Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Garrioch didn't say that the Senators were looking to package Murray with 7th. What he said is this...

There’s been talk of packaging up Murray’s contract along with the pick but that doesn’t make sense unless it’s part of something that will bring the Senators a strong return.
That's just his weird way of saying that it isn't going to happen. He phrases things strangely sometimes.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
There is no scenario where packaging the 7th and Murray makes sense. It would be a brain dead move.

Particularly in light of Chabot and Tkachuk’s supposed demands to improve the team. The Sens need high end pieces. Murray’s contract doesn’t block that for the next two years.

A 7th overall pick on an ELC starting in 2023-2024 or 2024-2025 could be key to a window of opportunity.

Garrioch didn't say that the Senators were looking to package Murray with 7th. What he said is this...

That's just his weird way of saying that it isn't going to happen. He phrases things strangely sometimes.

Phrases things strangely or click bait?

Reactions: bert

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
This is the realistic move that I expect. Solid 2nd pair RD. It will likely cost one of JBD/Thomson/Brannstrom + a guy like Joseph or a forward prospect who is close + our 2nd.
Thomson, Sokolov/Jarventie, high 2nd would do it you think?

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
This is the realistic move that I expect. Solid 2nd pair RD. It will likely cost one of JBD/Thomson/Brannstrom + a guy like Joseph or a forward prospect who is close + our 2nd.
When was the last time we identified a solid top 4 d man in the NHL? I doubt Marino is even in our radar.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
When was the last time we identified a solid top 4 d man in the NHL? I doubt Marino is even in our radar.
Ottawa just hired the guy largely responsible for bringing him to Pittsburgh as AGM. You think he forgot about him?

Reactions: NB613

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Marino would be an ok addition just so I can make Dan Marino jokes. He is great defensively but he has 0 offensive upside, he was given every opportunity to produce offense and never did even with long stretches as PP1 QB when Letang was out. It's funny how much better the Sens D would be if they just kept Demelo.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
There’s just too much available. Like FA has a lot of decent wingers. We will get one of them
I do not expect the team to sign a younger quality UFA like Gaudreau, Forsberg or Copp. I also do not expect the team to sign older ones like Giroux, Kane, Kadri either because the b budget will likely not be increased enough to do so in addition to signing our own UFAs and RFAs.

Really? I've not read that anywhere. Seems like your typical IG account that tries to piece something together that was never actually said.
Could be the "parrot" effect.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Uh oh canucks listening on Tyler Myers. Thaaaaatttss f***ing scary.
If they are eating salary and giving him away I'd take a gamble on two years of Myers I would not give up assets and pay him 6m a year for 2 years.

I do not expect the team to sign a younger quality UFA like Gaudreau, Forsberg or Copp. I also do not expect the team to sign older ones like Giroux, Kane, Kadri either because the b budget will likely not be increased enough to do so in addition to signing our own UFAs and RFAs.

Ya but just close your eyes and picture how much fun it would be to watch us play with Kadri and Evander Kane added to our lineup. Dj would have to hire a team to constantly drain his never ending erection.

Reactions: Deku and Cosmix

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Marino would be an ok addition just so I can make Dan Marino jokes. He is great defensively but he has 0 offensive upside, he was given every opportunity to produce offense and never did even with long stretches as PP1 QB when Letang was out. It's funny how much better the Sens D would be if they just kept Demelo.
He could be a "Methot" for Chabot maybe?

Chabot - Marino
Sanderson - Zub

Brannstrom, Holden, Hamonic

Send Zaitzev far, far away.

Reactions: NB613

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
He could be a "Methot" for Chabot maybe?

Chabot - Marino
Sanderson - Zub

Brannstrom, Holden, Hamonic

Send Zaitzev far, far away.
Ya I am not opposed to it at all I am just saying we could simply end up with a 4.4m cap hit Demelo. He is only 25 and would definitely make our blueline better ESPECIALLY IF WE DITCH ELITE D MAN ZAITSEV

Reactions: NB613 and Loach

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Marino would be great but I don't see why Pittsburgh moves him unless they fall off a lot next season.
They don’t want to, they would rather move Petterson but no one is taking Petterson.

Copp is playing somewhere in the US, Forsberg is going to get paid in the mid 8s to stay in Nashville and Gaudreau is getting 8 figures a year long term. None are coming here.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Ya I am not opposed to it at all I am just saying we could simply end up with a 4.4m cap hit Demelo. He is only 25 and would definitely make our blueline better ESPECIALLY IF WE DITCH ELITE D MAN ZAITSEV
Marino is so much better than Demelo. The fact fans in Ottawa still think Demelo is a capable top 4 D just shows how horrific our D corps has been under Dorion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad