Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Had you just picked up Tyson Jost on waivers, you wouldn’t need another center.

Dude has more points than our entire bottom 6. Same with Tolvenen.

God our pro scouting sucks.

Tkachuk-Stutzle-Giroux
Debrincat-Pinto-Batherson
Tolvenen-Jost-Joseph
Crrokshank-Greig-Gauthier

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009

Tkachuk-Stutzle-Giroux
Tolvenen-Jost-Joseph
I was hoping we’d get jost.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Tkachuk-Stutzle-Giroux
Tolvenen-Jost-Joseph
Crookshank....

No futures should be traded right now unless it's for a long term solution.

I've no interest in trading a first rounder only to get bent over by Boston. We might score 2 ES goals in that series.
Thank you.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
No futures should be traded right now unless it's for a long term solution.

I've no interest in trading a first rounder only to get bent over by Boston. We might score 2 ES goals in that series.

1677216192178.gif

Reactions: Dionysus

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison

Touché.

Outside our terrible start (first 19 games or something) we have the 9th/10th best winning percentage in the league - while maintaining a miserable 5on5 performance metrically.

EK solves the 5on5 problem, and presumably is a boost to our lethal PP. Add a depth forward or maybe two and I think we could do some damage.

This exact roster aged two seasons and the opponent is literally pooping their pants. The kids are alright. Believe.

Last edited:
Reactions: NB613

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
But would you trade Pinto over Grieg?

It feels so dirty and gross having to choose between the two of them. They are both so perfect on this roster.....

But if I had to pick one to trade, it would probably be Pinto. I just think Greig has a little bit more wow and jam to his game.

Having said that Pinto has the higher floor, just a lower ceiling than Greig imo. And he's ready now, he can be that 3rd line C we need today/next season when Norris is back. Whereas Greig may take another full season to fully grown into the role at the NHL level (like Pinto is doing this year).

I value both of them higher than our 1st pick this year, not by much but nonetheless if they were being traded in any deal deal, then the 1st would have to become next year's 1st.

You don't get a high 1st rounder in a deep draft AND one of Greig/Pinto and some throw-ins for any of the Dmen being talked about. That's too much value, and that should be a mid to late 1st if we're giving up a near surefire NHLer with great upside in addition to that.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015

Tkachuk-Stutzle-Giroux
Tolvenen-Jost-Joseph

jeez thats a lil depressing.

Reactions: NB613

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
It feels so dirty and gross having to choose between the two of them. They are both so perfect on this roster.....

But if I had to pick one to trade, it would probably be Pinto. I just think Greig has a little bit more wow and jam to his game.

Having said that Pinto has the higher floor, just a lower ceiling than Greig imo. And he's ready now, he can be that 3rd line C we need today/next season when Norris is back. Whereas Greig may take another full season to fully grown into the role at the NHL level (like Pinto is doing this year).

I value both of them higher than our 1st pick this year, not by much but nonetheless if they were being traded in any deal deal, then the 1st would have to become next year's 1st.

You don't get a high 1st rounder in a deep draft AND one of Greig/Pinto and some throw-ins for any of the Dmen being talked about. That's too much value, and that should be a mid to late 1st if we're giving up a near surefire NHLer with great upside in addition to that.
Very interesting perspective.

Given how NHL ready each of Pinot and Greig are, I think i'm at the stage where I'd rather offer both Boucher + Thomson or JBD to see if another team will bite. If its not enough, I want to say I'd move Pinto because of his shoulder injury and what I perceive as Greig ahving a higher ceiling. Still it'll sting regardless, Pinto is developing fine as a 3C with a good shot for goals.,

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury

Given how NHL ready each of Pinot and Greig are, I think i'm at the stage where I'd rather offer both Boucher + Thomson or JBD to see if another team will bite. If its not enough, I want to say I'd move Pinto because of his shoulder injury and what I perceive as Greig ahving a higher ceiling. Still it'll sting regardless, Pinto is developing fine as a 3C with a good shot for goals.,
100% agreed that I would be willing to trade a metric shit-ton of stuff instead of Pinto or Greig. If another team will get desperate enough and bite....but we are so primed to do a quantity over quality trade in terms of assets. We have the right ones and enough of them.

Like I would go as far as trading all 3 of those guys (or swap any of them for Brannstrom/Kleven/Soko/Mando/Merilianen), and some extras, and leave the 1st pick this year only top 3 protected - depending on what Dman were talking about.

Last edited:

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
100% agreed that I would be willing to trade a metric shit-ton of stuff instead of Pinto or Greig. If another team will get desperate enough and bite....but we are so primed to do a quantity over quality trade in terms of assets. We have the right ones and enough of them.

Like I would go as far as trading all 3 of those guys (or swap any of them for Brannstrom/Kleven/Soko/Mando/Merilianen), and some extras, and leave the 1st pick this year only top 3 protected - depending on what Dman were talking about.
Honestly I don’t want to trade any of our young forward prospects that have value. I’d rather find a way with picks and JBD, Tompson, Sokolov, etc….

Basically fat chance… lol

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Honestly I don’t want to trade any of our young forward prospects that have value. I’d rather find a way with picks and JBD, Tompson, Sokolov, etc….

Basically fat chance… lol
Just cuz I'm a homer, I'd like to keep JBD because he seems to be our best shut down defender prospect. At this point I'm only really comfortable moving Thomson, Sokolov, Boucher, etc.... lol

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Just cuz I'm a homer, I'd like to keep JBD because he seems to be our best shut down defender prospect. At this point I'm only really comfortable moving Thomson, Sokolov, Boucher, etc.... lol
I like JBD too, I was more thinking that a Dman was coming back our way thy was better is all.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville

Hope they'll age like fine wine!

1677221094782.png

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
If we getting Chychrun, you gotta think Chabot going to be sent packing in next 2 years.

Chabot
Sanderson
Chychrun

On left side makes no sense.

We need a RD. I would be much more inclined to trade Greig for Pesce. And I LOVE Greig.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
If we getting Chychrun, you gotta think Chabot going to be sent packing in next 2 years.

Chabot
Sanderson
Chychrun

On left side makes no sense.

We need a RD. I would be much more inclined to trade Greig for Pesce. And I LOVE Greig.
Then the sens have a hole at center. Trading rookie centermen men when you're 12th in the conference with your #1 center and your #1 goalie out for the season makes absolutely no sense. Terrifying times to be a sens fan. Can't believe how short sighted this board is. They aren't winning anything this year. Mortgaging the future when your two best players are 21 and 20 is idiotic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad