Proposal: Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread: Frozen, The Vegas Musical..... Draft 6/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
The one thing I'm really wondering is who's the goof GM that gives Vegas their 1st line center via trade? They are the only thing that Vegas doesn't have access to via the draft, nor should they.

Nobody is giving Vegas a legit 1st line center via NHL standards. They very well could acquire a C that plays on their 1st line, that's different

RNH for instance is a 2nd line on most teams and a 3rd on others, If we trade RNH to Vegas for 2 useful pieces, that would be a win for both clubs

Vegas is not gonna be competitive, no matter if they get a couple good players

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Didn't Bill Daly tell all the GMs not to make public any trades with Vegas until the 21st?

I blame the NHL for how long these next 48 hours will be, haha.

Really? That's a directive I don't get.

I'd think announcing trades pretty much at the same time Vegas' expansion draft list was released would make more sense. A bigger news hit with the first set of trades, get people talking about the trade window heading into the entry draft.

Maybe I'm missing the value of holding onto the news for an extra day. :amazed:

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Kind of like the goof GM that gives the Oilers that last piece on D, that PMD that can balance the group and turn us into a contender.

I'm not going to worry that much about a team whose 1st line center is RNH. I love RNH, but come on now.

RNH holds more value to this team than a guy like Mathew Dumba would. People need to realize this from our perspective.

From their perspective, Mathew Dumba is immediately replaceable. Trading him would mean nothing to them because they have many options on defense to choose from. The one position they don't have that ability is at center. They should have to pay through the teeth for one of them.

Last edited:

Why

Jan 15, 2014
Edmonton
All I read is that there a finalist to sign him. I think you may have just misread.

Just went back and re read it. Defiantly says finalist and not that he's signing. Good catch. I'm getting too anxious and just need some real rumors!!,:laugh:

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Nobody is giving Vegas a legit 1st line center via NHL standards. They very well could acquire a C that plays on their 1st line, that's different

RNH for instance is a 2nd line on most teams and a 3rd on others, If we trade RNH to Vegas for 2 useful pieces, that would be a win for both clubs

Vegas is not gonna be competitive, no matter if they get a couple good players

They are going to have a very solid defense, solid goaltending, good depth and a lot of players who were looking for an opportunity in their previous organizations to be difference makers. It would not surprise me one bit to see the Vegas Golden Knights in the thick of it right out of the gate. I'm dead serious.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
Funny how Demers was left unprotected.

According to the hall fans here Demers was gonna be the saviour of Edmontons defense.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Dumba had 34 points to rank 46th in scoring by a defeceman. Offensively he is a top pairing guy and he's only 22. If you can get him for draft picks, you have to look at improving our team.

Getting a 3rd line centre and a number 4 RHD are the Oilers two top priorities IMO.

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba
Funny how Demers was left unprotected.

According to the hall fans here Demers was gonna be the saviour of Edmontons defense.

Taylor Hall can play on my team any day.

Dumba had 34 points to rank 46th in scoring by a defeceman. Offensively he is a top pairing guy and he's only 22. If you can get him for draft picks, you have to look at improving our team.

Getting a 3rd line centre and a number 4 RHD are the Oilers two top priorities IMO.

I agree with this, he would be a good fit for the team.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Dumba has not much appeal other than being a RHD. Give Benning the PP minutes and he will be as good or better. We need a bigger, more physical 2 way guy like Hamonic - but if the price is too steep - I'm good heading into the season with a one year solution like Franson. I might even try get Sustr from VGK as a stop gap. He's still pretty young and played 2nd pair for TBL last season (mixed results) but could slip back to 3rd pair when Sekera gets back. I think we may have to develop our way out of this RHD problem as the good options are insanely expensive to acquire in trade.
Jake Dotchin stole his job last season, small sample size, but TB fans definitely seem to like him quite a bit more.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Really? That's a directive I don't get.

I'd think announcing trades pretty much at the same time Vegas' expansion draft list was released would make more sense. A bigger news hit with the first set of trades, get people talking about the trade window heading into the entry draft.

Maybe I'm missing the value of holding onto the news for an extra day. :amazed:

They want people to watch the awards show and now they have a carrot to dangle.

From what I understand they're announcing picks and trades throughout. Not even all at once. Finding out the Knights team and what trades have been made will be like a five hour endeavour.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003

From what I understand they're announcing picks and trades throughout. Not even all at once. Finding out the Knights team and what trades have been made will be like a five hour endeavour.
Is this accurate?

Dripping out news like this is a sure fire way to get me to do something else and find out the info after.

misfit

5-14-6-1
Feb 2, 2004
just north of...everything
Is this accurate?

Dripping out news like this is a sure fire way to get me to do something else and find out the info after.

Yeah, it's incredibly weak. The NHL has managed to take something incredibly interesting and newsworthy and completely turning me off of it.

kujsU.jpg

Just replace christianity with the nhl awards and rock and roll with the expansion draft

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada

That sounds awful.

"From the Florida Panthers, the Vegas Golden Knights are proud to welcome Jonathan Marchessault.....and now here's Mariana's Trench!!"

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Lowetide was literally just going on about it on his blog last week. :laugh:

Pretty sure many suggested Demers could have held up in a 1st pair this year for us. Unfortunately, he was put in the dog house in Florida for not being able to defend as they struggled down the stretch, finding himself on the 3rd pair. Then had to let a rookie Matheson carry the mail for him to stay relevant in the lineup. Florida would be very happy to get that contract off their hands now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad