This is my final offer for Eichel :

1st round pick in 2022 (unprotected)
Erik Brannstrom
Filip Gustavsson
Roby Jarventie
Logan Brown
2nd round pick in 2022

Wings' blue chippers, Caufield headline Top 75 prospects list - TSN.ca

I thought he was still under contract with NJ... It's a no brainer! But maybe he wanted too much/too long, or just didn't want to come in Ottawa

Giving up Gus or Soogard is a no deal for me. They are future of this team, like this season if Murray falters.

TkachukNorrisFacts

Makes Onions Cry
Jun 18, 2021
The Panthers just signed Montour giving them 4 RD with Ekblad, Weegar and Gudas, and only Forsling and Nutivaara for their LD.

Brannstrom for Weegar

Who adds and what, and who says no?

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
The Panthers just signed Montour giving them 4 RD with Ekblad, Weegar and Gudas, and only Forsling and Nutivaara for their LD.

Brannstrom for Weegar

Weegar plays on the left for them.

He's also the last guy they'll be looking to trade IMO other than Ekblad. Their defense seems to be set.

Weegar - Ekblad
Nuutivaara - Montour
Forsling - Gudas

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Do you think he starts the yr in Ottawa given the money they are going to paid to those other defencemen when Brann is waiver exempt & could be sent back to Belleville?
Yes, Brannstrom will start in Ottawa imo. Mdz and holden aren't here to take ice time from Brannstrom

Emerica

May 29, 2010

Brannstrom for Weegar

Weegar is coming a career year, finished top-10 in votes for the Norris trophy, on a cheap contract for the next 2 seasons, Florida trying to contend. Florida won't be trading him and we would easily have to be the ones adding. Makes little sense.

Reactions: NyQuil

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
I was scrolling through capfriendly’s armchair GM list and I came across a Sharks fans rebuild concept. It had a trade with Ottawa.

Nikita Zaitsev for Erik Karlsson (50% retained) and Thomas Hertl.

What a difference two years makes. Can’t make that crap up. There’s genius, then there’s Pierre Dorion.

Reactions: Beville

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I think that the teams that are kicking the tires on Eichel are hesitant on offering too much due to the neck injury and pending surgery. Conversely, I doubt that Buffalo is offering any discounts due to the injury. IMO, there’s no way Buffalo can get full value until it’s clear that Eichel has recovered.

Rachel’s doctor, Dr. Chad Prusmack, outlined two pathways available for Eichel on Jeff Marek and Elliotte Friedman's "31 Thoughts" podcast. The first, which is what the Sabres prefer, is an anterior cervical discectomy and fusion (ACDF) surgery. The procedure Prusmack recommends for the Sabres captain is an artificial disc replacement surgery. In both procedures, the injured disc is removed through the front of the throat. However, in a fusion surgery, a surgeon will insert a graft, and the bones will fuse over time. In a replacement surgery, meanwhile, the disc is swapped out for an artificial one. Prusmack likens the replacement procedure to getting an artificial knee or hip.

I don’t see a trade happening anytime soon.

In all honesty, it really does sound like he's going to have a hard time to play anything longer than a few more years (maybe 5?) with either surgery. At the speed these guys skate nowadays, any high speed collision will cause so much stress on the neck....you have to wonder if it's worth it.

Reactions: aragorn and Cosmix

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
If Dorion strikes out on centers, but we still need an experienced forward, how do you guys feel about Tatar as a 1-2 year stop-gap:

1. Amazing possession numbers earlier in his career in Detroit and later in Montreal, complete fall-off year in Vegas/Detroit year.
2. Great 5v5 scoring across multiple teams. Supported by great turnover/takeaway numbers across his whole career
3. Fairly effective PP guy and very consistent shooter.

I think he's easily worth 3M-4M on a two year contract.

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
If Dorion strikes out on centers, but we still need an experienced forward, how do you guys feel about Tatar as a 1-2 year stop-gap:

1. Amazing possession numbers earlier in his career in Detroit and later in Montreal, complete fall-off year in Vegas/Detroit year.
2. Great 5v5 scoring across multiple teams. Supported by great turnover/takeaway numbers across his whole career

Always been a fan of Tatar.

I’d be open to it.

Reactions: bacon25

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016

Isn't he a soft perimeter player who struggles to win puck battles? Wasn't he also a healthy scratch in the playoffs for Montreal this year and Vegas before that?

He doesn't seem like the kind of player the Sens would be interested in and he doesn't fit the team and organizational identity.

Reactions: aragorn

bacon25

Unenthusiastic User
Nov 29, 2010
Group Study Room F
Always been a fan of Tatar.

I’d be open to it.

Yeah Tatar seems like the best kind of risk that the Sens should take.

Jack Eichel

Given the assets to acquire him and the health risks ... a big no thank you

I think my biggest worry with Eichel is the fact that he doesn't want to play in Ottawa, if he doesn't like difficult owners than is he really going to like Ottawa's. If we were, then I would say go for it.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019

Brannstrom for Weegar

Doubt if Florida would move Weegar, and definitely not for Brannstrom.

Even though this trade scenario is very hypothetical and unlikely, it would require a big add from Ottawa.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
I was scrolling through capfriendly’s armchair GM list and I came across a Sharks fans rebuild concept. It had a trade with Ottawa.

Nikita Zaitsev for Erik Karlsson (50% retained) and Thomas Hertl.

What a difference two years makes. Can’t make that crap up. There’s genius, then there’s Pierre Dorion.

I do that trade everyday. If there is one player in the league with something to prove, it is Karlsson.

I doubt he will ever be worth 11.5 million, but if he can find his game and play like an 8 million dollar d-man, I think Sharks fans should be happy with that.

Reactions: Cosmix

TkachukNorrisFacts

Makes Onions Cry
Jun 18, 2021
Weegar is coming a career year, finished top-10 in votes for the Norris trophy, on a cheap contract for the next 2 seasons, Florida trying to contend. Florida won't be trading him and we would easily have to be the ones adding. Makes little sense.
The Panthers also gave up Marchessault, R. Smith and Hoffman amongst others for nothing, all after or shortly after having career seasons with the Panthers. They also have 4 right shot d and 2 left shot d. Not much they do makes much sense to me.

Also, I was unaware that Weegar plays LD, which is unusual as he's a right shot.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Giving up Gus or Soogard is a no deal for me. They are future of this team, like this season if Murray falters.

If the 2022 first is unprotected then I agree. If protected, we might have to give up one of the two goaltenders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->