Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic]

Status
Not open for further replies.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
ROR and Orlov are both UFA and off the books end of season. This is literally just buying picks for $
I just figure they could use that space right now to go deep. Especially since their dead space goes from $12 million to $14 million next season

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
So I guess Boston wasn't confident enough in a lineup that has by far the best record in the NHL, they had to go add another top-4 D lol.

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
STL beat writer was talking about how soft Parayko, just a big body D-Man. His age scares me and the contract also.

If you pay that much for JC you gotta get a extension to go with it!

I don't buy the Center rumor at all unless is a 4th liner to replace Gambrel. Plenty 9f those guys around during the off-season.

We could look for backup for rest of year for Talbot so Soogy can get more reps in Belleville.

Reactions: NB613

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
STL beat writer was talking about how soft Parayko, just a big body D-Man. His age scares me and the contract also.

If you pay that much for JC you gotta get a extension to go with it!

I don't buy the Center rumor at all unless is a 4th liner to replace Gambrel. Plenty 9f those guys around during the off-season.

We could look for backup for rest of year for Talbot so Soogy can get more reps in Belleville.
Chycrun can’t be extended this year, or next

Reactions: OttawaSenators11

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
Loving Weegar but hating Parayko is just silly imo

Both would be good pick ups, having a preference is fine but people acting to Parayko is garbage

I’m not as fond of the Dumba/Schenn/Roy idea. I honesty think it would be nicer to get someone locked up that’s proven in the top 4

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Don't trade Pinto. Every year, people think we can just go into the season with the guys we have penciled in and we'll be fine. Every year, we have major injuries that we are totally unprepared for and our season gets completely derailed in a matter of weeks. We can't afford to get rid of an NHL C. I understand adding one more than trading one at this point.

Both would be good pick ups, having a preference is fine but people acting to Parayko is garbage

I’m not as fond of the Dumba/Schenn/Roy idea. I honesty think it would be nicer to get someone locked up that’s proven in the top 4
The Parayko hate is mindboggling. Hyperfixation on that awful game 6 he had and profiling based on his physical characteristics, maybe?

This guy is a 30-40pt per 82 game player who gets no PP time, blocks a ton of shots, never takes penalties, scores goals, plays difficult minutes and lots of them.

Will it be a tough contract in 5 years? Probably. He may well look like end-of-career Dion Phaneuf. Is he a legit #2 DMan? Maybe not. But he's at least a #3 and he could be our best DMan on any given night. He's also one of the best DMen that will be available to us.

Reactions: Liver King

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Trading Pinto for a guy like Chychrun is a slam dunk. Much easier to replace a guy who will be stuck on the third line for the next 6 years than to find young, high quality top 4D.

If it was straight up that's a deal you strongly consider.

Likely only 2 years of Chychrun vs. 5-10 years of Pinto is probably a long-term loss but it may be worth it.

Problem is that it wouldn't be straight up. Would likely require Pinto + 1st still.

Reactions: bicboi64 and NB613

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com

I like Parayko but his age and salary scare me.

Check this interview out also.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
A huge no to trading away the 2023 first. Unless you're getting a Makar (yes, I know that will never happen) and that first is in the package, I'm not moving it.

And like others say, no to moving any centers. It's not that long ago where we really had only 1-2 legit NHL centers, and we saw how difficult it was to do anything. Having too many centers is NOT a problem...guys can always transfer to wing.

We have to remember our window isn't open....yet. If things go well, we'll start contending for more than a one round and done playoff in 2-3 years. We need players who will still have a good run ahead of them at that point in time. If you're bringing in an oldie, it has to be on a short (2 years) contract for it to work.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I’m ok moving Greig.

Sure it will suck see him become a valuable player for a long long time.

But Mika Zibanejad was my favourite player so I understand pain and nothing can be as painful as that trade.

Back on topic… if Greig becomes the main piece for a package to get Chabot a stable D partner you gotta do it.

Pinto should be untouchable imo

------
If we don't land a D this deadline I would want the Sens to go hard after Severson this offseason. Devils likely wont trade him right now and use him as their own rental. Turns 29 next year consistently a 0.5ppg dman 6'2 plays a little heavy. Would look nice next to Sanderson or Chabot.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cosmix
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad