Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Someone posted a prospects ranking the other day.. Can't find it now. I believe Brannstrom was 19th. Alex Newhook was 30th. Does anybody not trade Brannstrom for Newhook?

Whatever. You don't trade a potential top-4 D for a 3rd line C. He might not be a proven NHLer but if he does cement his place in the roster this season, that's tons more valuable to this team than yet another bottom-6 C.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Whatever. You don't trade a potential top-4 D for a 3rd line C. He might not be a proven NHLer but if he does cement his place in the roster this season, that's tons more valuable to this team than yet another bottom-6 C.
Show me where Newhook projects to be a bottom 6 player

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Someone posted a prospects ranking the other day.. Can't find it now. I believe Brannstrom was 19th. Alex Newhook was 30th. Does anybody not trade Brannstrom for Newhook?
Was probably Button's list from April. Most of these types of lists have Brannstrom already graduated on account of not being eligible for the Calder.

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
Eichel would be the perfect finishing piece for our team and it's maddening we're not going hard after him.

Is there risk involved? Absolutely, but if there wasn't an elite young #1 center would not be on the market, and it's provided the opportunity to buy-low on a player that would cost an insane amount otherwise.

We just cleared 5M by dumping Dadonov and I'm sure we could include White in the deal as a replacement center for Buffalo, which would cover Eichel's salary for the next 2YRs and only cost about 5M more than White in the 2 years following that, so money shouldn't be a major factor. Any center we add instead like Monahan, Strome, Dvorak or Henrique will cost around 4-6M too.

I'd offer something like:

Pinto (potential top 2 line center)
White (cap dump, maybe some value)
Goalie prospect (Gustavsson/Sogaard/Merilainen)
2022 1st (potential top 10 pick)
+ an additional B prospect/2nd round pick or two

Now it's hard to peg Eichel's value right now, but if the Vegas' ask was true (Smith, Krebs, Hague 1st) that's a better offer.

I’ve been thinking along the same lines:

White
Brannstrom
Pinto/Greig (they pick)
2022 1st
Conditional 2023 1st (either top ten protected or something like pick transfers if we make the conference finals otherwise it becomes a 2024 1st)

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Do you think he starts the yr in Ottawa given the money they are going to paid to those other defencemen when Brann is waiver exempt & could be sent back to Belleville?

Guaranteed he has a spot locked up after training camp. DJ will dress the players he feels give the team the best chance to win.

Chabot-Zaitsev
Brannstrom-Zub
Del Zotto/Mete- Holden/Brown

Reactions: JD1

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
agreed on both points, but it’s still an improvement over what we have now and there’s really not much else out there.

We might as well play poorly to finish lower in the standings to get a higher draft pick. Growing through the draft!

Reactions: BigRig4

NB613

Jul 26, 2013
Ottawa
Insane overpay for those stats.
Thinking more about it I think Dvorak would be the perfect guy to target.

Hes 25 and still improving. He has great size, speed and uses his body well. He's not a banger but not afraid to battle.

Hes also signed to a very reasonable 4 5 million x 4 which is right up the Sens wheelhouse for contracts.

Hed instantly become the best C in the organization

If we could do Tierney + Brannstrom + pick that would be solid. A first would be steep but a 2nd + id be good with

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
I'd offer something like:

Pinto (potential top 2 line center)
White (cap dump, maybe some value)
Goalie prospect (Gustavsson/Sogaard/Merilainen)
2022 1st (potential top 10 pick)
+ an additional B prospect/2nd round pick or two

Now it's hard to peg Eichel's value right now, but if the Vegas' ask was true (Smith, Krebs, Hague 1st) that's a better offer.

It's very hard to say that that's a better offer, because we have no idea how the Sabres value any of those players.

For all we know, Buffalo loves Krebs and Hague, and don't project Pinto or Brannstrom to be top-6/4 players.

Nic Hague, specifically, is incredibly intriguing. He's a 6'6, 230 lb defenseman, who can skate, and scored 17 points in 52 games, with a +14, as a 22 year old rookie. The guy put up a 35 goal, 78 point season in junior. AS A 6'6 DEFENSEMAN!

I could see how Kevyn Adams would think a defense with Dahlin, Power and Hague could be a fantastic building block. In their eyes, we may not have anyone as good, other than Sanderson.

Last edited:

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
I think that the teams that are kicking the tires on Eichel are hesitant on offering too much due to the neck injury and pending surgery. Conversely, I doubt that Buffalo is offering any discounts due to the injury. IMO, there’s no way Buffalo can get full value until it’s clear that Eichel has recovered.

Rachel’s doctor, Dr. Chad Prusmack, outlined two pathways available for Eichel on Jeff Marek and Elliotte Friedman's "31 Thoughts" podcast. The first, which is what the Sabres prefer, is an anterior cervical discectomy and fusion (ACDF) surgery. The procedure Prusmack recommends for the Sabres captain is an artificial disc replacement surgery. In both procedures, the injured disc is removed through the front of the throat. However, in a fusion surgery, a surgeon will insert a graft, and the bones will fuse over time. In a replacement surgery, meanwhile, the disc is swapped out for an artificial one. Prusmack likens the replacement procedure to getting an artificial knee or hip.

I don’t see a trade happening anytime soon.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Insane overpay for those stats.

I mean he played on a really bad Arizona team.

Also he had only 5 less points than Brady.

Yes there is an age gap of a couple years between the two but Dvorak is still improving

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Retaining really helps the Rangers, Boston, and potentially the Knights.

Knights are especially interesting because it opens them up to a much more futures oriented package,

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Retaining really helps the Rangers, Boston, and potentially the Knights.

Knights are especially interesting because it opens them up to a much more futures oriented package,
i mean it should help ottawa immensely but of course the ask would be high

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
This is my final offer for Eichel :

1st round pick in 2022 (unprotected)
Erik Brannstrom
Filip Gustavsson
Roby Jarventie
Logan Brown
2nd round pick in 2022

Wings' blue chippers, Caufield headline Top 75 prospects list - TSN.ca

I would've taken him over MDZ.

I thought he was still under contract with NJ... It's a no brainer! But maybe he wanted too much/too long, or just didn't want to come in Ottawa

Last edited:
Reactions: Sens of Anarchy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad