Rumor: Trade Rumours & Proposals | Would NYR Move Kreider? | Reinhart Unclaimed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
I wasn't a big Pouliot fan, but buying him out this past summer was a stupid move. Too much money left on term, and the guy could at least still skate and could have provided some depth and been moved at the deadline.
And his replacement, Cap Space, has done nothing this year.

Reactions: Consultant

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
No more Islanders D unless it's Leddy. Wouldn't want to trade with Boston either after the crap they pulled with Doggie. If we win the trade by a landslide then sure.
I'm interested in Pulock a bit of a project, if we are going to have Russell making $4M on the 3rd pairing he might as well spend that time mentoring someone who could be a difference maker. Pulock has that big right handed cannon for a shot that we've been struggling to find.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
How stupid is Chia? We Buffalo fans carry a slim hope that we might trade with you guys before he is fired. Would he bet on a player like Bogosian? Could he overvalue another Reinhart? Give up RNH or Klefbom for cheap? Trade your first round pick even though you're just one point above us in the standings? What would he give up for a winger like Kane?

Also, I very much feel your pain but if Chiarelli hands another team something juicy like the Reinhart trade it should be us considering the 2015 draft lottery and the total disappointment Eichel is as a franchise player.

#tanklove #tankbros4ever

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
How stupid is Chia? We Buffalo fans carry a slim hope that we might trade with you guys before he is fired. Would he bet on a player like Bogosian? Could he overvalue another Reinhart? Give up RNH or Klefbom for cheap? Trade your first round pick even though you're just one point above us in the standings? What would he give up for a winger like Kane?

Also, I very much feel your pain but if Chiarelli hands another team something juicy like the Reinhart trade it should be us considering the 2015 draft lottery and the total disappointment Eichel is as a franchise player.

#tanklove #tankbros4ever

We will Gladly give you RNH and Kefblom we will Gladly take 15 million in expiring contracts from you

Reactions: HaNotsri

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Anyone but McDavid is tradeable.
If Chia moves RNH for mediocre prospects and magic beans I quickly being an Oilers fan full stop.

Trading 3 former first round picks and if ll he gets back is Larsson and trash I'm going to f***ing lose it.

TheBrew

Mar 9, 2003
Anyone but McDavid is tradeable.
If Chia moves RNH for mediocre prospects and magic beans I quickly being an Oilers fan full stop.

Trading 3 former first round picks and if ll he gets back is Larsson and trash I'm going to ****ing lose it.
Don't kid yourself, You'll be back.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Aren't you supposed to go into cap hell AFTER you've won a cup or 2? Oilers have to be the only team that I can recall that goes into cap hell nearly every year and finish near the bottom. Talk about getting crap value for your signings.
We were already in cap hell. We'd already paid our young forwards like Cup Champions, harming their value on the trade market. Chiarelli inherited a roster of bloated depth contracts belonging to barely NHLers and a system completely empty of prospects pushing for NHL time. Jujhar Khaira, Anton Slepyshev and Laurent Broissoit are the remnants of the OBC prospect cabinet. And they're teetering close to being castoffs themselves at year's end.

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I wasn't a big Pouliot fan, but buying him out this past summer was a stupid move. Too much money left on term, and the guy could at least still skate and could have provided some depth and been moved at the deadline.
Pouliot was untradeable at $4m.

GameChanger

Jun 29, 2016
If the Oilers lose tomorrow TM may very well be gone, which will affect the trading situation. If the Oilers stick with TM for this season it might make sense to trade Jesse as soon as possible. The more he's playing (sitting) under TM the more chance of a damage there is. E.g. the Rangers fans were pretty sold on him so maybe they or Columbus (Jarmo saw the Rangers game) have something interesting available?

North

Jun 25, 2009
Pouliot was untradeable at $4m.

And it was clear McLellan had no love for Pouliot. He was pretty much done here. He needed a fresh start.

I've become more and more convinced this team would be better off with a different coach.

McDaddy

ruh roh
Jan 22, 2017
Edmonton
On another note, I just helped Reid Wilkins (not knowing it was him until I put his number into the system) find a soundbar he liked and rang him through at work. Had a good chat about the Oil, and he thanked me for being a listener of the show. What a solid dude!

hjghkabsdkc

Nov 17, 2017
On another note, I just helped Reid Wilkins (not knowing it was him until I put his number into the system) find a soundbar he liked and rang him through at work. Had a good chat about the Oil, and he thanked me for being a listener of the show. What a solid dude!

I read one of Jay Onrait's books and he talked about being friends with Reid and how people basically thought he was too ugly for TV, which seemed really mean to say about one of your friends in a book.

McDaddy

ruh roh
Jan 22, 2017
Edmonton
I read one of Jay Onrait's books and he talked about being friends with Reid and how people basically thought he was too ugly for TV, which seemed really mean to say about one of your friends in a book.

That's mean as shit lol. He's a cool guy actually. It was a great experience.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
I'm assuming you mean Russell's pocket but point taken. Regardless of who that money went to, it went to addressing the defense that ultimately had to be addressed. We can argue on and on about the terms and conditions of the Russell deal but so far, he's held up his end of the bargain. It was a calculated risk when you consider his last season here was more or less a success. It was either that or the unknown, which was pretty unappealing this summer.

Nonsense. He lost his spot on the second pair and has been impressive in a bottom pairing role while making Top 4 money. And there wa snothing baout his play last season that justified that kind of overpay.

As for Strome, yes he's less of a producer than Jordan. Everyone expected that. But he's capable of producing between 50-60% of Eberle's annual production and he can do it playing third line center. And that is at half the cost.

Can he? That remains to be seen.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
If the Oilers lose tomorrow TM may very well be gone, which will affect the trading situation. If the Oilers stick with TM for this season it might make sense to trade Jesse as soon as possible. The more he's playing (sitting) under TM the more chance of a damage there is. E.g. the Rangers fans were pretty sold on him so maybe they or Columbus (Jarmo saw the Rangers game) have something interesting available?
Would probably be done with this franchise if they even have the thought of trading JP just because Mclellan remains coach. If the team doesn't like his progress under Mclellan send him down and than fire Tmac at the end of the year. I get the Hartley type of feeling with Tmac. Able to get the team to buy in for one year but is easily tuned out and has no long term effect on the players.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Would probably be done with this franchise if they even have the thought of trading JP just because Mclellan remains coach. If the team doesn't like his progress under Mclellan send him down and than fire Tmac at the end of the year. I get the Hartley type of feeling with Tmac. Able to get the team to buy in for one year but is easily tuned out and has no long term effect on the players.

I think McLellan is just not good at adjustments. We were told this many times by San Jose fans, this guy does not adjust when things go bad.

It happened to San Jose in the playoffs, weren't they up 3-0 or 3-1 at one point and lost or something to LA?

The league has adjusted to the Oilers (it's a 2 man team between 97 and 29), and now Todd doesn't have any answers. To be fair to him, his GM has crippled him a bit with a series of bad trades/signing/non-moves.

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Nonsense. He lost his spot on the second pair and has been impressive in a bottom pairing role while making Top 4 money. And there wa snothing baout his play last season that justified that kind of overpay.

He was a top four defenseman last season. He played similar matchups as the Klefbom-Larsson pairing and even exceeded them in the playoffs. That 'overpay' was a $900k raise. And considering how he has impressed in a lesser role without the compliment of Andrej Sekera and where we are located in the standings currently, we probably should be playing him in the top four. I'm baffled at McLellan's persistence in using Klefbom over Russell on the PK.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
He was a top four defenseman last season. He played similar matchups as the Klefbom-Larsson pairing and even exceeded them in the playoffs. That 'overpay' was a $900k raise. And considering how he has impressed in a lesser role without the compliment of Andrej Sekera and where we are located in the standings currently, we probably should be playing him in the top four. I'm baffled at McLellan's persistence in using Klefbom over Russell on the PK.
Especially cause the PK is what he is best at. He is best at being hemmed in and limiting chances. That's pretty much the pk

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario

The only reason he "lost his spot" on the second pairing is because Nurse has developed into the team's best defenseman and McLellan refuses to play Klefbom below the second pairing.

Let's not pretend there's four better defensemen on the current roster.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
He was a top four defenseman last season. He played similar matchups as the Klefbom-Larsson pairing and even exceeded them in the playoffs.

Correction: he played in the top 4 last season, but his results were always closer to the bottom end of that measure. He was paired with a superior players who kept them afloat despite Russell dragging down everyone he skated with.

That 'overpay' was a $900k raise.

No it was a $61.9 million dollar raise, PLUS an NMC/modified NTC.

And considering how he has impressed in a lesser role without the compliment of Andrej Sekera and where we are located in the standings currently, we probably should be playing him in the top four.

We be watching a different player. IMO, Russell is exactly where he needs to be.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
The only reason he "lost his spot" on the second pairing is because Nurse has developed into the team's best defenseman and McLellan refuses to play Klefbom below the second pairing.

Let's not pretend there's four better defensemen on the current roster.

There's at least three and one more coming back.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
There's at least three and one more coming back.

Benning(assuming that's the third) being better this season is arguable, IMO.

But, even still, he lost his spot because Nurse took a huge step forward. It's not he like got worse. He's actually having one of his best seasons ever, statistically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad