Trade Rumours and Proposals: Part XXXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Boyle would be a solid stop gap, though he will be a dinosaur. I bet he will become available this year or during the summer if SJ doesnt make the playoffs. He would almost assuredly re-sign for a year or so here if he wanted to keep playing since hes from here.

6.66 is too much for a 37 year old Boyle, and they may need cap help looking at capgeek.

They have Clowe, Demers, Murray, Galiardi, Sheppard, and Handzdus to sign with about 10 mil in space. Im sure they will let Murray and Clowe go, but thats still a couple of player to sign, and Demers will most assuredly get a raise.

I gues its not that bad, as most of those guys are RFA's and they are a cap team, though they may try and rebuild / re-tool.

He makes his cap hit in actual salary every year, so now that I think about it, im not as interested. I just assumed actual salary would be like 4 mil or so.

Contract / price to get considered, I'd much rather have Streit.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
I wonder if Lecavalier would be of interest to Murray and what his price would be.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
I wonder if Lecavalier would be of interest to Murray and what his price would be.
No and no. And He's not for sale.

He has a large contract, large caphit, doesn't perform up to it, is ingrained in the city, useful for them, and something we don't need in the slighteset.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002

Sweet Jebus, he has a $7.7 million dollar cap hit until 2020.
he may very well be the very last person in the NHL i'd trade for.

Yokai

Mar 29, 2011
Ottawa
Trade Turris for Hanzal.

Haha I don't think Phoenix wants Turris back. Sometimes you have to look at the team the guy is going to not just the player. It is like people on the main board suggesting trades for Jordan Staal who Carolina just paid a huge price for to play with his brother.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Clowe and Morrow are both washed up, but they would still add some skill / grit to our 2nd or 3rd line. They wouldn't cost much, and I think Clowe is worth it. San Jose is struggling from top to bottom, but Clowe is much better than hes shown this year.

And you're kidding yourself if you think Streit is done. Hes the Islanders 2nd best player imo behind Tavares, and he doesn't really play a physical game that breaks down mid 30 year olds. Its not like we're talking about trading Zbad for him, or giving him a 7 year contract.

Streit would be great on a 2-3 year deal at 4 million imo. That's less than Gonchar, and hes a better player at this stage.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Realistically, Streit could demand 5M on the open market on a 2 or 3 year deal. I'd probably go ahead and sign that deal though. I'm of the opinion we need a very good secondary puck mover behind Karlsson to be a contender. Streit fits the bill and is a stop gap until Ceci and Wiercioch have matured into bonafide top 4 D. Karlsson, Streit, Wiercioch make us a very dangerous team on the backend. Cowen can be dangerous as well.

Boyle might be a better fit though, being a right shot.

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Not to mention Kyle Turris is playing the ********* hockey he has with the Senators to this point.

Lower trade value? Perfect time to trade him!! :sarcasm:

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
Clowe and Morrow are both washed up, but they would still add some skill / grit to our 2nd or 3rd line. They wouldn't cost much, and I think Clowe is worth it. San Jose is struggling from top to bottom, but Clowe is much better than hes shown this year.

And you're kidding yourself if you think Streit is done. Hes the Islanders 2nd best player imo behind Tavares, and he doesn't really play a physical game that breaks down mid 30 year olds. Its not like we're talking about trading Zbad for him, or giving him a 7 year contract.

Streit would be great on a 2-3 year deal at 4 million imo. That's less than Gonchar, and hes a better player at this stage.

Any forward over the age of 29 that is making over $3M isn't likely to ever be wearing a Sens jersey unless they are a sure thing for the top line.

I like what Clowe used to bring, but something has definitely taken his play down a lot.

Streit would be a great fit IMO as well, right handed D that moves the puck well, can run a PP and isn't soft. I like your price as well but if he gets to UFA status he will get overpaid most likely.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Not to mention Kyle Turris is playing the ********* hockey he has with the Senators to this point.

Lower trade value? Perfect time to trade him!! :sarcasm:

i disagree, his last game was one of his best, he's on his way back.

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
Haha I don't think Phoenix wants Turris back. Sometimes you have to look at the team the guy is going to not just the player. It is like people on the main board suggesting trades for Jordan Staal who Carolina just paid a huge price for to play with his brother.

Nah course they don't haha, but me and Hanzi's brother are best buds haha!

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
Streit would definitely be a good fit, but as already mentioned it'll take an overpayment to get him as a UFA. But if the price is anywhere in Gonchar territory then may as well go after the guy.

And to the people (from the previous thread) who still want JayBo, someone a few weeks ago very accurately described him as Kuba 2.0, and we all know how much love Kuba got around here.

wilfred

Jan 13, 2010
New Bunswick
Streit would definitely be a good fit, but as already mentioned it'll take an overpayment to get him as a UFA. But if the price is anywhere in Gonchar territory then may as well go after the guy.

And to the people (from the previous thread) who still want JayBo, someone a few weeks ago very accurately described him as Kuba 2.0, and we all know how much love Kuba got around here.

I think your wrong about Jaybo, he would be perfect for the Sens. That being said I don't think he will be a Senator. I also think that if he is traded I think you will be surprised how much it costs to get him.

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
I think your wrong about Jaybo, he would be perfect for the Sens. That being said I don't think he will be a Senator. I also think that if he is traded I think you will be surprised how much it costs to get him.

Well I agree that he'll cost an arm and a leg, but that being said I was in the minority that actually liked Kuba, aside from his one horrendous season (which was horrendous for the whole team, to be fair).

But really I was trying to emphasize the fact that if Sens fans were down on Kuba, just wait and see how they'd react to JayBo. He'd be everything from "not physical enough" to "not offensive enough" and on and on, especially for the price we would have to pay to get him.

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
I like Streit as a stopgap PP guy while we wait for Ceci, but Corvo will also be available this summer, no? Cheaper, and he's a right-handed shot. Streit is better, but Corvo may be more available. Maybe MacLean can get the best out of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad