Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals 2019-20 PART X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Also I hope Toffoli's great play with Vancouver convinces Benning that it'd be worth it to trade Boeser and/or offer their 2021 1st to dump Eriksson's contract to fit him in.

We absolutely need to weaponize our cap space going into free agency with the cap being flat. Need to take full advantage of teams that didn't manage their spending well.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Wonder if we'd be willing to take on Jack Johnson's 3.25M cap hit for the next 3YRs if it meant adding a goalie like Murray for free (or very little assets).

We're not exactly short on LHD but Johnson only makes an average of 2.75M in salary the next 3YRs.

Bjugstad would also be an option, but he makes 5.25M salary next year.

Maybe something like Nilsson (2.4M) + Tierney (RFA) for Bjugstad (5.25M) + Murray (RFA)?
Not really worth taking on JJ as Murray being a #1 is still a gamble. Zaitsev's contract is already becoming an anchor on the back-end.

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
Fleury want out. Lots of options for a good goalie this summer. If we start the year with Nilsson and Hogberg I m gonna very very disappointed

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Also I hope Toffoli's great play with Vancouver convinces Benning that it'd be worth it to trade Boeser and/or offer their 2021 1st to dump Eriksson's contract to fit him in.

We absolutely need to weaponize our cap space going into free agency with the cap being flat. Need to take full advantage of teams that didn't manage their spending well.
We aren’t weaponizing anything. If Euge hits the floor you should be happy.

bacon25

Unenthusiastic User
Nov 29, 2010
Group Study Room F
We really need to stop debating the potential of a swap for first overall with the Rangers. It's not going to happen. It is more valuable for Ottawa to keep 3+5 and it makes complete sense that NYR would keep the pick to draft Laf. He is NHL ready and the Rangers are ready to compete. Injecting a talent like him onto the roster with a cheap ELC will be incredibly valuable for them. Ottawa isn't close and they need help everywhere, especially a need for a first line C which they will be able to get at 3. Use 5 to take another F or D, can't really go wrong at this point in the rebuild.

Far more productive to talk about Korpisalo, or the Islanders pick, or Tierney, or anything else other than the 1st overall pick. Anything else.

I would think Ottawa's 3nd along with the Islanders 1st and maybe throw in a 2nd would be enough to move the Rangers to trade down. I can't recall which analyst mentioned it but the Rangers most pressing need is a center. They get their center and Ottawa gets its winger. It's all in good fun though, I like reading everyone's theories.

Reactions: Sweatred

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I would think Ottawa's 3nd along with the Islanders 1st and maybe throw in a 2nd would be enough to move the Rangers to trade down. I can't recall which analyst mentioned it but the Rangers most pressing need is a center. They get their center and Ottawa gets its winger. It's all in good fun though, I like reading everyone's theories.
Ottawa needs a center a hell of alot more than the Rangers. @angrydad is right id prefer to discuss realistic and relevant trades that could happen.

Reactions: Masked

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
We aren’t weaponizing anything. If Euge hits the floor you should be happy.

I think Eriksson does make a good deal of sense for us. Adding him would be very similar to the Anisimov deal, except its an even more extreme version of it. Loui is owed 5mil over the next two years (1m this year, 4 the next) but carries a 6mil caphit. Loui can still play a bottom 6 role, so 2.5m a year for him (and only 1m this upcoming one) is not egregious.

Reactions: NB613

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
@RangerSeth and @TheBloodyNine

Seriously .... why are you guys in here? Your whole schtick reeks of having your fingers in your ears and your tongues stuck out.

You're in here arguing why the Rangers won't trade the pick. Great. Super. If that's what you believe....why do you need to be here at all? It just seems kind if a waste of time doesn't it?

Great. The Rangers aren't trading the pick. Ba bye!

They're waiting for someone to crack, and offer something stupid like '3+5+Chabot+ Tkachuk+ 2021 first', so they can go running back to their board with the crazy-assed proposal and salivate over it. Same thing that happens every year with the team that hits on the first overall.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I think Eriksson does make a good deal of sense for us. Adding him would be very similar to the Anisimov deal, except its an even more extreme version of it. Loui is owed 5mil over the next two years (1m this year, 4 the next) but carries a 6mil caphit. Loui can still play a bottom 6 role, so 2.5m a year for him (and only 1m this upcoming one) is not egregious.
That’s not weaponizing cap space as it’s simply taking on Loui. Also doubt Loui would agree to come here.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Andersen on the block, another good option . Cost just 1m in real money.
I’m pretty sure Dorion is fine with our current goaltending. We have a bunch of RFAs to sign and only need to use 19M in cap. I see a backloaded deal for CB and maybe one for Duclair coming.

Reactions: Cosmix

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
That’s not weaponizing cap space as it’s simply taking on Loui. Also doubt Loui would agree to come here.

Well, obviously an asset would be coming along with him. As for the NTC, its only half the league starting at the end of this current season, and I bet he'd go anywhere that he will play.

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
I’m pretty sure Dorion is fine with our current goaltending. We have a bunch of RFAs to sign and only need to use 19M in cap. I see a backloaded deal for CB and maybe one for Duclair coming.
Was the birthday of Duclair yesterday and he said discussion have not start again. I m starting to be tire of this team.

Reactions: h2owned

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
I don't think it's a pressing issue. He's an RFA and we don't even know when the season will begin. They should get Brown done first, he's the most important one.

I agree it’s not pressing. If Melnyk was my boss you can be sure I wouldn’t rush to sign any RFA’s with all the uncertainty surrounding COVID. I’d just qualify them at the last possible moment.

I was just saying Crosside’s point was about the negotiation not the birthday.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Well, obviously an asset would be coming along with him. As for the NTC, its only half the league starting at the end of this current season, and I bet he'd go anywhere that he will play.
Vancouver may want an asset for paying his bonus. I doubt we would get anything other than Loui.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau

Gotta at least have a conversation with him first:

Pas de contrat en cadeau pour la fête de Duclair

I don't think it's a pressing issue. He's an RFA and we don't even know when the season will begin. They should get Brown done first, he's the most important one.

Someone who writes about the team thinks its at least enough of an issue to write an article about it.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

Having high Cap space means we are spending less. The Melnyk Senator’s objective at this time is probably finance related (lower costs to avoid losses) rather than putting the best team possible on the ice. So, I expect the Senators to maximize their cap space by paying just enough to satisfy the league minimum requirement for salaries.

Last edited:

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Gotta at least have a conversation with him first:

Pas de contrat en cadeau pour la fête de Duclair
A team like the Sens who are cash poor will probably wait as long as possible before doing much. There is no guarantee when/if next season starts, no idea if there will be gate revenue when the season starts. I can’t imagine that Melnyk has given Dorion any budget parameters yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad