Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
he isnt a 2C

we wont come close to the playoffs with Henrique as our 2nd

agreed on both points, but it’s still an improvement over what we have now and there’s really not much else out there.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Stockpile assets for when a legit #1 guy (or a top pairing RD) comes on the market, don't waste any of them on guys like Monahan, Henrique, Strome or Dvorak.

Eichel is the only center on the market worth going after right now. Kuznetsov too but I can understand if there's some hesitancy there given his off-ice habits.

I'd be fine with a swap of Brannstrom for a young RW that fits into our long-term plans. Someone like Vilardi or Thomas would be ideal.

I’m all for Brannstrom for Vilardi or Thomas.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
A 3rd line C for a top-4 D. No thanks.

Brann could be a top 4 Dman but that still remains to be seen. I don't think as highly as others regarding Brann so maybe it's just me.

Besides.. You need to pay to acquire players like Dvorak on a long term deal that makes a lot of sense. I also think Dvorak has room to grow still and has been getting better and better each year taking on a more important role. I think it's a solid bet but again I understand how you'd rather keep Brannstrom. It doesn't make sense to say Brann is a top 4 guy though and then turn around and say that Dvorak is a 3C.

If Pageau returned a 1rst, 2nd and 3rd then a younger version of him (with more offensive tools) with a better contract should be worth a lot. He fits right into this teams playing style and he'd be a fit on our 2nd line.

If we could acquire him without giving up Brann then I would definitely do it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crosside

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Thinking more about it I think Dvorak would be the perfect guy to target.

Hes 25 and still improving. He has great size, speed and uses his body well. He's not a banger but not afraid to battle.

Hes also signed to a very reasonable 4 5 million x 4 which is right up the Sens wheelhouse for contracts.

Hed instantly become the best C in the organization

If we could do Tierney + Brannstrom + pick that would be solid. A first would be steep but a 2nd + id be good with

Good lord Dvorak is a 3rd line center with some 2C upside but at 25 I think he is what he is, a 40pts guy who can play in all situations.

How the hell is that worth anything above a 2nd and an OK prospect?

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Brannstrom is not a top 4 D on this team, given they traded for MDZ he will probably play on that 2nd pairing LD spot, but once Sanderson arrives I expect he will eventually play there. Brannstrom is waiver exempt & it makes the most sense to send him back to Belleville to continue to develop there. Mete may or may not re-sign as the 7th D & JBD could & likely will start the yr in Belleville.

Holden & J. Brown probably start the yr in Ottawa until the trade deadline whereby one or both could get traded. And they won't be moving Brannstrom to the right side since they have Zaitsev & Zub playing in those two top pairing RD spots. Otherwise what would have been the purpose of signing these guys & paying them as much ($4.9 mil for MDA, JB & NH) if the idea was that they wouldn't play & a small young rookie would play over them. It makes no sense when they can have Brannstrom in Belleville & call him up if & when they need him.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Eichel would be the perfect finishing piece for our team and it's maddening we're not going hard after him.

Is there risk involved? Absolutely, but if there wasn't an elite young #1 center would not be on the market, and it's provided the opportunity to buy-low on a player that would cost an insane amount otherwise.

We just cleared 5M by dumping Dadonov and I'm sure we could include White in the deal as a replacement center for Buffalo, which would cover Eichel's salary for the next 2YRs and only cost about 5M more than White in the 2 years following that, so money shouldn't be a major factor. Any center we add instead like Monahan, Strome, Dvorak or Henrique will cost around 4-6M too.

I'd offer something like:

Pinto (potential top 2 line center)
White (cap dump, maybe some value)
Goalie prospect (Gustavsson/Sogaard/Merilainen)
2022 1st (potential top 10 pick)
+ an additional B prospect/2nd round pick or two

Now it's hard to peg Eichel's value right now, but if the Vegas' ask was true (Smith, Krebs, Hague 1st) that's a better offer.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Eichel would be the perfect finishing piece for our team and it's maddening we're not going hard after him.

Is there risk involved? Absolutely, but if there wasn't an elite young #1 center would not be on the market, and it's provided the opportunity to buy-low on a player that would cost an insane amount otherwise.

We just cleared 5M by dumping Dadonov and I'm sure we could include White in the deal as a replacement center for Buffalo, which would cover Eichel's salary for the next 2YRs and only cost about 5M more than White in the 2 years following that, so money shouldn't be a major factor. Any center we add instead like Monahan, Strome, Dvorak or Henrique will cost around 4-6M too.

I'd offer something like:

Now it's hard to peg Eichel's value right now, but if the Vegas' ask was true (Smith, Krebs, Hague 1st) that's a better offer.
You say it’s maddening we’re not going hard after him but then in your proposal it’s clear you’re hesitant to go hard after him?

Reactions: bert

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Brannstrom is not a top 4 D on this team, given they traded for MDZ he will probably play on that 2nd pairing LD spot, but once Sanderson arrives I expect he will eventually play there. Brannstrom is waiver exempt & it makes the most sense to send him back to Belleville to continue to develop there. Mete may or may not re-sign as the 7th D & JBD could & likely will start the yr in Belleville.

Holden & J. Brown probably start the yr in Ottawa until the trade deadline whereby one or both could get traded. And they won't be moving Brannstrom to the right side since they have Zaitsev & Zub playing in those two top pairing RD spots. Otherwise what would have been the purpose of signing these guys & paying them as much ($4.9 mil for MDA, JB & NH) if the idea was that they wouldn't play & a small young rookie would play over them. It makes no sense when they can have Brannstrom in Belleville & call him up if & when they need him.

Brannstrom proved last season that he is more than NHL ready. He looked great in the 30 games he played.

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Good lord Dvorak is a 3rd line center with some 2C upside but at 25 I think he is what he is, a 40pts guy who can play in all situations.

How the hell is that worth anything above a 2nd and an OK prospect?

The same way Pageau was worth a 1rst, 2nd and 3rd.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
You say it’s maddening we’re not going hard after him but then in your proposal it’s clear you’re hesitant to go hard after him?

It's a better offer than the rumoured other offers out there.

Vitali Kravtsov, Zac Jones, Alexandar Georgiev and a 1st (likely mid-late) was apparently the Rangers last offer, and Drury doesn't want to give up Schneider or Lundkvist.

Vegas isn't willing to give up Krebs apparently, and I consider Pinto a similar prospect with similar potential (likely 2nd line guy).

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
The same way Pageau was worth a 1rst, 2nd and 3rd.

Pageau has 2 playoff hat tricks, is a proven playoff performer, shuts down the other team’s best forwards and is able to play up and down the lineup with ease.

Dvorak has played 9 NHL playoff games and is not even close to having Pageau’s pedigree.

I see your point talent wise, but the comparison is pretty off imo

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Pageau has 2 playoff hat tricks, is a proven playoff performer, shuts down the other team’s best forwards and is able to play up and down the lineup with ease.

Dvorak has played 9 NHL playoff games and is not even close to having Pageau’s pedigree.

Pretty tough to judge Dvorak on playoff games who plays on an Arizona team who's been one of the worst franchise of the last decade.

And that's exatly what Dvorak is doing right now, matching up against other teams best players every night at 25. He can play up and down the lineup with ease.

As you say talent wise and impact on a game theyre similar and Dvorak is ahead at the same age.

Dvorak at his age and what he's doing is 100% worth what Pageau is worth. Sure Pageau has the playoff hat trick but Dvorak is making less and is younger and has more offense to his game.

He's way more valuable than people here realize. A 2nd and a ok prospect?! Yea that's not realistic. If we had him on our team we'd ask for more.

Last edited:

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006

Based on what I've read and seen, I don't think you're far off. I think they'd want an RHD defensive prospect based on Buffalo's needs. To me the major sticking point for the Sens in an Eichel trade would be:

1. Buffalo probably doesn't value White as a young center the way they do, say, Tuch. They'd want Norris and Ottawa would balk. Ottawa can't make the dollars work otherwise. If White was a bit better this would be more interesting.
2. Ottawa would want to be adding 2022 top-3 protection to their first, which I don't think Buffalo would be keen on.
3. Buffalo would push for Gustavsson (they need someone NHL ready) but Dorion would be gun shy on such a deal because he also just lost Daccord and then we start getting thin on depth.

Ottawa could put together a hell of a supporting package, we have a lot of depth in the supporting assets Buffalo would want, , but moving out Pinto and a 1st would hurt too much and White and Brown aren't really good enough to be part of the packge.

Who knows, maybe they could do it if Buffalo was getting lowballed and Ottawa was able to get it done for "1st + Brown + White + Sogaard + Thomson" or something.

Reactions: Cosmix

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
If the Ducks wanted to move Henrique at 50% would they not have been able to move him to a lot of teams while they were filling their rosters

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Brannstrom proved last season that he is more than NHL ready. He looked great in the 30 games he played.
Do you think he starts the yr in Ottawa given the money they are going to paid to those other defencemen when Brann is waiver exempt & could be sent back to Belleville?

Reactions: Cosmix

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
If the Ducks wanted to move Henrique at 50% would they not have been able to move him to a lot of teams while they were filling their rosters
At 2.95M, Henrique would draw a lot of attention. People are kidding themselves otherwise.

He passed waivers last season, but that was because everyone was broke and his contract was 6M.

A 3M forward who can produce like Henrique is easily worth a 2nd or more.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Someone posted a prospects ranking the other day.. Can't find it now. I believe Brannstrom was 19th. Alex Newhook was 30th. Does anybody not trade Brannstrom for Newhook?

Reactions: aragorn

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
He didn’t look “great” in his 30 games but he was better than the year before and showed more flashes of his potential this time. Consistency was definitely an issue. Is that fair SOA?
I think he played fine. He has more development to do defensively and moving pucks on his backhand .. but I would not say "more than NHL ready" .. he is on the cusp of being able to hold down a regular spot every night.

"

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

Also, just because the Isles overpaid for Pageau doesn't mean we should overpay for a similar player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad