Speculation: Trade Rumors/Speculation Thread Part VII: Shake Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
No thanks. Not getting the love for E. Kane.
5jISK8o.gif

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
It's his 5th year and he's on pace for 40 points. He's also a winger, which, right now, is less of a need than center. Why are we giving up a huge package to get this guy again? Let's just keep adding underachieving malcontents, it'll work well this time!!

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
It's his 5th year and he's on pace for 40 points. He's also a winger, which, right now, is less of a need than center. Why are we giving up a huge package to get this guy again? Let's just keep adding underachieving malcontents, it'll work well this time!!
That's a huge package?

He's been hurt this year. These 26 games don't wipe out the previous 120 for me.

beef 4 lunch

Jan 24, 2011

I understand you point about him being a winger but Underachieving malcontent? Huh?

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
I agree with BB. If the Rangers are putting together a significant package I would much prefer it be for a young center. Most important position when building a team, IMO.

I do like Kane. Not a knock on him.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Underachieving malcontent? Huh?

On pace for 40pts, and there have been numerous reports of him not exactly being the model teammate.

I have never been enamored with Kane. Very talented player with size and speed, I think that physical package leads people to believe he has this sky high, PPG potential when, in reality, he'll likely be a 30 goal, 60pt guy throughout his prime.

I'm not adverse to trading for Kane, but I think MDZ/Zucc/1st is a pretty big package. Also have grown reluctant to moving DZ with the Staal issues.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Again. What are the merits to bringing Kane into the fold?

Please. Someone tell me, besides raw talent.

Have our problems not stemmed from a poor locker room these last 2 years? Lack of depth? Poor defensive playing?

Kane purportedly has a negative locker room stigma. We lose even more depth bringing him in. And he doesn't play much defense.

So... trade the farm for him and include the kids if it seals the deal? Amirite?
I'd say goal scoring has been much more of a problem than the locker room

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
That's a huge package?

He's been hurt this year. These 26 games don't wipe out the previous 120 for me.

hes got a career high of 57 points and is on pace for less than that this year. when is he going to develop into a consistent and productive 1st line forward? hes got a caphit over 5m and hasnt played like a 5m player throughout his career.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
hes got a career high of 57 points and is on pace for less than that this year. when is he going to develop into a consistent and productive 1st line forward? hes got a caphit over 5m and hasnt played like a 5m player throughout his career.

He's also had those ticky tacky injuries every season like Cally, and he's only 22. That adds up.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
I'm not suggesting moving heaven and earth for Kane, but for that package? Come on...

BarbaraAlphanse

I'm not suggesting moving heaven and earth for Kane, but for that package? Come on...

What if our first turns out to be top 5? Honest question. Seems pretty steep for him, in particular, when we could have had that top 5 pick.

BarbaraAlphanse

if we are moving our 1st, del zotto, and zuccarello i want something better than an inconsistent LW with a 5m+ cap hit.

As much as I love Zucarello, the real bad part of that deal is the 1st. This year, we look like we're headed in the top 10 region, maybe worse.

Loaded draft. Can't give that away for a position we don't need.

beef 4 lunch

Jan 24, 2011
As much as I love Zucarello, the real bad part of that deal is the 1st. This year, we look like we're headed in the top 10 region, maybe worse.

Loaded draft. Can't give that away for a position we don't need.

Don't need? Bit of an overstatement. Left wing is very weak. Amoung the weakest in the league.

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
You guys know I said our 2015 1st, right? The way it's looking right now I wouldn't move our 2014 1st for anything.

Any there's no shot in h-e- double hockey sticks that WPG takes that proposal. I can't believe some of you actually wouldn't at least consider that deal

Emptyvoid

Apr 11, 2009
Honestly, the rangers sucking right now might be the best thing to happen to the franchise in years. We need to be completely out of the playoffs by the deadline, so far behind that Sather has to sell. Unload the unnecessary pieces and the old core that are no longer cutting it (girardi, callahan and all other dead weight) Get a top five pick, get a god damn #1 center.

Three years from now, if this season is truly one where we suck terribly, we'll look back and say this was the start of the ship being righted.

Bullseyes

Aug 16, 2013
You guys know I said our 2015 1st, right? The way it's looking right now I wouldn't move our 2014 1st for anything.

Any there's no shot in h-e- double hockey sticks that WPG takes that proposal. I can't believe some of you actually wouldn't at least consider that deal

I wouldn't trade a chance (however small) at drafting McDavid.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
So now that Boyle is a 4th line C can they move him to a team that thinks he's good. Get an energy player for him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad