AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
New thread

Continued from here

Senovision

May 23, 2011
Is Connor Brown similar to Ryan Strome or is he better? Strome is a center. Brown is a winger.
Why not just pay Connor Brown $4.5 x4 years?
Anyways I can see Dorion trading Connor Brown for either a lateral move or a move that makes us worse. Hopefully we resign Brown.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Is Connor Brown similar to Ryan Strome or is he better? Strome is a center. Brown is a winger.
Why not just pay Connor Brown $4.5 x4 years?
Anyways I can see Dorion trading Connor Brown for either a lateral move or a move that makes us worse. Hopefully we resign Brown.
Considering his defensive aptitudes, Brown is way better than Strome. That guy is seriously under-appreciated.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
I don’t want either of them in the top 6 with Stutzle as the main complimentary etc player, and if it’s not to play with Stutzle then I’d far rather have Connor Brown on the RS 3rd line than Strome.

Reactions: Deku and Cosmix

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
I don’t want either of them in the top 6 with Stutzle as the main complimentary etc player, and if it’s not to play with Stutzle then I’d far rather have Connor Brown on the RS 3rd line than Strome.
I'd rather have Brown in the top 6 over Ryan Strome. If y'all think Brown has no finish wait till you see Strome pass the puck with a wide open net.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I'd rather have Brown in the top 6 over Ryan Strome. If y'all think Brown has no finish wait till you see Strome pass the puck with a wide open net.
If we are going to get Strome we might as well sign Brown imo. Brown offers so much more than Strome. Strome is another example of a marginal upgrade on what we have developing on the team now in Joseph and Formenton. Their games are on the upswing. A top 6 forward acquisition has to be clearly better and very likely to remain better for the next 3 years at least. I really don't want to hear Dorion try to sell the fan base on a questionable upgrade that may not be an upgrade for long.

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
Marino is my ideal defenseman target this offseason. If we could get him and keep Zub, our defense is actually set for five years. We can full pivot into solving our forwards and goaltending. I've advocated for getting one or two top six forwards this offseason, but if we walk out with Marino and nothing else I would still be pleased with the outcome.

We don't have to get the entire team in place this offseason.

Reactions: NB613 and Deku

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
Friedmans latest article kinda made it seem like we’re in on Anderson, or MTL is in on White

Sounds like there was a deal missed at the deadline that could be revisited

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Friedmans latest article kinda made it seem like we’re in on Anderson, or MTL is in on White

Sounds like there was a deal missed at the deadline that could be revisited
the quote ; Although both were mentioned .. they are not specifically linked in this 32 thoughts
The Canadiens wish to be more competitive, so they’re not going to strip it bare. I’d be very curious to see what it would take to get Anderson. Prior to the deadline, there were some conversations between the Senators and Canadiens on Colin White. We’ll see how things unfold, but it’s not impossible to see White beginning anew in Montreal. GM Kent Hughes was his agent.

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster
According to Brucie we're looking at packaging Murray with the 7th. That will be some solid savings, may not even have to retain any salary.
Screenshot_20220703-132932.png

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Tampa trades McDonagh to Nashville and opens up a ton of cap space. They'll even get a 600k credit when they buy out Myers.

JackieDaytona

regular human hockey fan.
Oct 21, 2007
Why diminish the value of a high 1rd pick with that anchor of a contract? That’s not going to land high end skill, that’s how you target mediocrity.

Reactions: Dionysus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad