Rumor: Trade rumours/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 11) [MOD WARNING PAGE 12]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
No. 1 center is gone with no replacement incoming for a while. Why keep the no. 1 wing? It will just prolong the rebuild. There is no point. It makes more sense to keep Dzingel at this stage
Agreed Stone is the guy to trade for have high end prospects

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
No. 1 center is gone with no replacement incoming for a while. Why keep the no. 1 wing? It will just prolong the rebuild. There is no point. It makes more sense to keep Dzingel at this stage

It's not about center vs wing.

It's about having a legit star with the right attitude to teach the kids to fall in line and be a leader both vocally as well as on the ice, and set an example.

Stone can do that. Dzingel is not that guy.

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
Yeah good on Stones agent

With Duchene gone he has full leverage to get the best possible contract for his client

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I was sold on burning it all down if both wouldn't stay, but when I look at the actual proposed returns, I've kind of changed my mind. Stone can help the kids develop more than a late 1st, a B prospect and a specially selected Dorion magic bean or two are likely to contribute down the line. We have good prospect depth, but lack the high end, and we don't seem to be getting any high end pieces for these guys unfortunately. f*** it, sign him up if he's willing.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Cola did you re-up your seasons? Might be a greasy one next year.
Not yet. Probably when Dorion tenders his resignation and falls on his sword for failing in keeping his core together, the whole f***ing premise of rebuilding. Now, with no core...

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

It's about having a legit star with the right attitude to teach the kids to fall in line and be a leader both vocally as well as on the ice, and set an example.

Exactly.

How anyone can make a case for keeping Dzingel over Stone is beyond me.

The one essential player all these very young and inexperienced kids need to have around is someone like Mark Stone. Without him we become an even more rudderless ship.

Reactions: swiftwin

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008

Ya but.

Dzingel $$

Stone $$$$$$

Reactions: coladin

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Stone has probably decided he'll stay, but his agent is hoping that by waiting a few more days that the Sens will cave and give him another $500k AAV or something in that neighborhood.

There's no way he hasn't decided already.

Or everyone wants Stone and wont break the bank on Duchene, this way they pay top dollar on the 'only guy available' then they trade stone after because the offer became too good to pass up.

Cloud

Feb 22, 2016
Yukon

If Stone is willing to sign you absolutely sign him. With the PR disaster that was loosing Alfie and Karlsson...Even Melnyk most likely understands he'd be tarping off half the arena if they loose Stone as well. That and I think the team definitely benefits from having Stone's leadership and experience moving forward for the young guys...and it really wouldn't set back the rebuild that much either.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
The only argument I can see against keeping Stone is that he'll make us too good to tank our way to 4th overall or better next year....but I think this season might be proof that we don't have to worry about that in the short term.

Even if the offer is something like Roslovic, Niku, 1st, conditional 1st, which we've been told by other fan bases we'd be crazy to get, none of those pieces are likely to progress into anything close to the best winger in the league who'll still be in his prime when our supposed window hits two years from now.

With the way Stone has played the last two seasons, he's as valuable as a 1C of Duchene's calibre. He drives his own line with an inferior C. Look at how effective his line has been with Tkachuk and White on it. Nothing against either Tkachuk and White, they will be legit 1st or 2nd line stars in this league, but they are 3rd liners on most decent teams, and Stone has transformed them into 2/3rds of by far our most effective line.

Zack Smith's great great grandchildren will be visiting Mark Stone in his retirement home, thanking him for buying them houses via letting Smith play on his line in 2017.

Reactions: coladin

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
I'm honestly devastated about Duchene being as good as gone, not even considering the fact that we're gonna get squashed in the trade. He's such an exciting player to watch, best C we've had since prime Spezza, on pace for almost 90 points. There's gonna be such a huge hole in the lineup, even if we bottom out next year it's not gonna be filled any time soon.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009

I know Stone is the legit star, but to play for who? 8000 paid fans? No way. This whole thing is poisoned and it will take years to really fix. Keeping Stone just prolong the pain. Hope Ottawa drafts Lafreniere and by then new , dedicated leaders like Tkachuk and Chabot will carry the team to new heights.

Keeping Stone will only serve as a reminder as to what Ottawa has lost. Get rid of all of them. Andy and Ceci will do it.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
What is the latest on Duchene?

Sens and Duchene never went over details of a contract in terms of structure beyond money/years. Instead talks focused more on the direction of the team, Duchene does not want to be involved here in a rebuild. He most likely played his last game as a Senators against Chicago. He'll be scratched the rest of the way.

Multiple teams are interested in him.

There's a possibility for a trade with an extension built in according to Pagnotta. Duchene's people are apparently interested in this possibility.

Nashville might be the most likely destination for a trade with an extension.

Reactions: derriko

Emerica

May 29, 2010
I mean any specific team?
We haven't heard anything specific. We are at the stage where "insiders" are throwing team names out because in reality they don't know more than us. So far I've seen Islanders, Preds, Blue Jackets. Probably missing a few

Reactions: Sens

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
I know Stone is the legit star, but to play for who? 8000 paid fans? No way. This whole thing is poisoned and it will take years to really fix. Keeping Stone just prolong the pain. Hope Ottawa drafts Lafreniere and by then new , dedicated leaders like Tkachuk and Chabot will carry the team to new heights.

Keeping Stone will only serve as a reminder as to what Ottawa has lost. Get rid of all of them. Andy and Ceci will do it.
He's only 26. Two more years of bottoming out and we could potentially be pushing for playoffs in 3-4 years. I could see him being elite right into his 30s too, and he's definitely the kind of guy you want around young prospects. When you rebuild with zero veteran stars you end up like Edmonton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad