Rumor: Trade Rumours & Proposals | Would NYR Move Kreider? | Reinhart Unclaimed

Status
Not open for further replies.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
They are going to have to activate that Facebook campaign that got mact fired if chia trades nuge. He's the only idiot whose trade nuge for a dmanwhen u need scoring forwards
Trading Nuge for a defensemen would be awful. Take one of our only offensive players away and trade him for another star at home defensemen probably. Might as well trade McDavid for Slavin while he is at it.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
RNH, Nurse, Puljujarvi are pretty much the only players of value that Chiarelli can trade.

Russell, Lucic, Sekera have NMCs so they're going nowhere.

Letestu and Maroon would be rental trades and the return would be pick or a prospect that's years off.

Obviously McDavid and Draisaitl are going nowhere, don't think Chiarelli even has the authority to make a deal for either without Katz' consent.

The rest of the roster isn't worth anything.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
umm fire the coach?

last season made the playoffs, but yes, fire the coach.

Eh, lots of coaches have been fired for a lot less.

Pittsburgh broke out with virtually the same exact year the Oilers had a year ago in 06-07. Their coach Therrin then got them to the Stanley Cup Finals. The next year when they started slow Therrin was fired after like 10 games. No f***s given. They won the Stanley Cup that June.

Blackhawks fired their coach even with a winning record, lol when Kane/Toews were young. Calgary had a similar Cinderella break out year a few seasons ago ... they did not hesitate to fire their GM and coach the following season after they missed the playoffs.

Real franchises run themselves like a business. The Oilers run things like a country club and treat management and coaches like puppies (aw, he didn't mean it! he won't crap on the carpet again I swear!) instead of employees expected to deliver results.

That's why this franchise is going to miss the playoffs now 10/11 years, 2/3 years with Connor McDavid and is debatably the worst franchise in professional sports. There is no professionalism with this franchise whatsoever and they reap the results of that over and over and over again.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
umm fire the coach?

last season made the playoffs, but yes, fire the coach.
Because if you watch interviews or watch the team it's very clear the team has quit in the coach?

I mean you can call us crazies and ignore the signs but it's clear that they have. And once a team quits on a coach and stops buying their message... There isn't really any going back?

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
McLellan will get another job anyway. He still has decent pedigree as a coach, had one good year here, someone will hire him. Florida or Arizona or Washington or somebody. There's always teams look for a new coach. He'll come out this OK. Teams will look at the GM too for what the coach was given to work with. Tortorella got hired again after Vancouver, etc. etc.

Chia is probably never going to ever get a GM job again though. He's Mike Milbury-ed himself, no team is going to trust him with a promising core again, he will never live down those Seguin and Hall trades. GMs generally don't get as many chances either.

Hockey Nightmare

Oct 25, 2007
I hope this isn't the case. Not because I'm tied to McLellan as coach. I... just hope it isn't true. I hope this is never true.

I highly doubt it. If it is true then these players aren't going to have an easy time in this league. There are worse taskmasters out there than McLellan.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Darryl Sutter is the only guy who could get this team into the playoffs as is. Hire him tomorrow and they would make the playoffs and be a royal pain the ass to play against. It would just be ugly hockey. I almost rather would just get a good draft pick and build this properly longer term, lol.

Though I concede that approach may mean no playoffs this year but also next year also.

If there was a desperation move for Chia Sutter would be it. I don't see how he trades RNH and doesn't get bent over, after all we were told over and over again that we can't expect a good return on Hall because everyone knew Chia was desperate, well like, lol would every GM not know it now?

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Friedman and co. talking about it on HNIC during the early games. Not "RNH is getting traded," just "teams are interested in RNH."

Not surprising at all. Count me in the group that doesn't want to see RNH get traded but he is really the only valuable piece that team can trade due to the depth at center.
I think it would be a mistake.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
I'd be open to dealing RNH for a defenceman, but I'd be adding on to him to get a better asset vs. multiple smaller pieces.

In other words, I wouldn't move Nuge for Savard-like return, but if there's a Nuge++ for Faulk+ deal to be had I'd be willing to look into that.

Faulk and Kruger
For
Nuge, Russell, 1st

Gets you a legit defensive centre, and a RHD with a PP pedigree, while Drai or Strome take over as the #2.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Hell, take that move above and follow it up with something like Maroon for Sobotka/Z. Smith and suddenly this team's looking faster and a lot more defensively sound.

Cammy-McDavid-Drai/Strome
Lucic-Strome/Drai-Pulju
Sobotka-Kruger-Slepyshev
Caggiula-Khaira-Kassian

Nurse-Larsson
Klefbom-Faulk
Sekera-Benning

PP (3 RH shooters with McDrai, what a concept)
Kassian-Draisaitl-McDavid
Pulju-Faulk

Slepyshev-Strome-Lucic
Sekera-Klefbom

PK
Kruger-Sobotka
Nurse-Larsson

Khaira-Kassian
Sekera-Faulk

McDavid-Caggiula
Klefbom

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I'd be open to dealing RNH for a defenceman, but I'd be adding on to him to get a better asset vs. multiple smaller pieces.

In other words, I wouldn't move Nuge for Savard-like return, but if there's a Nuge++ for Faulk+ deal to be had I'd be willing to look into that.

Faulk and Kruger
For
Nuge, Russell, 1st

Gets you a legit defensive centre, and a RHD with a PP pedigree, while Drai or Strome take over as the #2.

Lets just entirely gut the forward group to just Connor and Leon.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
If PC were to get fired from the Oilers he will go down as one of the worst GMs in history. You can’t have a history of trading high picks and star young players for depth players and expect to get a job again.

Reactions: Captain Fantastic

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Lets just entirely gut the forward group to just Connor and Leon.

If you put more skill and ability to drive the play on the defence, even the lower end forwards will score more. I don't trust a line if Caggiula-Strome-Slepyshev to consistantly score if they're on the ice with a defence of Russell-Gryba, but having a guy like Sekera or Faulk on the ice for most of the game means you've now got a QB out there beyond just McDavid and Draisaitl

Adding a guy like Faulk solidifies the defence for the next ~3 years at a very reasonable rate.

Plus I still see another 3/4 guys should be able to count on putting up a 40 point pace in Lucic, Strome, Cammy, and decent potential in Pulju, Slepyshev and Caggiula assuming they're put in a position to succeed.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
If you put more skill and ability to drive the play on the defence, even the lower end forwards will score more. Adding a guy like Faulk solidifies the defence for the next ~3 years at a very reasonable rate.

Plus I still see another 3/4 guys should be able to count on putting up a 40 point pace in Lucic, Strome, Cammy, and decent potential in Pulju, Slepyshev and Caggiula assuming they're put in a position to succeed.

This management group needs to be relieved of its duties, and we are going to have to be patient. No more "short cut" trades or "lets lose a trade for a need" nonsense. We're now reaping the rewards of such a short sighted, idiotic philosophy.

You need to get value on your trades, you can't be flipping players willing to gift other teams good assets for losses continually.

Get a good pick in the draft, develop said player, and build this slow. There is no slam dunk, easy fix for this.

They're not making the playoffs this year and with the cap flexibility they (don't) have they probably could miss next year, this franchise needs to make it's peace with that and build deliberately from here on out.

No more trades. I've had enough of this garbage, especially talent for "character". Edmonton and Montreal show how well that goes in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad