very few players do.

I'm not certain Kreider is the most accurate guy to fill our current needs--considering he's a LW and a costly one at that. But in terms of player for player return, it's a reasonable trade off in terms of production vs potential.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
No way I do Pulju for Kreider. Kreider's career high is 53 points and he's left-handed. 50 points is Pulju's floor imo.

I don't know about that. Right now Pooly is looking very much like a Pajarvi like bust. More aggressive and likely will be a bit better at least but I wouldn't be surprised if Pooly doesn't turn out into a good player production-wise.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
This is what I'm getting at. Kreider essentially is that today. He's also signed to a very manageable cap hit for the next three seasons at $4.6m. Jesse Puljujarvi is several seasons away from even approaching that benchmark and is a possible risk of never achieving it. And in the instance he does, judging by the Draisaitl extension, he's likely looking at a salary of anywhere between $6.5m and $8.5m annually. He won't take a long term deal prior to his breakout--very few players do.

I'm not certain Kreider is the most accurate guy to fill our current needs--considering he's a LW and a costly one at that. But in terms of player for player return, it's a reasonable trade off in terms of production vs potential.
Yamamoto for Kreider if we are going off by what you're saying as he would take years to fully round out his game.
I agree Kreider brings a skillset that could help the Oilers and give us options with what to do with Maroon but I explore the trade by looking at RNH for Krieder. Both could use a change of scenery. RNH comes in to replace Stepan

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Yamamoto for Kreider if we are going off by what you're saying as he would take years to fully round out his game.
I agree Kreider brings a skillset that could help the Oilers and give us options with what to do with Maroon but I explore the trade by looking at RNH for Krieder. Both could use a change of scenery. RNH comes in to replace Stepan
Who's closer to being an NHL regular in terms of performance currently? Yamamoto or Puljujarvi?

And I know everyone's dream is to turn RNH into something else, but I still think the Oilers stick with the depth they have at center.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Who's closer to being an NHL regular in terms of performance currently? Yamamoto or Puljujarvi?

And I know everyone's dream is to turn RNH into something else, but I still think the Oilers stick with the depth they have at center.
The Oilers don't have much of a choice next year. We have to move RNH for cheaper options and if we can flip him for a top line winger for McDavid and move Drai back down to #2C, it would be ideal.
As for Yamamoto and Pulju, they should be full time Oilers next year because of their ELC. Just hope they are ready by then.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
I think the Oilers should look to trade for Rieder. Seems like a buy low acquisition at the moment. Move Drai back down to #2C and play him with Rieder.

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
The only teams likely to make major moves in the next week or so are those right above or below us in the standings.

That leaves:

-NYR
-Buffalo
-Arizona
-Montreal

From that group, we can easily spot some strong trade candidates:

RW- Michael Grabner, Andrew Shaw, Anthony Duclair, Tobias Rieder
RD-Niklas Hjalmarsson, Anthony DeAngelo

There are other potential adds who either make too much money (Nash) have too much term (Petry, Demers) or both (Okposo). The possibility of a surprise trade also exists for a young gun like Galchenyuk, but that's hard to read.

However, that right there is a good pool of buy-low candidates. If Chia can even acquire two of that group, we have a chance at an early reset. Wait too long though and we may as well start tanking come December 1st.

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
The only teams likely to make major moves in the next week or so are those right above or below us in the standings.

That leaves:

-NYR
-Buffalo
-Arizona
-Montreal

From that group, we can easily spot some strong trade candidates:

RW- Michael Grabner, Andrew Shaw, Anthony Duclair, Tobias Rieder
RD-Niklas Hjalmarsson, Anthony DeAngelo

There are other potential adds who either make too much money (Nash) have too much term (Petry, Demers) or both (Okposo). The possibility of a surprise trade also exists for a young gun like Galchenyuk, but that's hard to read.

However, that right there is a good pool of buy-low candidates. If Chia can even acquire two of that group, we have a chance at an early reset. Wait too long though and we may as well start tanking come December 1st.

Seriously? We're three games under 0.500. People need to stop pushing the panic button.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
I think the Oilers should look to trade for Rieder. Seems like a buy low acquisition at the moment. Move Drai back down to #2C and play him with Rieder.
I'd do Strome for Rieder, fairly similair offense, but Rieder is an all situations player. Ari gets to reunite the brothers and we get the headache of having to negotiate a contract extension with an agent who is a pain in the butt.

I have no problems with acquiring Kreider, but it does overload us a bit on LW's and left handed shots (Strome for Rieder increase our leftie total as well). Ideally if we landed Kreider I'd want a deal shipping Lucic out, maybe Maroon if extension talks aren't going well, but given how our season is going not really wanting to sabotage what is working with this team. Realistically Kreider is a nice upgrade on Maroon and more closely matches McDavid's speed, but Lucic was supposed to push Maroon out of that role as well and it didn't turn out that way, chemistry won the day.

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
I'd do Strome for Rieder, fairly similair offense, but Rieder is an all situations player. Ari gets to reunite the brothers and we get the headache of having to negotiate a contract extension with an agent who is a pain in the butt.

Yeah I think that's the perfect trade for everybody. Rieder was also a pain to the Coyotes the last time he was an RFA, so I can see that as an added reason to trade him even if he's the more consistent player in all three zones.

Rieder is the perfect middle sixer for us. We honestly need two more of him to build a functional third line, but it's a start.

Raoul Duke

Feb 21, 2010

Depth at center is a nice theory. In reality Letestu is our third line center.

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
I think we should trade for that eberle kid from the islanders, I heard he grew up an oilers fan. Still think we need another top 4 Defencemen.

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
Yeah I think that's the perfect trade for everybody. Rieder was also a pain to the Coyotes the last time he was an RFA, so I can see that as an added reason to trade him even if he's the more consistent player in all three zones.

Rieder is the perfect middle sixer for us. We honestly need two more of him to build a functional third line, but it's a start.

Rieder ain't coming to the Oilers. Sorry, but we drafted him, and he wanted nothing to do with us. If we trade for him he plays out his contract and asks for a trade. In a fairytale world he and Draisaitl become the German "Hockey Union" line. We'd just need another German RW/LW to complete it.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Rieder ain't coming to the Oilers. Sorry, but we drafted him, and he wanted nothing to do with us. If we trade for him he plays out his contract and asks for a trade. In a fairytale world he and Draisaitl become the German "Hockey Union" line. We'd just need another German RW/LW to complete it.
Rieder asked for a trade when Tambellini was in charge. It's different now. I doubt Rieder wants to stick around with the worst team in the league

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
Rieder ain't coming to the Oilers. Sorry, but we drafted him, and he wanted nothing to do with us.

That was when our franchise players were Eberle and RNH. I actually don't really blame him.

If we trade for him he plays out his contract and asks for a trade.

He seems like a young man focused entirely on making the most amount of money possible. Why, then, would he turn down the possibility of playing on Connor McDavid's line?

Trade Strome for him, pump his value up, then let some other team pay $5M+ for his services. That's what a good team would do.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
What is the point of having another player like Nurse on the pp who has a terrible shot?
Nurse doesn't have a 'terrible shot'. Don't exaggerate.
I agree with you that Larsson deserves a chance on the PP - been saying so for a long time.
But Nurse deserves a chance as well.
He can carry the puck and he has the speed to prevent SH chances against.
As for the shot, how about this one?

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I agree with you that Larsson deserves a chance on the PP - been saying so for a long time.

Off the boards and in, thanks Quinn.

Reactions: Del Preston

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017

So one example of his shot. He rarely does that look at his shots in games. They aren't strong, they aren't hard. His shot is his worst part of his game. I think he has been money lately but his shot is not good enough for the PP.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Let's just do it. Put the best guys we have in the best position possible to succeed.

Maroon - McDavid - Puljujarvi
Lucic - RNH - Draisaitl
Cagguila - Strome - Slepshev
Jokinen - Letestu - Kassian

Nurse - Larsson
Klefbom - Benning
Russell - Bear

I think is the best lineup we can possibly make right now. Even with Bear and Pulju not being quote ready

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010

Yeah congratz you found the one video of him actually scoring using a slap shot. Care to show a couple more? Probably not cause they don't exist. Care to atleast show some video clips of him actually doing anything with his shot other than weak wristers? Won't find many of those either. Nurse has been great this year but he will never ever be a valuable asset on the pp until he learns how to 1 time a puck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad