Rumor: Trade rumours/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 11) [MOD WARNING PAGE 12]

Status
Not open for further replies.

5ive4Fighting

Feb 11, 2019
Lonely end of the rink
The fact that this wasnt also announced for Stone is a great sign if you ask me. May have gotten a signal from Stone that he wants to sign.

I take it as a sign that there is nothing quite as imminent for Stone, but that's all I'm willing to read into it at this point. If they're still mid-Hail Mary, they're not going to want to bench him and invite the psychological experience of being an outsider looking on.

Reactions: derriko

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Smart to sit Duchene out. Even if it would just be a 1 percent chance of injury, it's not worth the risk of dressing him.

Reactions: Gesus

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
I m start thinkink is better trade all 3 ufa All the rumor about Stone excited me .

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
That is pretty underwhelming to me. Donato and Debrusk kinda fit into the same tier as so many of our other forward prospects. 2/3 liners. I'd be more interested in Vaakanainen.

Pretty decent tbh. Debrusk seems like a decent peice, nhl ready. We could do worse. Low first though.

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
Any clue if maybe Duchene is the one that asked to sit because he doesn't wanna jeopardize his chances?

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I’d rather both of those guys over Vaakanainen by a pretty huge margin
Why though? I don't think they really fit into a Sens time line here. You would get a glut of forwards of similar ability, age and contract status. Some would have to be moved out by default or risk having them depreciate in value as their stuck in the log jam. There's only so many spots on a NHL team and only so many quality minutes to go around.

I think that unless you're getting back a guy who's got a real future as a top line guy, you want guys who are younger and will be coming up in a few years as we move the Belleville forwards into the NHL.

I'd want Dmen in that age group or younger though.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Why though? I don't think they really fit into a Sens time line here. You would get a glut of forwards of similar ability, age and contract status. Some would have to be moved out by default or risk having them depreciate in value as their stuck in the log jam. There's only so many spots on a NHL team and only so many quality minutes to go around.

I think that unless you're getting back a guy who's got a real future as a top line guy, you want guys who are younger and will be coming up in a few years as we move the Belleville forwards into the NHL.

I'd want Dmen in that age group or younger though.

I dont really like Vaakanainen. See him as a 4/5 guy longterm, similar to Lajoie but with a bit more upside. He would need to beat Chabot, Wolanin or Lajoie for a spot (and Boro/Harpur next year) so I don't see some gaping hole for him to fill anyways .

Debrusk is a solid 2nd liner already and has upside, and I really really like Donato's high end skill. Think he has a good shot of being a top 6er. I, too, would prefer a young DMan, especially an RD, but given Vaakanainens handedness and relatively low ceiling I'd much rather take the guys who I think are simply far better, higher potential players/prospects.

I would like that package from the Bruins although I dont think its realistic... and given that, the Bruins are not the team I would target. None of their D prospects are particularly interesting to me

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Why is this Bruins fan still here low-key trash-talking us?

It doesn't make any sense. He stormed in here all like 'you guys are shit and you don't even have your 1st rounder amd there's no hope on the horizon' and we're all like 'no kidding', but he's still responding as though people are arguing with him?

Very bizarre.

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
The match is lit. Burn it to the ground. What’s the point of keeping Stone without Duchene. Saves a year in the rebuild? Why would he stay without Duchene?

I'm not worried about keeping Stone around for the skill as much as he seems like a good leader and I don't wanna be Oilers 2.0 in a few years.

Reactions: BonkTastic

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Stone is probably looking through the contract with a class of cognac and mulling over his time with the Sens as we speak. Weighing positives and negatives of staying in Ottawa.

Dzingelberry

Dec 10, 2017
The match is lit. Burn it to the ground. What’s the point of keeping Stone without Duchene. Saves a year in the rebuild? Why would he stay without Duchene?
The match was lit when #95 took the ice. THAT, sparked Ottawa Rising.

inthewings

Jul 26, 2005
Just conversation most talks on these forums are just that ...talk

Oh, conversation. So you’ve told Ottawa fans that the Senators shouldn’t have traded the pick, that Hughes is a special talent, and that you’re glad he’s (maybe) going to Colorado instead of Ottawa. And you’re looking for.... what, exactly, in response?

Reactions: Xspyrit
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad