Rumor: Trade rumours/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thesensguy

Apr 5, 2014
Ottawa,Ontario
Duchene to Columbus for 1st, Wennberg, Milano

Stone to Winnipeg for 1st, 2nd, Niku

I mean these are not great returns for elite players but adding 4 1st round picks (niku and Milano) and a couple of other pieces would at least help us going forward ), especially if Wennberg can step in and be a 50 point player again with increased ice time

Reactions: TCB

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I saw Mark Stone at a grocery store in Kanata yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a *****e and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Coffee Crisps in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Not very nice

Reactions: Senscore

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
We should be making a deal like canes did with Bickell

Callahan would be the target

Reactions: derriko

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
I wonder if taking a shit contract or two in return with any trade we make would increase the value of the main return pieces. A contract some team would kill to get out from under irrespective of acquiring Stone/Duchene. And we would need it to reach the cap floor so there’s nothing Melnyk could do about it. If it meant getting a potential marquee young centre piece in return vs a lukewarm mediocre one I’d be all for it.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Yeah, but the team needed to trade Stone, because he's secretly a bad person and has been the real problem all along, but we're not going to tell you that until he's gone, or if you're really lucky we'll tell you in a really obscure and roundabout way like 16 hours before we actually trade him in an effort to lead the story, either via a hastily-written Ottawa Sun editorial piece penned by some ancient retired reporter who hasn't written for the paper in like 4 years so it's weird that he wrote this one article all of a sudden and the whole thing makes no sense, or in an interview with Zack Smith in an Build-A-Bear hat warehouse with Nick Ruszkowski.

Inb4 you get hired as Rusz' replacement.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

I mean these are not great returns for elite players but adding 4 1st round picks (niku and Milano) and a couple of other pieces would at least help us going forward ), especially if Wennberg can step in and be a 50 point player again with increased ice time

I fully expect those to be the sort of return we'll get, and no, it won't help us much going forward.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Saw somewhere that Fabbro was going to sign at the end of the year.

I don't know if Dorion can specifically ask him if he would sign here, but if he would...

Fabbro > Tolvanen

Reactions: Gil Gunderson

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
I saw Mark Stone at a grocery store in Kanata yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a *****e and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Coffee Crisps in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.
That will explain the poor return Dorion get's for him, his character and all :sarcasm:

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.

Incoming Garrioch article about this interaction with Stone to help drive down the price even more.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Saw somewhere that Fabbro was going to sign at the end of the year.

I don't know if Dorion can specifically ask him if he would sign here, but if he would...

Fabbro > Tolvanen
Yeah the least this dumb organization can do after telling the fans to go shove it is at least acquire a blue-chip RD prospect.

Spartachat

Aug 2, 2016
Ottawa

I was in Dollarama a couple of weeks back with my two year old daughter. She was carrying a little lollipop I bought her in the store. We saw Melnyk and went up to him to say hi. While I speaking he suddenly snatched my daughter's lollipop and ran away. My daughter started to cry and a man in a Karlsson jersey came up to us and gave her a new lollipop and then she was happy again.

Reactions: Deku

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
Watch Dorion trade Duchene to Nashville for a package including Turris.

Hey guys it’s like it never happened! :sarcasm:

I'd do it if we can flip him to Carolina or Winnipeg immediately. And I'd be assuming they'd be moving him to free up money to keep Duchene, so we could probably land Fabbro as well.

Signed Duchene 8x8 for Turris+Fabbro+1st
Turris for Pesce
Stone for Vesalainen+1st+

Gives us a great core of 6 very young defencemen in Chabot, Wolanin Lajoie on the left side and Pesce, Fabbro and JBD on the right.

Reactions: h2owned and derriko

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

If we get vesalainen back in that deal. Keep the duchene deal as is.

Get a first back for dzingel.

A second plus obscure prospect that dorions staff really like for ceci.

That’s not a bad haul for the rebuild.

Peptic Balcers

May 1, 2010
Ottawa, Canada

So 3 more days to sign them or get an indication they will stay.... Sure Pierre ..Those 3 days are going to matter.

Yeah honestly just trade them today. Its impossible to enjoy this team knowing that everyone will be gone in a couple days.

I just want all this off ice uncertainty and distractions to be done so they can focus on losing

Reactions: Cosmix

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Sounds like EDM needs to dump cap in preparation for Sekera returning.

With Condon on LTIR, I still like the idea of Spooner for Condon, especially if we can get a pick out of it from EDM for solving their problem.

Maybe something like Condon+Paajarvi for Spooner+3rd.

Adding Paajarvi gives them a 4th line energy rental.and obscures the fact that they are paying a 3rd to clean up their own mess. Condon on LTIR helps them activate Sekera.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
I'd be happy with an early first and a cap dump for both at this point
We need quality over quantity ffs

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
So on Duchene being indecisive about whether or not he wants to stay .. Does anyone else think its a cop out? I mean he knows he is forcing Dorion's hand to trade him, so that must be what he wants right. He knows Dorion cannot afford to lose him for nothing. I think if it was about the money , even at the reported 8x8 with some decent bonus money , he'd take it or it would be very close and a deal would be done. So I would guess its not that , and he wants to have a chance to win.. I can't blame him for that, but I'd like him to say it like it is.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
So on Duchene being indecisive about whether or not he wants to stay .. Does anyone else think its a cop out? I mean he knows he is forcing Dorion's hand to trade him, so that must be what he wants right. He knows Dorion cannot afford to lose him for nothing. I think if it was about the money , even at the reported 8x8 with some decent bonus money , he'd take it or it would be very close and a deal would be done. So I would guess its not that , and he wants to have a chance to win.. I can't blame him for that, but I'd like him to say it like it is.

I think it's genuine. He seems quite attached to his hometown. He also just had his first kid. Getting your first kid kinda changes you and your priorities. Being close to home and close to your family and support network is pretty important. No need to be cynical about it.

If anything, his indecisiveness is a huge indicator of how he feels about Melnyk. Otherwise, it should be a slam dunk to get signed.

Reactions: Gesus

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Good luck with that.

This player and agent are desperately trying to repair Matt's image as he heads into his free agent payday.

With the demand for a trade out of Colorado and the ubergate fiasco with the Sens, Duchene is seen as a problem player.

This "aww shucks, I just can't make up my mind" schtick is a carefully constructed rehab program designed to pay off come July 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad