Rumor: Trade Rumours & Proposals | Would NYR Move Kreider? | Reinhart Unclaimed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Think we could use a new thread. Some of the things to kick us off:

• Oilers looking for scoring from the right side. Not married to Ryan Strome. Per Kypreos
  • Elliot Friedman has mentioned twice (Friday on Oilers Now, Saturday Headlines) that if the NYR decide to change things up, Kreider would be a player that brings speed to the Oilers lineup and there would be interest, if NYR decide to go that route. Friedman has been saying that we should be looking to add speed.
  • Griffin Reinhart placed on waivers by the VGK.

I don't know if anyone watched Saturday headlines but they talked about Edmonton. Kypereos talked about how he is not sure if Oilers will keep Strome. As well as Friedman wondered about Krieder being a potential target for us.

Sportsnet has added an article regarding what they said during the intermission.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
What would NYR even want from us in a deal for Kreider? Hard to see a deal there. Would they be looking at Nuge? They're really weak down the middle now. Or possibly Nurse? Though I can't see Chia parting with him. A Kreider for Nuge deal would be interesting though. Nuge is more expensive and has an extra year on his deal but they have pretty similar production the past couple of seasons.

Alowlyoilersfan

Sep 28, 2017
Biggest add would be a right-handed defenceman still.

The speed Kreider would add to the top six would make a huge difference though.

Feb 9, 2013
Kreider is another left winger though... albeit a fast 6'3'' 228lbs left winger. He might look good on McDavid's wing. It would be perfect if he played RW. I am fine with seeing Strome moved.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
If we bring in Kreider we should trade Maroon at the deadline

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Kreider for Puljujarvi is something I could get behind. JP may end up the better forward in the long run, but we need offense NOW and that is something Kreider provides. His cap hit for the next 3 years is manageable. What I could not get behind is adding significantly to JP though.

As a one-off though, I'd be happy with Nash at a significantly lower cost.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I'd be also interested in Leivo from Toronto. He would do well in our bottom 6 and probably wouldn't cost too much

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I'd be also interested in Leivo from Toronto. He would do well in our bottom 6 and probably wouldn't cost too much
Honestly, we should have traded for him in the first week of the season. The more we let him play, the higher the cost will get.

Reactions: McDrai

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
No way I do Pulju for Kreider. Kreider's career high is 53 points and he's left-handed. 50 points is Pulju's floor imo.

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
No way I do Pulju for Kreider. Kreider's career high is 53 points and he's left-handed. 50 points is Pulju's floor imo.
Honestly, I don't know where that certainty comes from. Outside of the junior tournament, I've never seen that elite scoring ability. He looks like he has a high ceiling still, but he also looks more like a play-maker than a scorer. Not exactly high up on the organisational needs.

This is an example of us weighing now vs then. Can we afford to wait until JP unlocks that ability, if it ever comes?

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
I think Chiarellli claims Reinhart just to save face on that trade. There's an opening right now for a left-handed D, and he was a mix of pleasantly decent and not-downright-disastrous whenever he played. If the Oilers can get 100 NHL GP out of him over the next couple years, that lessens the sting of trading two high picks for him.

Kreider would be awesome but is not happening. We don't have the assets to be throwing away Puljus or RNHs for more LWs. Better to focus on young guys who are bubbling under (AA, Leivo) and rentals or near-rentals (Pacioretty, Nash). Two of those four makes us a much better team today.

Any word from Chiarelli after the first ten games? Does he care at all? Is there even a pulse?

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
Honestly, I don't know where that certainty comes from. Outside of the junior tournament, I've never seen the elite scoring ability. He looks like he has a high ceiling still, but he also looks more like a play-maker than a scorer.

This is an example of us weighing now vs then. Can we afford to wait until JP unlocks that ability, if it ever comes?
Don't get me wrong, I'd be open to moving him for the right player but not for a guy who produces less than Eberle.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
He won't, they're at 49/50 contracts

48 once we send Yamo back to Jr. Reinhart will get claimed by the time we can put our claim in. If it was after November 1st we’d have a chance but he’ll never be a full time NHL defenceman if he doesn’t get faster.

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Don't get me wrong, I'd be open to moving him for the right player but not for a guy who produces less than Eberle.
It's fair to compare the two but Kreider obviously brings the speed, size and physicality over Eberle, which is why I could see the interest. Honestly, I still prefer the Nash-for-cheap rental over a long-term commitment like this, but I think a Kreider for JP deal would qualify as a calculated risk.

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
What would we have to add to Strome and Caggiula/Slepyshev to land Kreider?
Probably our first. Even then, I can't see why they'd covet Strome. I wouldn't trade Caggiula either because it'd hurt our ability to grab future UFAs from US Colleges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad