Rumor: Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread: Draft day edition: Pt 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bangers

May 31, 2006
I'm actually glad Chia didn't make that trade. With CMD and Drai due to start taking up a significant amount of our salary cap for the foreseeable future, the team needs to have a pipeline of developed prospects pushing their way onto the team (a la Chicago and Pittsburgh).

Russell, a 1st and 2 2nds > Hamonic IMO.

It does make Chia look pretty bad for accepting almost the same deal for Reinhart though.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
I hope someone in the media has the balls to ask Chia why he wasn't interested in Hamonic

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Hamonic and the Islanders' 4th in 2019 or 2020 for Calgary's 1st and 2nd in 2018 and a 2nd in 2019 or 2020.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
I hope someone in the media has the balls to ask Chia why he wasn't interested in Hamonic

And if he says Snow asked more out of him than what Calgary gave, the forum would still meltdown.

I still think Snow was just being a *****. No sense ever trading with the guy.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
HI8hfY0.png

You'd be willing to trade a 1st and 2 2nds for this guy? He's not much better than Michael Stone! He's definitely not worth it. Just calm yourselves. Ugh the constant whining and *****ing going on...

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada

"Because we weren't willing to pay the asking price of the player involved."

I'm actually glad Chia didn't make that trade. With CMD and Drai due to start taking up a significant amount of our salary cap for the foreseeable future, the team needs to have a pipeline of developed prospects pushing their way onto the team (a la Chicago and Pittsburgh).

Russell, a 1st and 2 2nds > Hamonic IMO.

It does make Chia look pretty bad for accepting almost the same deal for Reinhart though.

This, essentially.

Apathetic

Oct 29, 2010
Downtown
At what point do we trade our first round picks for a good RHS D man?

Should we wait until Connor is making 13 mill a season? That has to be the right time. No point to go for the cup now, while Connor is making peanuts.

Yep. Our best chance to win is next year. At this point I am just blindly hoping Chia has a plan to throw some huge 1 year contracts out to older guys like Thornton and Williams. Maybe with Calgary getting Hamonic they will let Stone go and we can nab him for cheap.

When does the narrative change from other GMs picking on Chia and raising the bids for us compared to other teams, to him just being a bad negotiator?

There seems to be a "wah-wah" patrol on this board these days who won't allow any criticism of Chia(check the draft thread to see), but I think it's a legitimate question.

I have to agree with this. I feel like he could have squeezed a 2nd/3rd with Larsson in the Hall trade, same with the Eberle trade. It may not seem like much but these add up.
Then in his later years in Boston he gave some player friendly contracts, Russel's contract seems to be following that trend giving the guy money term and a NTC to boot it doesn't even seem like he negotiated.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
And if he says Snow asked more out of him than what Calgary gave, the forum would still meltdown.

I hope that's the case because I really don't understand any of this right now...haha

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
the obvious answer, that is staring you in the face, is very often the correct answer as well.... our GM is just an idiot, plain and simple

I don't think he's an idiot. He seems to have a good eye for icing a competitive team. But negotiations sure don't seem to be his strong suit in regards to trades or contracts. Makes it harder to sustain success as he seems to overpay in contracts and get underwhelming return in trades. Eventually you run out of assets/space to improve.

McVirginOil

Jun 30, 2014
HI8hfY0.png

You'd be willing to trade a 1st and 2 2nds for this guy? He's not much better than Michael Stone! He's definitely not worth it. Just calm yourselves. Ugh the constant whining and *****ing going on...

now compare that with Russell

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
HI8hfY0.png

I hear ya. But that's what Hf Oil is: when things aren't going their way, heads need to roll and a **** ton of whining.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Yep. Our best chance to win is next year. At this point I am just blindly hoping Chia has a plan to through some huge 1 year contracts out to older guys like Thornton and Williams. Maybe with Calgary getting Hamonic they will let Stone go and we can nab him for cheap.

I have to agree with this. I feel like he could have squeezed a 2nd/3rd with Larsson in the Hall trade, same with the Eberle trade. It may not seem like much but these add up.
Then in his later years in Boston he gave some player friendly contracts, Russel's contract seems to be following that trend giving the guy money term and a NTC to boot it doesn't even seem like he negotiated.

That's my thought process too. We could get Stone for cheap. Now that Calgary 'replaced' him with the same player, we could make a pitch for him.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
In the last 24 months, The Flames have added 2 top 4 D for a price pretty similar to what we paid for Griffin Reinhart.

We don't have a good GM folks.
Not even close Flames paid 2 1st 3 2nds and a 3rd . They alao have one of the weakest prospect pools out there with a one top scoring line and a old goalie

Glass Eyes

Jan 2, 2017
Chiarelli looks incredibly dumb missing out on Hamonic.

It's concerning. Can he build a championship team around McDavid? I doubt it.

MikeModano9

Oct 27, 2011
Tallahassee

Have we ever won a trade with the Islanders? Im pretty sure we've lost everyone going back to 97 when we traded Mariusz Czerkawski for Dan Lacouture lol

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton

I agree with your last sentence. Chia should never trade with Snow again. He needs to lose his number fast so we stop getting bent over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad