Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
I feel like I’m on an island but I’m fine trading Pinto for someone like Marino. That’s a legit Top 4 D.

Pinto has played such little hockey since we drafted him. He has shown a lot of promise but it’s still hope and faith at this point.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
Lol. I personally wouldn't trade our top prospect for a defensive Dman with 0 offensive upside.

Feel like that’s one of the last things we really need before we take a step.

Is Pinto our best prospect? I guess so if you remove Sanderson. Grieg has got to be right there.

Sensators

Sep 15, 2009
We picked up del zotto so it seems there’s no problem with freaks on defence

Also:
In all honesty the more I think about it the more I think anyone picking up
Giroux will be underwhelmed. He’s a slow old player which is sort of the opposite of what this team needs. I don’t think he’s got much in the tank. He was ppg with the flyers but they’re terrible, it’s easy to put up points as the go-to guy on a bad team.

I say stick with the top 6 they have and go for an established top 4 defender. Add a top 6 guy at the deadline if it’s looking like playoffs are a possibility.
Nothing easy about putting up any points on that flyers team last year. Your opinion on giroux is fair though, he has historically feasted on the pp and idk how our pp lines will look.

I want giroux but I'm not expecting a ton of production from him if he signs. Too many unknowns.

Reactions: Sen sational

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Feel like that’s one of the last things we really need before we take a step.

Is Pinto our best prospect? I guess so if you remove Sanderson. Grieg has got to be right there.
Ya Sanderson is #1 my bad but Pinto is definitely ahead of Greig imo. Ya I totally wouldn't mind Marino I just wouldn't trade a top prospect for him. I'm not sure what is fair so I don't have a better offer.

Reactions: Mingus Dew

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I feel like I’m on an island but I’m fine trading Pinto for someone like Marino. That’s a legit Top 4 D.

Pinto has played such little hockey since we drafted him. He has shown a lot of promise but it’s still hope and faith at this point.
I don’t want to give up strength down the middle. We have literally never had that. We have it and I want to keep it

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013

I suggested it before but I would try Pinto for Schneider from NYR.

Reactions: Laphroaig

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

Don’t know when this Garrioch article is from.

23 1st and Formenton lassi and Zaitsev for chycrun.

Is what I’m pushing.

Reactions: Sweatred

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Reactions: Sweatred

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON

Marino does have term and isn’t owed much money the next couple years, also a right shot. Chychrun is the better player easily, but does have injury concerns.

Reactions: DrEasy

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

Marino does have term and isn’t owed much money the next couple years, also a right shot. Chychrun is the better player easily, but does have injury concerns.

Thing is I’m not sure how cheap Marino would come? The contract is nice and he’s a nice player. If a bidding war starts I can see that price moving up and judging by what the yotes were ready to give us chycrun for….looks like they’re out of buyers.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Thing is I’m not sure how cheap Marino would come? The contract is nice and he’s a nice player. If a bidding war starts I can see that price moving up and judging by what the yotes were ready to give us chycrun for….looks like they’re out of buyers.
Connor Brown then one of Lassi and JBD ahould be close.

TFridgen

Jun 19, 2014
Not sure how popular it would be, but would Dylan Strome be a decent pick-up if we miss out on Giroux? He already has chemistry with Debrincat and apparently they're somewhat close. Unfortunately he's pretty much non-existent defensively and I think you're going to need some of that on a line with Jimmy and Debrincat.
Either of the Stromes is two years ago Eug bullshit. We just got DeBrincat who is absolutely gonna rip shit up with Jimmy. If we're pickin up Stromes we're f***ed

Either of the Stromes is two years ago Eug bullshit. We just got DeBrincat who is absolutely gonna rip shit up with Jimmy. If we're pickin up Stromes we're f***ed
Connor Brown with a smart pinching RD is key on that line

Sorry for the self quote

Reactions: DrEasy

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Glad that we're going after Marino. Would be a solid D partner for Chabot or Sanderson.

Really don't want to trade Formenton though. Wonder if the team views him as a trade piece because Tkachuk and DeBrincat are ahead of him and Greig might be a year or so away.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Brown and Brannstrom should be the assets used as part of a package to acquire a top 4 d. Brown should have decent trade value and moving him creates an opening to try to sign someone like Giroux.

Brannstrom loses his roster spot if we acquire a top 4 d. If Brannstrom isn't part of that package then that likely means he isn't sufficiently valued by the other organization. If that is the case then JBD or Thomson should be considered instead as they are older D prospects and acquiring a mid age top 4 d impacts the kind of roster spot they might be able to eventually have. They are also closer to waiver eligibility and would be at risk of one of our other d prospects having a leap in development and potentially displacing them on the depth chart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad