Speculation: Trade Rumors/Speculation Part IX: Dubinsky, Rozsival and a 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bardof425*

I think Nash may be a lot more open minded about where he would go now; he thought he was demanding a trade to a team that was one game away from the SCF and instead found out we're as mediocre as it gets and going to fight to even be a playoff team. The fairy tale of choosing a dream destination is long past. He also has a new idea about how he feels about a market like NY.

Moreover, I don't think he actually has a say anymore. I don't recall our management saying they would honor his NTC after he waived it for us the first time.

If he was playing well we wouldn't be mediocre.

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
Maybe they bite the bullet and re-sign Callahan to a long-term deal worth $6M per.
That sounds to me like it would be another "Drury'esque" contract (or insert any player whose contract you hated.. Gomez, Richards, etc).

Cally might have been worth that amount once. Now i'd say he is quite a bit away from living up to his current contract, of what, 4.5 or something ?

*Puts on asbestos suit* And with that, let the hate commence, hehe :)

beef 4 lunch

Jan 24, 2011
That sounds to me like it would be another "Drury'esque" contract (or insert any player whose contract you hated.. Gomez, Richards, etc).

Cally might have been worth that amount once. Now i'd say he is quite a bit away from living up to his current contract, of what, 4.5 or something ?

*Puts on asbestos suit* And with that, let the hate commence, hehe :)

I don't think many people would disagree with you. Giving Callahan a big contract would be lazy GM'ing.

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo
Well of course they don't want to give him away, he's a fine looking prospect and as you said a local kid. But if they are bidding on Girardi they have to give up something valuable. I can see a bidding war for Girardi.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
The Girardi trade isn't happening today. The Rangers want to trade DZ for a D. Staal will return later this week. Stralman's injury isn't a long-term injury.

McDonagh,Staal,Moore,D acquired for DZ,Stralman,Falk. That's 6. Give Allen an opportunity.

If the Rangers are looking to move Girardi and it looks like Girardi is on the block,they are looking to maximize the asset and aren't really concerned with the rest of this season. Not matter how you look at it the Rangers won't be a better team THIS season by trading Girardi. Maybe management doesn't want to give Girardi a long-term contract. Trading him is the prudent thing to do. That would be a positive development. They already have Lundqvist(7 years) and Nash(4 more years) signed for big bucks. Maybe they bite the bullet and re-sign Callahan to a long-term deal worth $6M per. How much money can you have tied up long-term in 4 players if you include Girardi even with the cap going up? There won't be enough money to fill the roster with good players which has numerous holes. Its hard to pay both Girardi and Callahan. The team isn't a Cup contender.

When will Kerdiles play in the NHL? Not all of the players are like Stepan who leave school after their sophomore year and make the immediate jump to the NHL. Another year of school for Kerdiles? How many years in the AHL? That's the issue.

The late #1 won't be in the NHL for 3-4 years.

The Rangers need to bring back a young roster player who can play for them as part of the deal for Girardi. That's all. Play the teams in the west up against each other. There isn't much separating them. Girardi could be the difference between a Cup final berth in the West VS a first round lost.

If money is an issue,the Rangers should retain some of Girardi's money or take back an expiring contract.

Girardi has a $3.4M salary and $3.325M cap hit.

Other players should also be traded.

Pretty much agree
MDZ to Toronto maybe for Fransson + (I know they lack righties)
Then Girardi plus for a winger and other assets (prospect/pick)
Brassard is another Big ???
Hope Allen shines
That would be very nice
$6M/long term for our Captain sounds like a real lot for a guy that is in the risk zone of breaking down. But that is probably where the market lies after the cap being said to go up to $71 M next year

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Generally draft picks--even 1st rounders especially after the first 10-15 picks are two-three years down the line. There are growing pains. Look at JT Miller. Gets drafted--one year in the OHL--banging around between the AHL and the NHL the next two years. Upside looks to be a 2nd liner. For those in the top 10 they are very often going to weaker teams that need immediate help and are often force fed into the NHL--that hurts a lot of them more than it helps them.

Not to say it isn't nice getting 1st rounders (even early ones) but getting top end players with some of the development kinks being worked out of their systems usually means you won't have to wait as long for them to actually being able to help your team.

The teams that will want Girardi are contending teams--teams that are a piece or two away. Teams that he will be easily able to find a niche when he gets there. If you're close you'll overpay for players if you think they can get you over the top--to win a championship--because that is the be all and end all. Glory only comes around once in a while for anybody. When you get the chance you take it.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
If he was playing well we wouldn't be mediocre.

Yes we would. No one player changes this team right now, especially not one who, while typically much better, has always been overrated and one dimensional. This is a mediocre roster in every way (except in goal if Hank is sharp) even with Nash in form.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
Spurgeon is a 5'9 185 lb. right side d-man. Unless he can really run a power play no way would I deal for him. He's just not big enough or good enough.

Ask Minnesota fans about Spurgeon. He's actually very good and being a RHD would be a very good acquisition. Maybe not in that specific deal but in general he'd help quite a bit. I actually doubt Minnesota wants to move him as they're looking for a top 4 dman to complete their top 4 with Spurgeon, Suter and Brodin. He plays bigger than his size as well.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Trading for a late 1st means the kid is 3 years away, if he makes it. I would much rather raid the system of a winning organization. If it's the Hawks, I would target Phillip Danault. One of those guys that might become one of best utility players in the game.

Reasonable, but i prefer to max our overall talent.
Like who is doing our drafting now, generally good selections.
Prefer to wait 2-3 years OR have better asset available for trade.

I'm open to see what else you consider a fit w/Chicago, including Danault, and who you think we have to give up.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Ask Minnesota fans about Spurgeon. He's actually very good and being a RHD would be a very good acquisition. Maybe not in that specific deal but in general he'd help quite a bit. I actually doubt Minnesota wants to move him as they're looking for a top 4 dman to complete their top 4 with Spurgeon, Suter and Brodin. He plays bigger than his size as well.

Actually I took the time to look at Spurgeon's ATOI before I commented on him. Over 21 minutes a game so he is top 4 for the Wild. Even so that size for a d-man--guy has to be a special player IMO. A Rafalski or a Boyle for instance--even a Krug or that Murphy guy in Carolina. The Rangers have enough trouble getting their goalies run all the time. We need a bigger and meaner back end IMO not a smaller one. Bring in a smaller D---you'd need a very good reason.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
All the reports yesterday had me going. Woke up on the defensive that Hags/MDZ were headed to Ott. With all the talk yesterday I'm a little surprised there was no movement today.

I believe it was at last years draft that GM were all commenting on how difficult it was to actually complete a trade these days. I'm guessing those statements were harsh realities!

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
All the reports yesterday had me going. Woke up on the defensive that Hags/MDZ were headed to Ott. With all the talk yesterday I'm a little surprised there was no movement today.

I believe it was at last years draft that GM were all commenting on how difficult it was to actually complete a trade these days. I'm guessing those statements were harsh realities!

i think a good deal of those comments about difficulty making trades had to do with the cap and teams at the time not being able to retain salary/cap hit. now you would think it would be easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad