Rumor: Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread: Eberle Trade Watch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
Yeah, its just irritating. All I continue to hear or heard from the insiders lately have been trades galore were bound to happen, teams are talking, ___ is getting interest from a specific amount of teams. Yet all we got thus far has been Drouin for Sergachev.

Gotta love how everybody has to wait until Wednesday for the Vegas trades implemented by the NHL. The NHL is such a stupid league.

All in the name of getting people to watch the NHL Awards. Curse this league.
**** better go down tomorrow. I don't have the patience to wait on "the craziest offseason ever"

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
All in the name of getting people to watch the NHL Awards. Curse this league.
**** better go down tomorrow. I don't have the patience to wait on "the craziest offseason ever"

I mean hey, they have another great host this year in Joe Manganiello. Woohoo! :help:

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
If we're taking on that Phaneuf albatross and potential locker room problem, we better be getting a nice incentive like Logan Brown.

I agree, he'd be a great pick up and addition.

In that draft I wanted the Oilers to pick McAvoy with the #4 pick but I had Logan Brown as a top 5 pick as well... was surprised when he slipped down to the Sens.

Last edited:

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Strome can't win a faceoff to save his life and turns and runs the other way when things get physical. He needs baby soft 2nd line minutes, not a shutdown role.

Our third line isn't a shutdown line. It is baby soft minutes. Which is why Caggiula was the center for a chunk of the season.

We ran 1-2, 2-1, 3-3, 4-4 almost exclusively last year.

McspOiler

Feb 27, 2012
Victoria, BC
I'd rather put an orange cone on McDavid's RW than gift Ryan Strome that spot.

That lineup has zero flexibility and is absolutely impotent on the wings.
I don't know why but first I laughed and then I thought mcdavid could probably get a traffic cone 10 g in a season if we set it up next to the other teams net...

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Too long a contract for Phaneuf. I would rather let Fayne and Pouliot expire.

The Sens gotta retain on Phaneuf for any consideration of a deal. Just how much they retain determines whether or not a deal can be done. Pou and Fayne for Phaneuf with 1.5m ~ 2m retained works. Only a little more than the $4M by 4 years for Russell being discussed. Under those parameters Phaenuf is a better option than Russell.

I don't know why but first I laughed and then I thought mcdavid could probably get a traffic cone 10 g in a season if we set it up next to the other teams net...

Semenko scored 11, 12 and 12 playing with Gretzky. 18 goals in the final four years of his career after Tikkanen took his spot as Gretzky's LW.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Thats worst case scenario, I dont think he'll slow down enough to not play top 4 minutes. Now whether injuries take a toll is a different matter. The guy is good on the boards, can clear the net, keep forwards honest due to open ice hits, big slapshot from the point and can move the puck. He's basically everything people are hoping for from Nurse, except he's not relying on potential.
God I hope Nurse turns out better then that, over the last 4 years of d-men that have played more than 1,000 mins Phanuef is 10th in shots allowed per 60. Of the 9 d-men in front of him 6 are retired or are playing in a lower league (cause that's what typically happens to d-men who allow that many shots against), one is a nobody in Alex Biega, and the other two are Morgan Rielly and Rasmus Ristolainen who played big roles (bigger roles then they should of had) as young men on teams that were predominantly horrible during that time frame.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
If there isn't a flurry of trades by 1pm tomorrow, it will STILL be an interesting outcome, because Las Vegas is going to clean some teams out.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
The Sens gotta retain on Phaneuf for any consideration of a deal. Just how much they retain determines whether or not a deal can be done. Pou and Fayne for Phaneuf with 1.5m ~ 2m retained works. Only a little more than the $4M by 4 years for Russell being discussed. Under those parameters Phaenuf is a better option than Russell.

Only flaw in that plan is that Phaneuf is a much, much worse dman than Russell.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
It could be that Vegas has a large stack of deals lined up with teams promising not to pick xxx in exchange for xxx and a pick(s).

There could be a long list of those deals that have been worked out for a while now (and still ongoing)... but we won't know until next week.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
God I hope Nurse turns out better then that, over the last 4 years of d-men that have played more than 1,000 mins Phanuef is 10th in shots allowed per 60. Of the 9 d-men in front of him 6 are retired or are playing in a lower league (cause that's what typically happens to d-men who allow that many shots against), one is a nobody in Alex Biega, and the other two are Morgan Rielly and Rasmus Ristolainen who played big roles (bigger roles then they should of had) as young men on teams that were predominantly horrible during that time frame.

Playing in Toronto had nothing to do with that... and we'd be extremely lucky if Nurse turns into half the player Phaneuf is.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
I don't like Russell at 4x4 but it's way better than Phaneuf.

Straight up absolutely. But if take Pou and Fayne in return there's gotta be a point where Ottawa would retain enough on Phaneuf to make you do that deal. How much would Ottawa need to retain for that deal to happen?

He really isn't... he was a solid #3 on a conference final team. Russell is a #4/5 dman on a competing team.

Thank you. I'm not saying there's a ton of difference between the two. If the Oilers are really willing to go 4X4 for Russell then why not look at a Phaneuf deal?

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I thought that all the trades wouldn't be announced until right before they announce Vegas' roster?

Realistically all we should be seeing is draft picks to Vegas for future considerations and maybe 1 or 2 small player moves.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
I thought that all the trades wouldn't be announced until right before they announce Vegas' roster?

Realistically all we should be seeing is draft picks to Vegas for future considerations and maybe 1 or 2 small player moves.

That's just the deals involving Vegas. Other teams should be making some expansion related trades before 3pm EST tomorrow. At least that's what is supposed to happen.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
He really isn't... he was a solid #3 on a conference final team. Russell is a #4/5 dman on a competing team.

He was a #3 because Karlsson played half of every game.

Oilers don't have anyone that can shelter Phaneuf like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad