Speculation: Trade Rumors/Speculation Part IX: Dubinsky, Rozsival and a 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Todd Harvey was injured when he was traded to the Rangers. i think they can if the other team knows about the injury and is ok with the trade depending on the other pieces involved. does anyone know the rule on this?

Yep, was corrected earlier in the thread. It's ok as long as the injury is disclosed.

Why? Allen has a higher cap hit.

edit: nevermind, I thought you meant eating some of Girardi's contract.

Yep, you got it. The Rangers take some salary back and get a serviceable 2nd pairing minute eater.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
I've had the trade board running auto-refresh on my laptop since the first Dagoon tweet earlier today.

I am disappoint.

Trades, pls

slipknottin

Apr 11, 2011
CT
What would it take to get Jaskin from the blues? He's the perfect 3rd/4th liner right now with a ton of upside

If they could get Reaves too. Have the makings of a terrific bottom 6

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
That OTT rumor better be horse manure. Hagelins missed a month and ... OTT needs to move money off their team, and don't seem to mind paying premiums. ... I think the Rangers should look to make trades with WPG, MIN, and CHI. Both as sellers and buyers. .... Boyle to Chicago to replace Handzus. Grab one of CHI's prospects in Rockford. Danault, or McNeil. Throw in a pick with Boyle to get it done. Let Boyler play for a winning team and cash out. Guy has given you his all, and if you aren't going to sign him, then be fair to the athlete and give him a chance to win. He's a good guy, and a valuable asset. Don't just throw him away.

Boyle to Chicago is a good fit.
I've said BB's value is late 1st, and 2014 Hawks 1st qualifies. THAT is the deal for Boyle I do.

However, they are disappointed in McNeil, a mid 1st we looked at before correctly selecting Miller.
They are not disappointed to give Miller away, but they will discount him. My ballpark feeling I think they were saying they wanted a 2nd, a 2nd +.

Separate and apart from Boyle for Chitown 2014 1st, do McNeil for guaranteed third, plus 5th in 2015 which could be upgraded to additional third IF McNeil ____________ (meets certain targets, fill in the blank).

It's not like Dylan Olsen is available anymore:naughty::sarcasm::D:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Don't see how Nash would fit with San Jose or Ottawa. Ottawa has an internal budget and they're trying to cut salary, plus Nash refused a trade there before, so why would he change his mind now? San Jose has Burns lined up with Thornton and a lethal top-six already in place.

Nash hasn't played well, so I'm sure the Rangers have tried to gauge his value around the league, but I doubt he'll be moved anytime soon.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
I wonder how much Boyle will literally crap his pants in sheer joy if he gets traded to the Hawks. From struggle to legit cup contender instantly

theFiGS

Oct 13, 2013
Don't see how Nash would fit with San Jose or Ottawa. Ottawa has an internal budget and they're trying to cut salary, plus Nash refused a trade there before, so why would he change his mind now? San Jose has Burns lined up with Thornton and a lethal top-six already in place.

Nash hasn't played well, so I'm sure the Rangers have tried to gauge his value around the league, but I doubt he'll be moved anytime soon.

San Jose wanted him before we got him. Their gm must have a thing for the guy I just don't see it happening. We'd really luck out if we can unload Nash for some value though

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas

I think Nash may be a lot more open minded about where he would go now; he thought he was demanding a trade to a team that was one game away from the SCF and instead found out we're as mediocre as it gets and going to fight to even be a playoff team. The fairy tale of choosing a dream destination is long past. He also has a new idea about how he feels about a market like NY.

Moreover, I don't think he actually has a say anymore. I don't recall our management saying they would honor his NTC after he waived it for us the first time.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
By default, the SPC does not have an explicit condition in it that states that the NTC/NMC is voided upon a trade. Thus, generally a trade does not void a player's NTC/NMC unless the player voluntarily agrees to waive it for the duration of the contract.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
San Jose wanted him before we got him. Their gm must have a thing for the guy I just don't see it happening. We'd really luck out if we can unload Nash for some value though

That was also before Burns was moved to forward and Hertl broke onto the scene like a seasoned veteran. Plus Howson was hell-bent on getting Couture from San Jose, so the deal was never going to happen.

Nash would still have a lot of value around the league, but he still holds the cards with his NMC/NTC, and the Rangers would have to take back a lot of money in the deal as well. If the Rangers offered to eat 40% of his deal for this season his value would be huge.

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst

San Jose hasnt been back to the CF since they got rid of their last one-dimensional scoring winger.

Nash has a history with Thornton when they played in Switzerland during the 2005 lockout.

Nash's worth could increase with a strong Olympiad.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
By default, the SPC does not have an explicit condition in it that states that the NTC/NMC is voided upon a trade. Thus, generally a trade does not void a player's NTC/NMC unless the player voluntarily agrees to waive it for the duration of the contract.

It was my understanding (via a Sports Law class I took in college) that once the clause is waived, it has been waived for the duration of the contract. Essentially you cannot pick and chose when to waive certain benefits provided under a clause of a contract. If it's waived, it's waived unless the team specifically agrees to honor it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad