Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals 2019-20 Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
You could say this about so many other countless players that have ended up leaving anyways that have had ties to the city. Maybe he wants to win at this point in his career. Maybe he doesn't believe in the ownership group here.

Maybe the info came from the horses mouth, WHO KNOWS...

Reactions: GCK

GoodGoodnotBad

May 11, 2013
Winnipeg/Ottawa/Moncton
I've always wanted to re-sign Pageau. I understand that he would return the most of our FA's, but I really don't care about that.

I really dislike the idea of keeping him and negotiating after though, by tomorrow he's either ours long-term or he's somewhere else.
If he really wants to be in Ottawa then flip him tomorrow for an asset and then sign him in the summer

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
If he really wants to be in Ottawa then flip him tomorrow for an asset and then sign him in the summer
As great as that would be from an asset collection perspective, some players just don't want to go through that. If he'd rather not be traded and wants to sign in Ottawa (and if Ottawa wants to keep him), sometimes you just do what's good for the player.

In a perfect world, he's open to a trade and they've come to a verbal agreement that he's going to come back, it just rarely happens.

Reactions: GoodGoodnotBad

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008

If he was even willing to consider the possibility of taking a hometown discount and truly likes the idea of staying a Senator long-term, you have to think it's possible he could come back here if he makes it to July 1st.

Trading him makes even more sense in that situation. Getting a 2nd + prospect or whatever and signing him as a UFA would be a coup.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Bobs input on Pageau still leaves a lotttt up in the air.

I think Philly could put together a really nice package for Pageau that doesnt involve a 1st. Lots of interesting pieces in that system.

Whether he’s dealt or not, I don’t trust any of the insiders here. Sens aren’t leaking stuff. Nobody had anything on DeMelo

Eh, I dunno. People seemed to know that Melo was likely being dealt.

Reactions: NB613 and Matsens15

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Bobs input on Pageau still leaves a lotttt up in the air.

I think Philly could put together a really nice package for Pageau that doesnt involve a 1st. Lots of interesting pieces in that system.

Eh, I dunno. People seemed to know that Melo was likely being dealt.
Sure but nothing about the actual trade was leaked. If you’re hearing no progress of a contract with Pageau that could mean nothing if they aren’t leaking information

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster
Re-signing Pageau isn't going to push this team into the playoffs next season.

Sad reality is that we aren't likely to sniff the playoffs for another couple years.

I'm under no illusion that Pageau would make us competitive next year, but losing him for more magic beans will make us worse over the next couple years. The pain is just beginning imo.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Feels like it could go either way next year, but obviously so much is up in the air its hard to really say now.

Kids are ahead of schedule and come in and kill it with some competent goaltending. The ceiling on that is probably fighting for a playoff spot.

Or, they continue to be terrible because not enough kids are ready to contribute much and we're again relying on inferior vets. The floor on that is last place and wouldnt be very surprising.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad