Speculation: Trade Rumors/Speculation Part IX: Dubinsky, Rozsival and a 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I really don't see any way that Girardi gets traded unless we get a Top 4 RHD in return. I could see Staal getting traded though.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Anyone is tradeable. I see the term "he's a guy you win with" thrown around when describing a lot of our players, but let's be honest, we're not winning right now with a team full of guys you supposedly win with. We have a lot of guys who are excellent role players and/or complimentary players. The kind of guys teams with a real shot at a cup might see as the missing piece. Find an identity to build towards, keep the guys who fit, and move the ones who don't.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
What does Methot offer the team that we don't have already?

He's not providing offence, his presence is not going to make the team THAT much better.

His mobility is questionable at best and for a guy with his physical tools and limited skill set you'd expect a bit more of a mean streak something he also lacks.

If the move doesn't improve the team and the rumored deal DOESN"T do that, then it's not a deal worth doing.

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
Why would it be a mistake to trade Hagelin for a minimal upgrade?

I don't think Hags has done enough in the league for us to get a minimal upgrade who isn't also older, injury prone, soft, or with some other significant "knock." I like Hags a lot, he has the makings of a great glue guy who can pick his production up a bit over the years. A real Swiss army knife of a player. There's no real point in moving him outside of a package deal for vastly superior talent - Yakupov, etc.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Hagelin isn't an easy player to replace. Not too many guys in the league can do what he does, can't blame other teams for wanting him.

don't blame them one bit.

But if you look at the successful teams out west, they have players that are fast and aggressive. That is the recipe for success in the NHL today.

Fast players with an aggressive mindset and soft hands.

Hagelin fits the mold of what makes teams successful today.

He's a great 3rd liner and dangerous PK'er

You don't trade Hagelin's, you look to acquire MORE of them.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
How about a DZ + Brassard package to COL for Stasny + McGinn + Barrie/Elliot package?

Buyout Richards, re-sign Stasny.

Guy brings head, hands, and two way play without elite wheels.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Zack Kassian is a big slow lumbering dummy.

can't play with the Sedins, he's not going to have any success here.

big, slow dumb players are not what we need.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Zack Kassian is a big slow lumbering dummy.

can't play with the Sedins, he's not going to have any success here.

big, slow dumb players are not what we need.
He's actually pretty fast. But he's not much of a hockey player at this stage.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Anyone is tradeable. I see the term "he's a guy you win with" thrown around when describing a lot of our players, but let's be honest, we're not winning right now with a team full of guys you supposedly win with. We have a lot of guys who are excellent role players and/or complimentary players. The kind of guys teams with a real shot at a cup might see as the missing piece. Find an identity to build towards, keep the guys who fit, and move the ones who don't.

What is that identity? Tortorella didn't have much of an idea of one when he got here, and he ran his mouth about safe is death blah blah blah. After the stretch run and the playoffs, he had a very good idea of what he wanted to build towards and it STILL took a year to get it figured out. AV might have a good idea, but were a long way from implementation, if it happens at all.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
He's actually pretty fast. But he's not much of a hockey player at this stage.

whenever I have watched him in Buffalo and in Vancouver, his speed never impressed me.

And for a guy his size, you'd notice his speed.

we can see different things in the same player, that's fine.

I personally don't see a fast player.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
whenever I have watched him in Buffalo and in Vancouver, his speed never impressed me.

And for a guy his size, you'd notice his speed.

we can see different things in the same player, that's fine.

I personally don't see a fast player.

His athletic gifts are what people rave about. Its his mental game that was lacking. Lots of dumb kid moments on the ice. He's looking more and more like a third liner, but that doesn't mean he can't be a useful player. He isn't very physical, but when he is, he's freakishly strong. I don't think his head is all there.

Think he nets 25 in a career year, and averaging out around 16-18 per season.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT

you can look at Richards and Nash and this year Stepan for that reason.

The big guys are not carrying their weight and that is a major reason.

IF they were more dangerous the rest of the team benefits from that.

regarding the last statement.

Hagelin is a core guy, as is Kreider and Miller. The guys we need to cut bait on are the guys like Pyatt, Pouliot, D. Moore, Boyle.

the last four guys to not identify a core. These guys are all over the place. Pyatt Boyle and Moore provide no offence and are pretty soft. Pouliot is way to streaky and horrible defensively.

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
How about a DZ + Brassard package to COL for Stasny + McGinn + Barrie/Elliot package?

Buyout Richards, re-sign Stasny.

Guy brings head, hands, and two way play without elite wheels.

I'd like that deal a lot, but I think COL might want a bit more from us.

I'd also be interested in a guy like Smith from Nashville for the bottom 6.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Satellite Hotstove

Friedman-Del Zotto will get dealt

Healey-Girardi to Boston. Friedman-He mentioned Anaheim in connection with Girardi

Heals said Girardi isn't asking for a ton in his next contract(whatever that means)but the contract isn't done.

I remember Boston liked Girardi in 2009 when they were looking to move Kessel

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
What is that identity? Tortorella didn't have much of an idea of one when he got here, and he ran his mouth about safe is death blah blah blah. After the stretch run and the playoffs, he had a very good idea of what he wanted to build towards and it STILL took a year to get it figured out. AV might have a good idea, but were a long way from implementation, if it happens at all.

Your guess is as good as mine. Tortorella did a good job of building an identity around what he had at his disposal, but even if AV decided to pack it in and go to a defensive system, are the pieces really there to win? I think this team could be built to suit AV's desired system, but some pieces have to be moved. Big, mobile defenders. We have three in McDonagh, Moore and Staal, but obviously Staal is hurt and who knows how it'll play out. Skill up front? Pretty barren. Nash, Kreider, Stepan, Zucc. Brassard on the fence. Hagelin can out work anyone, but his hands can't always keep up.

We've had a team for several years that was built to play in it's own end. AV want's to be the opposite. That's a huge change, and not something that can be done with one trade, or done over the course of a couple weeks or months.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
I'd like that deal a lot, but I think COL might want a bit more from us.

I'd also be interested in a guy like Smith from Nashville for the bottom 6.

Yeah I look at Smith as a poor man's Seguin. Similar build and type of player except if you were to grade Seguin across the board he'd get a lot A's, while Smith is just a B- to C version of that.

I thought after his last season in college that Smith would really emerge, but he hasn't exactly won his coach or organization over in 3 years now. Definitely a player worth pursuing and one that fits a different system from Nashville.

Played well with Step and McD in Wisonsin.

As far as my original proposal.

Yeah the Rangers add to that. Would gladly throw in a combination Falk, Moore, Hrivik, picks and what have you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad