Trade Rumours and Proposals: Part XXXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I know that, but as it is right now i don't think our chance our better than teams like Mtl Boston Chicago, we still have a very young core for the playoff. But with all our superstars back in the line up, i totally agree with you. We should have been the best team in the east this year no doubt in my mind... it's so frustrating to never have been able to put a full healty line up.

I agree with what you're saying though. As frustrating as this year has turned out. It could bode unbelievable well for the future because they are winning NOW and getting unbelievable experience.

With that being said, it's Alfredsson's sake that I fear though. I want him to win a cup, this year would have been as good as any. That's why next year I seriously believe we can be very strong contenders and finally get Alfy his cup.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
given our karma, lets hope so.

BM needs to pitch Sustr the idea of playing with EK soooooo hard. it will be like we got Chara back :)

he wouldn't be playing on the same pairing as karlsson though. they are both rhs. maybe that was one of the hidden reasons shultz didn't sign with us, he didn't want to play second fiddle to ek.

Smitty26

Oct 24, 2011
he wouldn't be playing on the same pairing as karlsson though. they are both rhs. maybe that was one of the hidden reasons shultz didn't sign with us, he didn't want to play second fiddle to ek.

shhhhhhhhhh, he doesnt need to know that till after he signs with us!

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I still think Ryan's the answer with Perry out of the possible equation.

Michalek-Spezza-Ryan
Silfverberg-Turris-Zibanejad

Ridiculous top 6 in da future.

Michalek-Spezza-Ryan
Latendresse-Turris-Alfredsson
Condra-Zibanejad-Silfverberg

For first round of the playoffs this year. GOD DAMN.

Bobby Ryan is signed with ANN for another two yrs, why would Ann move him now after signing their other two best players? It's quite likely that they will not re-sign a number of their vets & go with young cheaper players. Selanne, Koivu, Steckle & Lydman would knock about $12.5 mil off the books for next season. IMO they will be able to keep all three big guns.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Sustr and Aneloski play together in college and I wonder if having Aneloski there and as another big, offensive Dman who has had visits from the Sens scouts and staff will help Sustr make his mind up? Would be nice to add him and seeing how college guys like Weircohe and Gryba are getting their NHL shot, it might help away Sustr

Berserker*

PablitoArg, in regards to your other thread that got closed, the Kassian trade doesn't effect what the Sens will do at the deadline. Kassian is a pure enforcer, so he won't be playing in the playoffs. Therefore the Kassian trade won't deter Murray from acquiring Clowe or a similar player.

Actually aside from a top six scorer, grit depth is another area that could use some improvement going into the deadline. Ideally the Senators find away to acquire a gritty top six forward like Stewart, Glencross, Hartnell, Clarkson or Simmonds.

The next best option is to acquire a top six forward and then grab a third line physical player like Clutterbuck or Clowe. Aside from that, if those other players simply cost too much, then the Senators could target some 4th line grit like Matt Martin or PC Labrie.

Berserker*

Sens should stand pat. This isn't the year to go all in.

Murray won't be targeting any player older than 30, so if he makes a trade it will be one that can help us now and in the future.

If we were in a stronger position to contend, then you would see Murray try and make a big trade for a rental.

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Clowe sucks.

Honestly, watch him play this year in SJ. He's terrible. That's an understatement. But his 0 goals could be a huge help to this team.

Berserker*

Clowe sucks.

Honestly, watch him play this year in SJ. He's terrible. That's an understatement. But his 0 goals could be a huge help to this team.

Ya, I've heard that a few times now. Is Clowe really that bad, or has he just regressed a bit?

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
His only use this season is protecting Couture. Papa Bear.
Seriously.

The guy's most frequent linemates this year have been Martin Havlat and Logan Couture. It's inexcusable to have 0 goals. In his last 10 games, his most frequent line mates have been Joe Pavelski and Patrick Marleau.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Clowe is playing hurt this year, I'm sure of it. Dude is going to be ineffective for the rest of the season, then go under the knife in the offseason.

He sucks this year, but it's not because of declining talent.

Berserker*

Pretty much.

Only Morrow has been playing with Eakin and Rielly Smith, who are much less talented than Clowe's linemates.

I'd value Morrow higher, but he's definitely not the same player he was.

I guess that is why San Jose and Dallas are willing to move those guys.

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Clowe is playing hurt this year, I'm sure of it. Dude is going to be ineffective for the rest of the season, then go under the knife in the offseason.

I still think he's done as a 50+ point player.

I think he'll play a couple years as a 35 point player.

Berserker*

If he is injured, then he wouldn't be of much value to this team. The whole point of acquiring a physical player is so that they can wear out the opposition in the playoffs. If Clowe and/or Morrow are too banged up to play that style then it would be in our best interest to look elsewhere.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I still think he's done as a 50+ point player.

I think he'll play a couple years as a 35 point player.

If he is injured, then he wouldn't be of much value to this team. The whole point of acquiring a physical player is so that they can wear out the opposition in the playoffs. If Clowe and/or Morrow are too banged up to play that style then it would be in our best interest to look elsewhere.

Agreed on both counts.

Clowe probably still has 40-50 point potential if he gets 100% healthy, but watching the way he's playing, it's either a knee thing or a hip thing, and there's no guarantee he ever gets 100% healthy from those types of injuries. A bad hip can be a death sentence for an NHL player.

Berserker*

So what's the consensus on Mike Cammalleri? would he be a good target at the trade deadline?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad