Speculation: Trade Rumors/Speculation Thread Part VII: Shake Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

RangersHank*

I'm not even suggesting we try to trade for him, I just fail to see how unless we acquire 54 players that are jack of all trades and can lead everybody we will be mediocre. He essentially wants a whole team of Jonathan Toews'.

Well i dont want him because of what it will cost us. Screw his leadership, nobody knows if he can lead or not. Im worried about the cost

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Well i dont want him because of what it will cost us. Screw his leadership, nobody knows if he can lead or not. Im worried about the cost

Which is completely valid.

Unlike "he doesn't lead, Winnipeg's never won anything, more loser culture" as if his team somehow invalidates his performances as a player.

However, I'm not sure Kane would be THAT expensive. He'd cost a very nice penny, but not one that'd cripple this franchise, methinks.

RangersHank*

Which is completely valid.

Unlike "he doesn't lead, Winnipeg's never won anything, more loser culture" as if his team somehow invalidates his performances as a player.

However, I'm not sure Kane would be THAT expensive. He'd cost a very nice penny, but not one that'd cripple this franchise, methinks.

I dont listen to that ********. People see him play, they have no idea who the kid is, please.

What kind of package do you think he would cost?

theFiGS

Oct 13, 2013
I dont listen to that ********. People see him play, they have no idea who the kid is, please.

What kind of package do you think he would cost?

One of Callahan/kreider and one of staal/Girardi/dz + a prospect. Maybe Callahan dz 2nd/fast?

BarbaraAlphanse

I fail to see how an insanely talented 22 year old will set this franchise back. Leadership or no leadership.

Just like people ***** that Hank can't win this team a Stanley cup, one guy can't get Winnipeg into the playoffs.

No one's arguing that he's a damn superstar, but he's what this team needs. He scores and works hard, something we're really scarce on. So does everybody have to be Jonathan Toews on this team? Give me a ****ing break.

Leadership is so ****ing overvalued with players its horrendous. You have NO proof Kane is a lockerroom cancer, no proof he can't lead. All of this post is baseless garbage.

You need leadership. Period.

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on...peg-seems-to-have-a-problem-with-evander-kane

You want to bring that to NY? He has that sense of entitlement in Winnipeg... and you want to bring that to ****ing NY?

Not only is he not a leader, he refuses to listen to the leaders. Our locker room is already ****.

We play in a league where talent is far from the most important thing.

We have absolutely 0 need for him on this team. He will set us back. Both in what we have to pay him in prospects, players, and picks, and in creating the identity we need.

He fits no bill besides talent. So what, he can fight when someone is bugging him. Is he willing to do that consistently for team mates? Is he willing to listen to the coaches and team mates? Is he willing to sacrifice for the betterment of the team?

I have a lot more evidence supporting that he's a **** off the ice and in the locker room than you have to support that he isn't. All I read is he's 22 and has a lot of talent... You don't trade players like that if you're an organization. They want him out. He can be someone elses problem. Keyword: Problem.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
You need leadership. Period.

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on...peg-seems-to-have-a-problem-with-evander-kane

You want to bring that to NY? He has that sense of entitlement in Winnipeg... and you want to bring that to ****ing NY?

Not only is he not a leader, he refuses to listen to the leaders. Our locker room is already ****.

We play in a league where talent is far from the most important thing.

We have absolutely 0 need for him on this team. He will set us back. Both in what we have to pay him in prospects, players, and picks, and in creating the identity we need.

He fits no bill besides talent. So what, he can fight when someone is bugging him. Is he willing to do that consistently for team mates? Is he willing to listen to the coaches and team mates? Is he willing to sacrifice for the betterment of the team?

I have a lot more evidence supporting that he's a **** off the ice and in the locker room than you have to support that he isn't. All I read is he's 22 and has a lot of talent... You don't trade players like that if you're an organization. They want him out. He can be someone elses problem. Keyword: Problem.

Based on what does WPG wanna trade him? The Fourth Period? They're the National Enquirer of the hockey world.

The Vegas thing was stupid, but it's Vegas. If he was a regular guy doing that everyone would think it's funny.

The dining and dashing, I have to admit, I don't understand one bit.

They also point to a trend. Kane isn't very coachable. On or off the ice. He's a talent. But he's also a problem -- there's no disputing that.

Gary Lawless writes that but literally adds nothing to back it up. No evidence that he's "uncoachable" (lets also factor in that Claude Noel comes off as a huge ***** and has a history of player mismanagement, see Burmistrov).

I haven't heard a single complaint about Kane in the media since this article, by the way. He's 22, he has room to grow up.

We're spoiled by players that weren't problems as young players. Just because he doesn't lead, doesn't mean he hurts the team.

BarbaraAlphanse

Again. What are the merits to bringing Kane into the fold?

Please. Someone tell me, besides raw talent.

Have our problems not stemmed from a poor locker room these last 2 years? Lack of depth? Poor defensive playing?

Kane purportedly has a negative locker room stigma. We lose even more depth bringing him in. And he doesn't play much defense.

So... trade the farm for him and include the kids if it seals the deal? Amirite?

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Who replaces the defensemen lost? Callahan i'm fine with. Who replaces the D

I'm pretty sure Slats doesn't trade more than one defenseman.

Depending on who it is, is how they're replaced. If it's Girardi (hell, if Girardi isn't traded even) I want Phaneuf signed. If it's Staal, keep DZ and put him at 2nd pair LHD. If it's DZ, bring up Conor Allen, or pursue another PMD.

It creates somewhat of a hole but Kane is just too good to pass up.

This franchise needs a gamebreaking talent in the worst way.

BarbaraAlphanse

Based on what does WPG wanna trade him? The Fourth Period? They're the National Enquirer of the hockey world.

The Vegas thing was stupid, but it's Vegas. If he was a regular guy doing that everyone would think it's funny.

The dining and dashing, I have to admit, I don't understand one bit.

Gary Lawless writes that but literally adds nothing to back it up. No evidence that he's "uncoachable" (lets also factor in that Claude Noel comes off as a huge ***** and has a history of player mismanagement, see Burmistrov).

I haven't heard a single complaint about Kane in the media since this article, by the way. He's 22, he has room to grow up.

We're spoiled by players that weren't problems as young players. Just because he doesn't lead, doesn't mean he hurts the team.

Who cares about the Vegas picture. The article mentions it as a starting point.

More alarming is the reported:1) Lack of coachability. 2) Lack of a sense of team. 3) Sense of entitlement.

Doesn't listen to the leadership of the team? Are you ****ing kidding? He's 21 at the time of the article. Who the **** is he to come into a team and dictate how things are run?

You think he'll mature in NY? Lol. Good luck with that.

Not only is he not leadership material, he's the antithesis of the word. He does what he wants, when he wants. Is that the type of example our f.o wants set?

RangersHank*

I'm pretty sure Slats doesn't trade more than one defenseman.

Depending on who it is, is how they're replaced. If it's Girardi (hell, if Girardi isn't traded even) I want Phaneuf signed. If it's Staal, keep DZ and put him at 2nd pair LHD. If it's DZ, bring up Conor Allen, or pursue another PMD.

It creates somewhat of a hole but Kane is just too good to pass up.

This franchise needs a gamebreaking talent in the worst way.

But can you give me a package? Lol please?

BarbaraAlphanse

But can you give me a package? Lol please?

Package?

Starting point best prospect: I guess that's Kreider? Miller? McIlrath?
Next: 1st round pick.
Next: A team-controlled, affordable, promising young player. Hagelin?

So most likely: Kreider/Miller, Hagelin, 1st round pick

Is that worth it?

RangersHank*

Package?

Starting point best prospect: I guess that's Kreider? Miller? McIlrath?
Next: 1st round pick.
Next: A team-controlled, affordable, promising young player. Hagelin?

So most likely: Kreider/Miller, Hagelin, 1st round pick

Is that worth it?

Read my posts, i dont want him because we will lose even more depth

NYGBleedBlueNYR

Mar 16, 2010
Theoretically trading Cally, Girardi, Boyle, & Moore plus any junk throw ins like Pouliot, Pyatt etc would probably net us 2 1sts & 2nds total.

5 picks in the top 60(including likely top 10,possibly top 5) *could* change the direction of the franchise.

Couple that with possible trades of MDZ/Staal/Stralman &/or Brassard.

We could reap a lot of young &/or future assets.

The "rebuild" could be fairly quick.

Just my $.02

BarbaraAlphanse

Theoretically trading Cally, Girardi, Boyle, & Moore plus any junk throw ins like Pouliot, Pyatt etc would probably net us 2 1sts & 2nds total.

5 picks in the top 60(including likely top 10,possibly top 5) *could* change the direction of the franchise.

Couple that with possible trades of MDZ/Staal/Stralman &/or Brassard.

We could reap a lot of young &/or future assets.

The "rebuild" could be fairly quick.

Just my $.02

Can't trade all those players for just draft picks.

You need to keep some of them for the transition too, otherwise it is a full tilt rebuild that will take a lot of time.

Girardi could get a 1st and a top 3 prospect.
Boyle could get you a 2nd.
Moore maybe a 4th or 5th.

No one wants P and P.

Girardi should be traded. His value is high. He's walking unless Sather drops a deuce.

Keep Boyle. He's a heart and soul guy. He'll come cheap. We need him to anchor that 4th line once we develop some balance.

Trade Moore for a 4th. Why not.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
It's late, I went crazy, this will never happen, but so awesome.

Trade Staal, Miller, NYR 1st to EDM for Eberle and EDM 1st.

Trade Girardi and Callahan to COL(Where they will resign) for O'Reilly, Mcginn and Barrie

Trade Boyle, Brassard (Salary Retained), 2nd to Chicago for their 1st and Jeremy Morin.

Trade D. Moore for a 2nd.

Trade MDZ to San Jose for Tennyson and a 2nd.

Sign Ott, Nikitin and (Don't hate me) Thornton.

CAPGEEK.COM ARMCHAIR GM ROSTER
CapGeek Armchair GM Roster
FORWARDS
Chris Kreider ($2.750m) / Derek Stepan ($3.075m) / Rick Nash ($7.800m)
Ryan O'Reilly ($5.500m) / Joe Thornton ($6.500m) / Jordan Eberle ($6.000m)
Carl Hagelin ($2.250m) / Steve Ott ($3.200m) / Mats Zuccarello ($2.150m)
Jamie McGinn ($2.150m) / Oscar Lindberg ($0.675m) / Derek Dorsett ($1.633m)
Jeremy Morin ($1.250m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Ryan McDonagh ($4.700m) / Anton Stralman ($3.000m)
Nikita Nikitin ($2.750m) / Tyson Barrie ($1.750m)
John Moore ($1.650m) / Dylan McIlrath ($0.703m)
Matt Tennyson ($1.375m)
GOALTENDERS
Henrik Lundqvist ($8.500m)
Cameron Talbot ($0.563m)
BUYOUTS
Wade Redden ($0.000m)
Brad Richards ($0.000m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(estimations for 2014-15)
SALARY CAP: $71,100,000; CAP PAYROLL: $69,924,167; BONUSES: $676,667
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $1,175,833

Go into the Draft with two Firsts, two Seconds, and in hopes that the EDM first is a high pick (3rd overall if we went by standings as of today). I don't like how slow Thornton is, or his age, but at a reasonable term (3 years is a dream) the man can still put up points. Don't have to bother with him though, Save 6.5 Million on the cap, Swap ROR back to center with Hagelin slotting into 2LW, Morin to 3LW. Faceoffs should improve overall. Gain a lot of Youth, Size and bite with that lineup. Multiple high draft picks along with prospects from the trades replenishes pipeline and causes a bit more competition for NHL roster spots.

Disclaimer: It really is late, I'm tired, and I still understand that this is an absolutely ridiculous post that will never happen (I channeled my inner Bern), but it's indicative of the type of direction I'd like to see the team go in, getting bigger, stronger, younger with more offense littered throughout the entire lineup, rather than just one line. Sacrificing some of the super strong defensive play we've been known for past few years for a slightly more offensive blue line with speed and the ability to jump up into plays with more regularity, while still being relatively sound in their own end.

The bold is a noble pursuit of the underline.

You, too, can think outside the box.
We all can.
And

ya know ya wanna!

beef 4 lunch

Jan 24, 2011
I have no problem including our 1st in a package for Kane. I would hope whomever we pick in the first round turns into Kane in maybe 3-5 years. Enough with this locker room cancer crap and losing atmosphere garbage. It's all conjecture and I can give you as many examples to prove it.

BarbaraAlphanse

I have no problem including our 1st in a package for Kane. I would hope whomever we pick in the first round turns into Kane in maybe 3-5 years. Enough with this locker room cancer crap and losing atmosphere garbage. It's all conjecture and I can give you as many examples to prove it.

Please give us examples.

NYGBleedBlueNYR

Mar 16, 2010
Can't trade all those players for just draft picks.

You need to keep some of them for the transition too, otherwise it is a full tilt rebuild that will take a lot of time.

Girardi could get a 1st and a top 3 prospect.
Boyle could get you a 2nd.
Moore maybe a 4th or 5th.

No one wants P and P.

Girardi should be traded. His value is high. He's walking unless Sather drops a deuce.

Keep Boyle. He's a heart and soul guy. He'll come cheap. We need him to anchor that 4th line once we develop some balance.

Trade Moore for a 4th. Why not.

I never said only draft picks would be returned in the trades. I guess I should've been more specific.

beef 4 lunch

Jan 24, 2011
Please give us examples.

There are a lot of quality players that play for franchises which for one reason or another have won the cup. Are they destined to remain losers their entire careers too? Are serious in asking "what has he done in his career?" He's a young talented guy at the start of a promising career. What do you expect him to have done? Norris trophy? Hart? Conn Smythe? Well, we aren't getting those guys for our UFA's.

Sorry to disagree with your dissertation on why Kane would ruin the rangers, but did you even read the article that you keep linking to?

Here is good part :

"The problem with the Jets isn't Evander Kane or his off-ice shenanigans. The problem with the Jets is they don't have enough players like Evander Kane on the ice.

He's good. Really good."

And then there's the part that talks about all the negative rumors being "friend of a friend" BS.

Now before you go making character assessments on a 21 year old guy for partying in Las Vegas, you may want to consider that I would do the same thing if if we're him.....and I'm a hell of a guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad