Rumor: Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread: Draft day edition: Pt 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glass Eyes

Jan 2, 2017
I'm more amazed people have the utmost confidence in Peter Chiarelli after the series of moves he's made.

Wheathead

Formally a McRib
Apr 4, 2008
Saskatoon
I have a feeling the ask from the Oilers may have been different because there's a pretty good chance our picks will be later in rounds. It's hard to say, no one really knows with these deals at drafts.

Remember how the ask for Hamilton from us was considerably more than what Sweeney actually got for him from Calgary?

But hey, let's just assume everything Is equal and Chia got hosed... since so many of you hate him because he has the job y'all think you deserve with your "amazing" hockey IQs.

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
How many days till the panic trade from Chia? Just like the ****** Reinhart deal after they got Hamilton?

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
I hope Calgary misses the playoffs next year and wins the draft lottery. That would be gold.

Hemsky is a gangsta

Hemsky is a gangsta
Jun 23, 2004
This looks really good for Calgary on paper, their top 4 is insane.

As an Oilers fan I will hold on to hope for the following:

1. Hamonic doesn't bounce back from his poor year
2. Mike Smith falls apart
3. The Flames narrowly miss playoffs but their pick becomes #1 through lottery
4. Brad Treliving effectively "Mike Gillis"es the Flames by leaving the prospect cupboard bare.

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
I find it hilarious how much more value some fans place on "known" prospects than picks. For example, a number of people are furious that Chiarelli wouldn't move a 1st and two 2nd rounders for Hamonic and yet some of those same people would likely be upset if a similar deal was proposed in a year that involved Yamomoto.

A lot of Flames fans seem satisfied with the deal for Hamonic but they likely would have been really upset if the the deal was Hamonic for Valimaki (1st), Kylington (2nd), and Andersson (2nd).

The reality is that we all fall in love with our prospects and see big futures for them. Picks do hold value, and while Hamonic is a player I like, a 1st and two 2nd rounders is certainly a fairly steep price to pay.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
Flames defence always looks good on paper. Best in the league remember? Let's see how they ACTUALLY perform before anointing them division champs

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Snow's asset management is something to behold.

It truly is, which is why I'm always so frustrated to see Chia trade with him.

Snow is the worst GM in the trade in everything he does except for when he trades with Chiarelli, then he becomes a savant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad