Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
if we were half decent i would have absolutely no issue pulling that.. but weere not, we will be terribel again. evem with barzal on this team i dont think we pull out of bottom 5

I don't know... at some point we'll need to have some faith that we wont be "terrible" forever

Stuetzle-Barzal-Dadonov
Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
Galchenyuk-White-C. Brown
Paul-Tierney-Watson
Anisimov-Chlapik-Balcers
Formenton-L. Brown-Abramov (Belleville 1st line?)

Chabot-Zub
Brannstrom-Zaitsev
Wolanin-Gudbranson
Reilly-J. Brown
Lajoie-Jaros (Belleville 1st pairing?)

Murray-Hogberg
Daccord-Gustvasson (Belleville duo)

Depth is starting to look ridiculous. Top-end talent is starting to look pretty good too with Barzal, Stuetzle, Tkachuk, Dadonov, Chabot, Brannstrom, Murray. And then there's Galchenyuk (former 3rd OA), Batherson, Norris, L. Brown, etc

RD is a major weakness though.

And then there's also some pretty good prospects still on their way (Sanderson, JBD, Pinto, Jarventie, Greig, Sogaard...)

If we acquire Barzal for just picks, the roster is starting to look pretty good.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I think we will be a pretty dangerous team in 21/22. The pieces are definitely coming together. So much hinges on two of Norris Brown and Stuetzle being effective point producing centres. Ideally Brown takes a huge jump this year, Norris shows he is NHL ready which allows us to have the second best left side in the league moving forward with Brady, Stuetzle and Formenton.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Do you think the Sens should offer sheet Matthew Barzal to a 7 year deal worth $8.7 million annually? Our compensation cost would be:
1 First Round Pick
1 Second Round Pick
1 Third Round Pick

I think its worth rolling the dice to see if the NYI are in position to match the offer.

If you are correct on the compensation I'd do that in a heart beat easily

Adding a high end 1C that fits in our core age without giving up any of our existing prospects... that's a huge yes

Reactions: Beville

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
If you are correct on the compensation I'd do that in a heart beat easily

Adding a high end 1C that fits in our core age without giving up any of our existing prospects... that's a huge yes
That's not the compensation, it would be 4 1st round picks

Ehf1JcZXsAAfB3G.jpg

Reactions: aragorn

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Ok, so what am I missing here....if the aav is 8.7, i think the OP listed the compensation correctly
The AAV of an offer sheet is calculated at a 5 year term, unless it is an offer of less than 5 years.

60.9/5 = 12.18 aav = 4 1st's

The note at the bottom clarifies this

Reactions: NB613

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
The AAV of an offer sheet is calculated at a 5 year term, unless it is an offer of less than 5 years.

Yep, that mote sure does clarify it....i just read the table

Thanks for that

I think four 1sts is too steep. That said, we're probably in a better position than any team to do that which should make it clear why there are so few of them

cj19

Jul 21, 2016

Thanks for the clarification regarding the compensation. (4 1st rd picks) All draft picks are not created equally I may have given up for four 1st rd picks if I was the Avalanche because their 1st rd picks will likely be picks 25 or higher. The Sens picks will still likely be top 10 for a few more years ...so not worth giving up their four 1st rd picks. Thanks again!

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I don't know... at some point we'll need to have some faith that we wont be "terrible" forever

Stuetzle-Barzal-Dadonov
Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
Paul-Tierney-Watson
Anisimov-Chlapik-Balcers

Chabot-Zub
Brannstrom-Zaitsev
Wolanin-Gudbranson
Reilly-J. Brown

Murray-Hogberg

Depth is starting to look ridiculous. Top-end talent is starting to look pretty good too with Barzal, Stuetzle, Tkachuk, Dadonov, Chabot, Brannstrom, Murray. And then there's Galchenyuk (former 3rd OA), Batherson, Norris, L. Brown, etc

And then there's also some pretty good prospects still on their way (Sanderson, JBD, Pinto, Jarventie, Greig, Sogaard...)

If we acquire Barzal for just picks, the roster is starting to look pretty good.
I mean if a lot of those players hit their ceiling yeah amazing. If you could guarantee me that. Then I would offer sheet barzal with this years first on the table

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

Stuetzle-Barzal-Dadonov
Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
Paul-Tierney-Watson
Anisimov-Chlapik-Balcers

Chabot-Zub
Brannstrom-Zaitsev
Wolanin-Gudbranson
Reilly-J. Brown

Murray-Hogberg

Quoting my own post to add average 82 games paces for each player based on the average of the last 3 seasons. For White, Tkachuk and Josh Brown it's based on the last 2 seasons. Last season only for Paul. I'm doing AHL career paces for prospects and unproven guys (in red). Zub played in the KHL but I only took his last season 82 games pace as his game evolved offensively (and that's the reason he became coveted by NHL teams). A bit of the same story for Stuetzle, took his only pro season in the DEL (as a 17 y/o)

I also re-ordered the lines to show more of a depht chart and leave unproven young guys lower in the line-up

Tkachuk (51) - Barzal (73) - Dadonov (66)
Galchenyuk (45) - Tierney (44) - C. Brown (35)
Anisimov (36) - White (40) - Watson (24)
Paul (29) -
Chlapik (49) - Balcers (66)
Stuetzle (68) - Norris (89) - Batherson (92)
Formenton (69) - L. Brown (71) - Abramov (49)

Chabot (48) - Zaitsev (16)
Reilly (23) - Gudbranson (11)

Wolanin (54) - J. Brown (9)
Brannstrom (59) - Zub (32)

Lajoie (25) - Jaros (32)

Murray -
Hogberg
Daccord - Gustvasson

Offense from the RD looks like a real problem

Conclusion : IMO we're 1 Barzal away (and some experience from the young guys) from being quite competitive, unless ALL the young guys (in red) fail but I really doubt it.

Also, aren't those AHL career PPGs kind of sexy?

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I mean if a lot of those players hit their ceiling yeah amazing. If you could guarantee me that. Then I would offer sheet barzal with this years first on the table

Check the post after yours, I actually quoted myself to reflect offense ability. For the purpose of this discussion, let's say that Barzal agrees to a 8.7 M$ AAV and that NYI wouldn't match (totally unlikely)

The thing is we really don't need ALL the young guys to "hit their ceiling", we have so many quality/high end prospects that we can afford several to bust entirely (also unlikely). Example, if Logan Brown and Lassi Thomson completely bust, it doesn't change much (although offense from the RD seems like a real problem, which is why I would like to see Brannstrom groomed as a RD. We have Chabot, Sanderson, Wolanin, etc on the LD for C's S)

I'm not saying that would happen during the 1st game of the season but this is what I would expect to see in the near future based on the young guys (among those who are NHL ready or very close) I have the most faith in

Stuetzle (68) - Barzal (73) - Dadonov (66)
Tkachuk (51) - Norris (89) - Batherson (92)
Formenton (69) - White (40) - C. Brown (35)
Paul (29) - Chlapik (49) - Watson (24)

Galchenyuk (45) - Tierney (44) - Anisimov (36)

Chabot (48) - Zub (32)

Brannstrom (59) -
Zaitsev (16)

Murray - Hogberg

Still in Belleville :

Balcers (66) - L. Brown (71) - Abramov (49)
Lajoie (25) - Jaros (32)
Daccord - Gustvasson

Heck, I don't see a spot for Tierney, Galchenyuk, Anisimov and Gudbranson going forward (traded at the deadline?). 3 of them have an expiring contract

I'm pretty sure Stuetzle, Norris, Batherson, Formenton and Brannstrom (even Wolanin if injury didn't set him back) will be at least quality NHL players. Aren't you?

To me, it's at least 100 times more likely than Barzal signing on a 8.7 AAV AND NYI not matching the offer sheet. I know I see reality "differently"

Last edited:

ijif

Dec 20, 2018
Quoting my own post to add average 82 games paces for each player based on the average of the last 3 seasons. For White, Tkachuk and Josh Brown it's based on the last 2 seasons. Last season only for Paul. I'm doing AHL career paces for prospects and unproven guys (in red). Zub played in the KHL but I only took his last season 82 games pace as his game evolved offensively (and that's the reason he became coveted by NHL teams). A bit of the same story for Stuetzle, took his only pro season in the DEL (as a 17 y/o)

I also re-ordered the lines to show more of a depht chart and leave unproven young guys lower in the line-up

Tkachuk (51) - Barzal (73) - Dadonov (66)
Galchenyuk (45) - Tierney (44) - C. Brown (35)
Anisimov (36) - White (40) - Watson (24)
Paul (29) -
Chlapik (49) - Balcers (66)
Stuetzle (68) - Norris (89) - Batherson (92)
Formenton (69) - L. Brown (71) - Abramov (49)

Chabot (48) - Zaitsev (16)

Brannstrom (59) - Zub (32)

Lajoie (25) - Jaros (32)

Murray -
Hogberg
Daccord - Gustvasson

Offense from the RD looks like a real problem

Conclusion : IMO we're 1 Barzal away (and some experience from the young guys) from being quite competitive, unless ALL the young guys (in red) fail but I really doubt it.

Also, aren't those AHL career PPGs kind of sexy?

What do you mean by quite competitive?

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Even though it's pretty much impossible Barzal signs an offer sheet with us I wouldn't do it.

4 first is too steep and we'll need those first rounders going forward to replace the players that we have right now that'll look to get paid in the future. Especially this year and the one after, I'd expect both of these picks to be in the top 15.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
What do you mean by quite competitive?

Maybe have a real chance to make the playoffs.

I mean, we were competitive in many games last season and that line-up is much much better. Barzal, Dadonov and Murray are 3 big adds. My respects to Pageau, Duclair and Anderson but yeah.

If/when some of Stuetzle, Norris, Batherson, Formenton and Brannstrom start being good, we'll be in good shape

Also, expect Tkachuk to continue his progress, Chabot to be even better playing with more talent and White rebound from a poor sophomore season (with more talent and if healthy). Hard to say for Wolanin as he hasn't played much in a while, but if his injury didn't set him back, he can be a nice contributor. The way he plays is taylor made for today's NHL, constantly trying to create something, always pushing the pace, nice wheels, nice vision, nice shot, good playmaking

Even though it's pretty much impossible Barzal signs an offer sheet with us I wouldn't do it.

4 first is too steep and we'll need those first rounders going forward to replace the players that we have right now that'll look to get paid in the future. Especially this year and the one after, I'd expect both of these picks to be in the top 15.

4 firsts is when it's more than 10.9 AAV

Initial poster asked if the offer sheet was 8.7 AAV which is 1st + 2nd + 3rd

Either way won't happen, and not only because the Sens won't do it.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018

An offer sheet for Barzal would have to be in the 10M x 5 to be plausible. 2 1sts + 2nd + 3rd. NYI would still likely match and Lou would put a hit out on the GM that offered it.

Reactions: Smeddy and bert

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
4 first is a lot for Barzal. I don’t think it’s worth it
4 late firsts and its an easy decision, 4 firsts in the 10 to 20 range its an easy decision 4 firsts in the top 10 or even 2 then its gets really dicey.
An offer sheet for Barzal would have to be in the 10M x 5 to be plausible. 2 1sts + 2nd + 3rd. NYI would still likely match and Lou would put a hit out on the GM that offered it.
Exactly given the sens financial situation and all the young talent making enemies with offers sheets is a terrible move for a broke franchise.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Maybe have a real chance to make the playoffs.

I mean, we were competitive in many games last season and that line-up is much much better. Barzal, Dadonov and Murray are 3 big adds. My respects to Pageau, Duclair and Anderson but yeah.

If/when some of Stuetzle, Norris, Batherson, Formenton and Brannstrom start being good, we'll be in good shape

Also, expect Tkachuk to continue his progress, Chabot to be even better playing with more talent and White rebound from a poor sophomore season (with more talent and if healthy). Hard to say for Wolanin as he hasn't played much in a while, but if his injury didn't set him back, he can be a nice contributor. The way he plays is taylor made for today's NHL, constantly trying to create something, always pushing the pace, nice wheels, nice vision, nice shot, good playmaking

4 firsts is when it's more than 10.9 AAV

Initial poster asked if the offer sheet was 8.7 AAV which is 1st + 2nd + 3rd

Either way won't happen, and not only because the Sens won't do it.
No, the 8.7 x 7 the poster brought up is four 1st's

Reactions: Boud

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I think Ottawa should be able to put together a significant package from a number of prospects who may not be in their future plans like Thomson or Brannstrom, Abramov, Balcers, Davidsson, Gustavsson, Tierny, Chlapik & maybe White & C. Brown in future. Hopefully this package could improve their bottom six or right side D. I wonder if Edm needs any of these guys for Evan Bouchard?

To Edm: Brannstrom LD/RD, Gustavsson G & C. Brown
To Ott: Evan Bouchard RD

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
I think Ottawa should be able to put together a significant package from a number of prospects who may not be in their future plans like Thomson or Brannstrom, Abramov, Balcers, Davidsson, Gustavsson, Tierny, Chlapik & maybe White & C. Brown in future. Hopefully this package could improve their bottom six or right side D. I wonder if Edm needs any of these guys for Evan Bouchard?

We're getting ripped off there.

Heck, Brannstrom alone is worth Bouchard give or take.

Reactions: Xspyrit and GCK

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown

Terrible. Bouchard is vastly overrated.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005

Well Aragorn, Brannstrom is not in your future plans but I'm thinking he seems to be in the team's future plans

Reactions: NB613

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010

This is awful. Brannstrom will be a much better player than Bouchard will ever be.

Reactions: bert and NB613
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad