Rumor: Trade rumours/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 11) [MOD WARNING PAGE 12]

Status
Not open for further replies.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I was sold on burning it all down if both wouldn't stay, but when I look at the actual proposed returns, I've kind of changed my mind. Stone can help the kids develop more than a late 1st, a B prospect and a specially selected Dorion magic bean or two are likely to contribute down the line. We have good prospect depth, but lack the high end, and we don't seem to be getting any high end pieces for these guys unfortunately. **** it, sign him up if he's willing.

It will also take a great deal of luck, as I don't have faith in anyone right now to do the job. This team will only succeed in spite of management's efforts. Guys like Tkachuk, Chabot, White, Batherson, Brown
, Formenton and Wolanin will not be stopped by the ineptness of anyone. They love to play and will play to win and have fun.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
It will also take a great deal of luck, as I don't have faith in anyone right now to do the job. This team will only succeed in spite of management's efforts. Guys like Tkachuk, Chabot, White, Batherson, Brown
, Formenton and Wolanin will not be stopped by the ineptness of anyone. They love to play and will play to win and have fun.

You know what really helps push a "rebuild" along? A great leader.

Guess who's the only real leader on this team?

Reactions: Gesus

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Exactly.

How anyone can make a case for keeping Dzingel over Stone is beyond me.

The one essential player all these very young and inexperienced kids need to have around is someone like Mark Stone. Without him we become an even more rudderless ship.

This is pure speculation, but I suspect they tried to play Stone and Duchene against eachother.

I think everyone sees Stone as the future captain and the centerpiece of the organization, which gave Stone a ton of leverage. That's why I think they built up the Duchene negotiations. To make the Stone camp believe that they could go with Duchene at a cheaper price than Stone would have commanded.

We need to keep Stone, and Stone knows this. We'll pay though the nose to keep him, but I think we will. Stone and his agent are playing hardball to get Stone the best deal. I don't think he could get as much as we'd give him on the open market. I also wouldn't be surprised to see a really high AAV on Stone's contract, possibly close to, or over $10M to make up for the diminished bonuses up front.

Reactions: The Lewler

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Sens and Duchene never went over details of a contract in terms of structure beyond money/years. Instead talks focused more on the direction of the team, Duchene does not want to be involved here in a rebuild. He most likely played his last game as a Senators against Chicago. He'll be scratched the rest of the way.

Multiple teams are interested in him.

There's a possibility for a trade with an extension built in according to Pagnotta. Duchene's people are apparently interested in this possibility.

Nashville might be the most likely destination for a trade with an extension.
If signed Duchene, I'm asking Fabbro, 1st and Tolvanen.

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
I know Stone is the legit star, but to play for who? 8000 paid fans? No way. This whole thing is poisoned and it will take years to really fix. Keeping Stone just prolong the pain. Hope Ottawa drafts Lafreniere and by then new , dedicated leaders like Tkachuk and Chabot will carry the team to new heights.

Keeping Stone will only serve as a reminder as to what Ottawa has lost. Get rid of all of them. Andy and Ceci will do it.

Honestly, they can probably do both.

You get Stone signed which keeps the only shred of credibility your franchise has left.

You then burn the rest of it to the ground around him and Chabot/Tkachuk . They will be really bad and will be in lottery position if you do that.

Everything is still garbage with Melnyk running the show, but I don't think we need to be worrying about being a lottery team after shedding our #1 C our #2 W, and conceivably our "#2" *eyeroll* D and our #1 G.

The Sens have no C depth coming except maybe Brown, the D help is a couple years away from being ready for big time NHL roles (top 4) there is maybe some LW/RW coming quicker with Batherson and maybe Formenton, which is nice.. but.. yeah.. don't worry about us being bad is what I'm repeating ad nauseum.

Reactions: swiftwin

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Stone gets more pieces. Dzingel will always be serviceable.

10M player on this team is dumb. And it will not appease anyone, still pissed about Alfie, Karlsson, etc...who we kidding here

It's probably the difference between having 13k people in the stands and somewhere under 10k.

Stone is the last straw for many, many Sens fans.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
You know what really helps push a "rebuild" along? A great leader.

Guess who's the only real leader on this team?
Maybe. But he hasn't led anyone anywhere, and in fairness maybe he hasn't had a proper opportunity to put his stamp on this team. There will be a big hole in the middle, and the core will need major repairs. No. 1 centers are not easy to find. Major setback.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Stone gets more pieces. Dzingel will always be serviceable.

10M player on this team is dumb. And it will not appease anyone, still pissed about Alfie, Karlsson, etc...who we kidding here
Stone is a guy you can build around. You need some guys to lead the way else become the rudderless Edmonton Oilers. Stone is 26 and elite. Dzingel is 26 and having a break out year. You'll get a better return relative to what they bring by trading Dzingel. Its like the Karlsson return vs the Brassard return.

I also don't think Stone will get 10M. Could see him get as high as 9.5M but on an 8 year deal, I think he'll end up around 8.75M.

Reactions: swiftwin

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Maybe. But he hasn't led anyone anywhere, and in fairness maybe he hasn't had a proper opportunity to put his stamp on this team. There will be a big hole in the middle, and the core will need major repairs. No. 1 centers are not easy to find. Major setback.
He will have great young talent around him. I'm betting my house that Batherson will be a star at the NHL level too. Plus one thing we are forgetting is that the money they save not signing Duchene can be used to get top 4 dman. Plus Ceci off the books too.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Stone is a guy you can build around. You need some guys to lead the way else become the rudderless Edmonton Oilers. Stone is 26 and elite. Dzingel is 26 and having a break out year. You'll get a better return relative to what they bring by trading Dzingel. Its like the Karlsson return vs the Brassard return.

I also don't think Stone will get 10M. Could see him get as high as 9.5M but on an 8 year deal, I think he'll end up around 8.75M.

Honestly doesnt matter what we pay Stone because we wont be paying anyone else anyways for a while

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Well yeah if you’re so confident balcers and formenton are just as good as debrusk then sure we don’t need him

Ya Debrusk could definitely be better than any of those guys he named. He will probably total 40 or so goals and 80 or so pts in his first two years. Smart and skilled player, he could be a top line winger before too long

Tkachuckycheese

Oilers/Sens
Feb 2, 2016
Oof that would be amazing. I really like Fiala. I'd be happy to switch out Tolvanen for Fabbro too
Some guy on twitter posted that Poile offered Tolvanen and Fiala for Duchene. But he's really a nobody just said a source confirmed that.

Probably will get attacked again for just sharing that lol

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
He will have great young talent around him. I'm betting my house that Batherson will be a star at the NHL level too. Plus one thing we are forgetting is that the money they save not signing Duchene can be used to get top 4 dman. Plus Ceci off the books too.

I hope Batherson is good but not great. I dont want to lose another player cause of money.

Reactions: SensFactor

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
It's probably the difference between having 13k people in the stands and somewhere under 10k.

Stone is the last straw for many, many Sens fans.
The last straw has already been picked. Long ago. No one is going to grab their VISA and call 599-0300 and buying seasons after losing Duchene and another homegrown player in Dzingel. And, oh yeah, Melnyk is still your owner.

Sign me up. Let's be serious. The writing has been on the wall a long time. Now , the true test begins. He ain't selling and rumours of his "triumphant" Lebreton successful mediation will only ensure that this city will be back in 1992 .

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Some guy on twitter posted that Poile offered Tolvanen and Fiala for Duchene. But he's really a nobody just said a source confirmed that.

Probably will get attacked again for just sharing that lol

Not sure who I'd rather between the three (Tolvanen, Fabbro, Fiala). I like Fiala a lot though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad