Speculation: Trade Rumors/Speculation Thread Part II (Mod warning post #861)

Status
Not open for further replies.

StepansLabyrinth

Rational Police
Jul 2, 2009
Would anyone be interested in Brian Campbell if this team was making a playoff push? Assuming Florida eats some salary. I'd love him, one of the most underrated d-men in the league.

The contract would be nearly impossible to fit in. Campbell's been a great player for a long time but there's no way he'd work with the cap. If his cap hit was 5 instead of 7+, it'd be something worth looking into.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Mika Z would be a wicked right handed shooting LW'er for this team.

as for the offer, I would be OK with that package as much as I would like to see Kristo on the Rangers.

Getting Mika would be a big addition.

Kreider - Stepan - Nash
Hagelin - Richards - Pouliot
Zibanejad - Brassard - Callahan
Boyle - Miller - Dorsett

dangerous

Yeah, Kristo seems to be doing an awsome job for HFD and he is a good prospect, I don't think he needs to put anything together or really add some ability, but he will need to just turn the ship in a bit diffrent direction and learn to play a more effective game in a smaller role. That is never easy, but the odds are enough to bet on for sure.

But, if we could add Zinbanejad we get a heck of a log-jam anyway and Ottawa would get a forward that gives them depth and a good D.

Anyway, its quite possible that Ottawa wouldn't be that interested in a D like someone said above which makes the point mute.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
The scoring by committee approach works for boston. It took the Rangers a bit to get on track defensively. I don't think we have really seen yet what this team is capable of offensively. We'll have a better idea of what we need once Cally and Nash get going again. No matter how good a player is, or how good a line is, they can be shut down in the playoffs. We've seen it happen many times. That's when we need goals from our bottom 6 and our defense.

How many goals did the devils' 4th line score against us 2 years ago? How many did boston's 4th line score against us last year? Look at what boston did to pittsburgh last year. Yeah, chicago won it all and they have some very high end players, but they also have a lot of depth. They don't win the cup last year without guys like Bickell, Frolik and Shaw.

We do not have a Krejci or a Bergeron. For that matter we don't have a Lucic either.

For all of the comparissons to the Bruins, the only real comparable is in style.

And while I get that it takes solid bottom 6 scoring to get far in the PO's, those guys are not really all that effective when the top guys are pedestrian.

The Devils had Parise, Kovalchuk and Elias. Those guys were drawing the tougher match-ups defensively. We had a fading Richards and a one armed Gaborik.....THAT"S IT

When your bottom 6 guys (the more defensive minded guys) and busy shutting down opposing teams top players, it doesn't leave much time for scoring. And when your top guy is a shell and your big FA acquisition has NO ONE ELSE, you become an easy team to play against.

regarding the Hawks bottom 6 guys, they would not be nearly as effective as they were if they didn't have Toews, Kane, Hossa and Sharp. Bickell seems to have come crashing back to earth. Frolik looks to be having a resurgance of sorts out in Winnipeg and I am a big fan of Shaw. Love that he's followed up a solid playoffs and showing that his 23 points in 37 games during the 11-12 season was no fluke.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Chicago and Detroit like hard working skill guys. Both of those teams believe in the AHL as a prime developing ground. Duncan Keith spent 2 full seasons in the AHL. Its a simple formula. Keep your picks. Scout. Draft. Develop. Its not complicated. Sometimes you need a little patience. Edmonton finishes last and gets high picks. Then they sign those players to 7 year contracts worth over $40M before their entry level contracts are over. That's not a winning formula. Buffalo gave Myers a ridiculous contract. Then Pegulla decides to sign Ehrhoff and Leino to big contracts. Buffalo is the worst team in the league and its not close.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Winnipeg has the 26th ranked power play. Its barely above 10%. 10.6%.

The Rangers are 12th at 20.9%.

VAN is 28th at 9.6% with the Sedin twins and Kesler. How is Vancouver below 10% with that talent? Tortorella left his PP expertise in Buffalo.

Remember when Souray was the answer to the Rangers PP in 2009-10 when he had zero power play goals at the time his name was being mentioned. That big shot from the point. Nothing.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/teamstats.ht...l&sort=powerPlayPercentage&viewName=powerPlay

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Forget about Buff and co.

We really need a PPQB. But we should go after a young kid that can grow into the role. A right shooting Troey Krug. There are many out there with a ton of offensive talent, but needs a position to play in. These kids develop when they get to play for better teams, look for Krug in Boston. A kid like that never makes it playing for like Columbus, or Florida, or any grinding hard pressed teams. You need to be able to let them play to their strengths, then they take of like Krug.

We haven't had a PPQB since Leetch, not even remotely. Poti? We have much depth in other areas, and I see -- no -- reason for us to not make a side-ways deals with those assets for a young right shooting PPQB that we can groom and ease in behind Girardi and Strålman. I mean, I love Miller, Moore, Fast, Lindberg, Kristo, I think we will miss 1st round picks if we start moving them, but what is the argument to at least move when asset with potential for another asset a little further ahead with potential to become that PPQB we have missed? And it is REALISTIC to hope to find someone. These guys are more environment, opertunity etc then any other position. Rafalski in NJ, there are so many examples. Its not like looking for our Crosby II in other teams rejects, its the opposite.

David Rundblad is caught in a great log-jam in PHX. They have 3 D's who got more than 10 pts already, that would rank 1, 2 and 3 in scoring for us. He isn't getting much of a shot there. Watch his highlights at nhl.com, look at his game-log when he scores points and search out those plays in the old game highlights. He can run a PP in the NHL, no doubt about it. Is he good defensively, no, but who cares. We have Girardi and Strålman, we have McIlrath in the ranks. Rundblad is getting better and better defensively, what he needs is a PP to run and OEL owns that PP in PHX.

Ryan Murphy in Carolina got so much talent. Had he played for a better team, he would really raise some eye browns. Now he isn't allowed to play to his strengths. He is the type of kid who you can play a perfect defense against, but he has the ability to just blow it open. These D's who can challenge forecheckers and organized D's on a play by play basis are the future of the game. Id give up a ton to get him.

How good is Ryan Ellis in Nashville? I haven't seen much of him, but on paper he might fit the bill.

We won't find what we aren't looking for. Maloney got us "Hank", nobody else. Maloney made it clear to everyone that NYR needed a strong goaltender to get some consitency. A few 1st rounders, a few trades and UFA signings later, Hank fell into his lap. We would have looked until we found our Hank. Its time to get a PPQB and an offensive punch from the blueline. We could strike and miss a few times, but I don't see the point while looking at our depth chart to like hang on to a forward with 2-3 line potential if that is the price to get an equally good young right shooting offensive minded D. And we have the team to develop that kid on. A PP that we just can hand over to that kid.

cd211

Feb 6, 2010
New York, NY
B]There are many out there with a ton of offensive talent, but needs a position to play in.[/B]

we have him his name is Michael Del Zotto.. kid is 23 years old.. I am all for trading him but not for these prospect type players.. if hes traded hell be traded for an under 30 year old player with experience that would either be a top 6 or top 4 dman that needs a change of scenery..

He has all the skill in the world i wont write him off yet..but i feel its up to the coaches to put him in a position to succeed (LD) but time will tell..

BarbaraAlphanse

Winnipeg has the 26th ranked power play. Its barely above 10%. 10.6%.

The Rangers are 12th at 20.9%.

VAN is 28th at 9.6% with the Sedin twins and Kesler. How is Vancouver below 10% with that talent? Tortorella left his PP expertise in Buffalo.

Remember when Souray was the answer to the Rangers PP in 2009-10 when he had zero power play goals at the time his name was being mentioned. That big shot from the point. Nothing.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/teamstats.ht...l&sort=powerPlayPercentage&viewName=powerPlay

Trade Del Ziti to his beloved Torts for Kess.

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
Please stay far away from Big Buff. He's lazy, slow, and sucks at defense. Sure he can helps us offensively but that's not the kind of offensive defenseman we need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad