Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals 2019-20 Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Bob says Pageau and the Senators both know where each other stand on the contract. So unless one side gives in, they don't seem to be on the verge of getting something done. So a trade is more likely, but then again it can all change with one phone call and they could bridge the gap.

Lots of teams want Pageau, but don't want to meet high rental prices (1st round pick, top prospect). Oilers and Flyers are both specifically named.

It's more likely than not he's traded, but there is a possibility that negotiations get back on track.

Bob McKenzie HIGHLY DOUBTS that Pageau is kept beyond the deadline without a contract.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Using the game of telephone, I've recently been made aware of:

- Pageau himself doesn't know if he'll be traded or not.
- Has a few extra bags packed in case he is.
- It's definitely on his mind.
- Preference is very much to stay in Ottawa and would accept a lower/more friendly offer to stay with the Sens.

Take from that what you will but if this guy wants to stay in Ottawa this badly, I'm already less pissed if he's not traded. He's a heart n soul guy if I've ever seen one, love Pager!

Just got to make sure the term/$ amount is just right.
and the news?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Bob says Pageau and the Senators both know where each other stand on the contract. So unless one side gives in, they don't seem to be on the verge of getting something done. So a trade is more likely, but then again it can all change with one phone call and they could bridge the gap.

Lots of teams want Pageau, but don't want to meet high rental prices (1st round pick, top prospect). Oilers and Flyers are both specifically named.

It's more likely than not he's traded, but there is a possibility that negotiations get back on track.

Bob McKenzie HIGHLY DOUBTS that Pageau is kept beyond the deadline without a contract.
BMac for GM

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
Another scoop from insider trading.

Edmonton is willing to trade a 4th round pick for Ennis, but Ottawa would like to get more, which is why Ennis may not be traded. Edmonton's 3rd round pick is also tied up in the Neal trade. It is likely to transfer to Calgary so it would not be available.

Reactions: BigRig4

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
Another scoop from insider trading.

Edmonton is willing to trade a 4th round pick for Ennis, but Ottawa would like to get more, which is why Ennis may not be traded. Edmonton's 3rd round pick is also tied up in the Neal trade. It is likely to transfer to Calgary so it would not be available.
My guess is that Edmonton offers a fourth and fifth rounder and PD hands over a seventh in return.

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
Would have thought that Namestnikov would have been traded by now. No market?

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Feels like it could go either way next year, but obviously so much is up in the air its hard to really say now.

Kids are ahead of schedule and come in and kill it with some competent goaltending. The ceiling on that is probably fighting for a playoff spot.

Or, they continue to be terrible because not enough kids are ready to contribute much and we're again relying on inferior vets. The floor on that is last place and wouldnt be very surprising.
If they get Laf they should be packaging prospects for a good player who can help now. It’s a young players game and we have plenty of them.

Reactions: Xspyrit and Gesus

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
To everyone posting the TSN/Sportsnet tv scoops on here... you're doing the lord's work :thumbu:

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
Would have thought that Namestnikov would have been traded by now. No market?

I think he will be traded after Kreider.

It sounds like he is a cheaper backup plan for some teams, so Kreider has to go first.

I forget where I read or heard it, but I recall something about Dorion trying to drive up the price on him. As in, he could have been moved for a 3rd any time now, but Dorion is trying to get more. If we won't take a 4th for Ennis who should be significantly less marketable as a trade piece than Namestnikov, it makes me think we have to at least want a 2nd or more for Namestnikov.

If we manage to get Edmonton's 2021 3rd for Ennis, and a 2020 2nd from a different team for Namestnikov, that will be great. I'm not hugely optimistic though.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Sounding more familiar Hope vs I want what I am worth.
Hopefully they move him for something of value. Not saying Proudest Day value but something worthy. Which I suppose is a bit of an oxymoron seeing as Proudest Day was not worthy

Lol, proudest day.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Kovalchuk for a 3rd makes me doubtful we get that for Namestnikov or especially Ennis (maybe unless we take salary back)​

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
It's surprising how thin the market is for pure rental forwards. We might be able to get a nice return for Namestnikov.

The Rangers have lots of pieces, but I wonder if they will be dissuaded from moving rentals other than Kreider because they are now fighting for a playoff spot. They are 8-2-0 in their last 10, and if they win their next game are 2 points back of the Hurricanes.

I doubt we get more for Ennis though. Edmonton is the only team I recall hearing in on him. Now the price is out there, which I wonder if that's a way to pressure Ottawa. I'm guessing Dorion's stance is that we need veterans to close out the year, and having Ennis play over a young guy is worth more than a 4th....or at least, maybe that's what he wants Edmonton to think until lunch time tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad