Trade Rumours and Proposals: Part XXXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berserker*

No he isnt ,he is always around the puck and makes smart plays with it ,i hope we extend him.He remindsme of the last player to wear number 22:nod:

Ya he is. He's already 27 and he likely doesn't have that much more room to grow. He's a solid defensive bottom sixer but he is expendable. Players like him aren't all that hard to come by,

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
Surprisingly, Bryzgalov hasn't been the reason the Flyers suck. He's actually been pretty solid this season, and with how long is left on his contract they'll try and make it work.

They need better D, that's what they need.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Ya he is. He's already 27 and he likely doesn't have that much more room to grow. He's a solid defensive bottom sixer but he is expendable. Players like him aren't all that hard to come by,
He will be cheap ,has chemistry with the team and is a very smart player he has value

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
I think your right but I wouldn't like to see a D like Cowen get traded.

If we had to move Cowen I personally think it would have to be for a center.

We don't need centres, we need wingers. We shouldn't be trading Cowen unless we get an amazing deal.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
Ya he is. He's already 27 and he likely doesn't have that much more room to grow.
He doesn't need to grow. Condra is great. They are easily found during free agency, but they get overpaid because they are useful players that you need.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
He doesn't need to grow. Condra is great. They are easily found during free agency, but they get overpaid because they are useful players that you need.
:handclap:Yep Condra has been one of our better all around guys this season

Berserker*

Surprisingly, Bryzgalov hasn't been the reason the Flyers suck. He's actually been pretty solid this season, and with how long is left on his contract they'll try and make it work.

They need better D, that's what they need.

Has he played better this year? I wasn't aware of that.

We could still trade them Gonchar and/or Lundin though.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
We could use an upgrade,when you look at a team like boston its pretty easy to see that having too many isnt a bad thing

With Spezza hurt, we obviously could use help, but in the long term we have

Spezza
Turris
Zibanejad
Smith
O'Brien
Regin

We are much thinner on the wing, especially when you conside Alfie isn't going to play much longer.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
With Spezza hurt, we obviously could use help, but in the long term we have

Spezza
Turris
Zibanejad
Smith
O'Brien
Regin

We are much thinner on the wing, especially when you conside Alfie isn't going to play much longer.
I agree the depth appears to be there,but if we could pinch another more proven player down the middle i wouldnt mind

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
I agree the depth appears to be there,but if we could pinch another more provem player down the middle i wouldnt mind

Sure, but at what cost? I think our strenghts are up the middle and in goal. I think we need wingers and defenceman more.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Sure, but at what cost? I think our strenghts are up the middle and in goal. I think we need wingers and defenceman more.
The way i see it is better centers make average wingers look good ,we will get a winger soon BM is going to make that happen,we only have two more season to make hay while spezza is still a sen .I dont think we will resign him at 31 with a bad back

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
He would have to finish his checks more to be a perfect third liner. He only had 16 hits last year.

He has played well so far but at his age and with his limited upside, he is expendable.

Hits have nothing to do with being a perfect 3rd liner.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
But if Cowen went we would need defenseman so it robbing Peter to pay Paul or whatever.

We'll hopefully get a winger in stone and maybe if we're lucky a guy like prince will develope into a decent winger or someone similar.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Condra is expendable in the sense that we can afford to lose him. It is not that he doesn't have value, he just doesn't have irreplaceable value.
Condra is cheap and will remain cheap ,also he plays a big role in defensive situations ,while he is replaceable it would cost us more more money and at the added disadvantage of the new player not having the same chemistry with the team.Lundin and Gonch are plug defensemen

arglebargle

Feb 27, 2008
Deadline Deal

To Edmonton: Bishop G & Condra RW
To Ottawa: Hemsky RW

I'd do that deal in a heartbeat, but I doubt Edmonton would. They've already got a pretty good young goalie in Dubnyk and Khabibulin's been very good this year.

I'm guessing it would take something like Ceci/Cowen and a 1st to pry Hemsky out of there.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I'd do that deal in a heartbeat, but I doubt Edmonton would. They've already got a pretty good young goalie in Dubnyk and Khabibulin's been very good this year.

I'm guessing it would take something like Ceci/Cowen and a 1st to pry Hemsky out of there.
Yeah no.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
But if Cowen went we would need defenseman so it robbing Peter to pay Paul or whatever.

We'll hopefully get a winger in stone and maybe if we're lucky a guy like prince will develope into a decent winger or someone similar.
Iam thinking we sign one in FA we have a ton of cash ,and when healthy provide an attractive landing spot for a winger.Spezza and EK are just begging for a sniper.Players and agents look at teams for fit before they sign long term deals

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
Iam thinking we sign one in FA we have a ton of cash ,and when healthy provide an attractive landing spot for a winger.Spezza and EK are just begging for a sniper.Players and agents look at teams for fit before they sign long term deals

yeah i think that's a good point. after what I've seen this season I wouldn't mind Semin, and i think with the what this team is showing it may catch the attention of FA especially with Karlsson spezza andy and stache here.

i think Murray will go hard for Perry though assuming he's goes on the market.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
Spezza might not have a top winger, but I'm glad he has Karlsson now. He no longer has to carry the puck up the ice the entire game, especially on the pp. And he can pass to someone competent who knows what to do with the puck.

Berserker*

Condra is a smart defensive minded player who is solid on the PK. He isn't a top defensive player though; you won't see him shutting down the Crosby's, Malkin's and Stamkos of this league. He isn't even being used to shutdown the top line of the opposition on this team.

arglebargle

Feb 27, 2008
I wonder what the flames would want for Bouwmeester and Cammalleri. They can't really carry a team by themselves but Cammalleri would fit in our top 6 as a winger (pretty sure he can play wing) and we'd have a pretty darn good second pairing with Bouwmeester and Cowen.

Obviously the price would have to be right, but since their contracts are pretty bad, maybe we could get them for a 3rd and a couple of guys like Grant, Dziurzynski or Gryba.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce