Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals 2019-20 Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
That's not the only alternative. That's a worst case scenario.

Let Ceci walk or leverage his expiring contract to get a "warm body" back.

Those were the two options we had. A lot of people believe we made a poor choice because "addition by subtraction" but I believe that is wishful thinking.

We'd be worse off of we had to play Englund or Jaros instead of Zaitsev. While being worse would be "fine" for this year and next it could be a disaster afterwards.

Reactions: Sen sational

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Why do you make these comments?

Maybe he does because we're less than a week away and Pierre has yet to sign or trade any one of Pageau, DeMelo, Boro, Ennis, Namestnikov and Hainsey?

Lot of things to juggle in a short period of time. Would have expected him to have already dealt one or two guys.

Reactions: BatherSeason

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Not only that but it sounds like they haven't even started contract talks with most of the big ones. Just a mess all around.
I have a hard time believing they haven’t talked contract either the ones they want to extend.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Maybe he does because we're less than a week away and Pierre has yet to sign or trade any one of Pageau, DeMelo, Boro, Ennis, Namestnikov and Hainsey?

Lot of things to juggle in a short period of time. Would have expected him to have already dealt one or two guys.

No need to worry so long as the team has been scouting their options and starting dialogue with other teams.

Aside from Pageau and maybe Tierney or DeMelo, our other assets are all probably backup plans for teams so you can't expect them to be moved early.

This isn't quite like last year when we had top pieces that everybody wanted. I expect things to heat up on Friday tbh.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I wonder if Namestikov gets a fourth round pick or better like lots of posters in here said.
I hope he does. He can play all 3 forward spots and he can play special teams. You can’t force teams to acquire him but as a fan I would like to add him for depth.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Let Ceci walk or leverage his expiring contract to get a "warm body" back.

Those were the two options we had. A lot of people believe we made a poor choice because "addition by subtraction" but I believe that is wishful thinking.

We'd be worse off of we had to play Englund or Jaros instead of Zaitsev. While being worse would be "fine" for this year and next it could be a disaster afterwards.

The other part of that is if Ceci walks after this year .. Meaning we could not trade him at the TDL.. We could get another Reilly type D off waivers to replace him short term and not be stuck with a big contract for a replacement level player. That's just my opinion .. it was a move brought on by the new tml Coach. Zaitsev may be better than Ceci but not by leaps and bounds.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I think Pageau and Tierney would be good additions for a playoff team needing some third liners to backup their current rosters. Borowiecki and De Melo would also be a good pickup for playoff teams. We would be fortunate to get a first round pick for any of those players. I anticipate 1 or 2 players to be traded and the return to be of limited future benefit.

For the Senators, major improvement will most likely come via the draft.

Reactions: Raze The Stray

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa

You guys are never happy. No matter what the trade is the parameters are never good enough. The timing is wrong, the value doesn't work, another team would have given us more, we could have traded this player for that player, etc.

The overwhelming negativity is too much sometimes.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
You guys are never happy. No matter what the trade is the parameters are never good enough. The timing is wrong, the value doesn't work, another team would have given us more, we could have traded this player for that player, etc.

People seemed almost universally happy about swapping Smith for Anisimov.

Dzingel trade was well received too.

It's a hockey forum for people to voice opinions, not sure what you're expecting.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau

I think most were generally happy with the waiver pickup yesterday. The Dzingel trade has gotten quite a bit of positive reviews as well. If Dorion pulls off a couple of shrewd moves in the next week, I think everyone will be happy. The problem right now is that by all reports from several sources, the team doesn't seem to know what direction they will be going here. Hopefully it's all a ploy and we will all have been fooled.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

As is the overwhelming positivity. Both sides can have a voice. Anyway should be about the post and not the posters. Not having belief in the organization and voicing that should not be construed as trolling. Not being happy with the makeup of the team and the player utilization should not be construed as trolling. If you want to be positive fill your boots but should this blog be about only positive thoughts about the Sens. Up to this year it hasn't been that way. Is an overly positive voice in a sea of desperation and ineptitude not trolling the people that feel that way? If it goes one way it should go the other. Unless I am missing a new rule that states no negative comments towards the team.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007

Have you not felt the positive energy this forum gets when the Sens lose?!?!

Reactions: Cosmix and guyzeur

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA

Amen brother! I agree :thumbu:

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
The other part of that is if Ceci walks after this year .. Meaning we could not trade him at the TDL.. We could get another Reilly type D off waivers to replace him short term and not be stuck with a big contract for a replacement level player.

That is a lot to risk in my book, especially when Toronto has Zaitsev and wants to trade him. I'd have a hard time going with "no, we'll take our chances with the waiver wire and hope that someone half decent can be had there" when the other option is to get a slightly better and slightly overpaid player who is signed for a while.

No one wants to come to Ottawa. That has to be accounted for.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
That is a lot to risk in my book, especially when Toronto has Zaitsev and wants to trade him. I'd have a hard time going with "no, we'll take our chances with the waiver wire and hope that someone half decent can be had there" when the other option is to get a slightly better and slightly overpaid player who is signed for a while.

Also we got C. Brown in that trade, that matters.
Fair enough .. I am ok with you like it and I don't :)

Reactions: Do Make Say Think

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
E313047E-0699-434E-B5CA-166EE3FDBDF2.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad