Trade Rumors & Proposals Thread V: Kane you believe it? Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
I know nothing of Armia and Lemieux but can we have a more honest projection of 'em, please?
Who are their equivalents on the Habs?

Armia doesn't really have a Habs equivalent. He's NHL ready, has really good size, a full offensive skillset, and decent two-way play. He's a solid prospect, I'd value him close to Scherbak. Lemieux is quite comparable to DLR in terms of value, he's a tough customer with a pretty clear NHL future as a 3rd line player - he was rumoured to be drafted as high as the first round in his draft year (to us no less).

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
Kane will never pull a Seguin as far as I'm concerned, he's not even close to Seguin's talent, great athlete but hockeysense is questionnable

I like this deal for the Jets, hope they make it into the playoffs

My money's on Myers thriving in Winnipeg's system and becoming the best player in the deal

Chfan

Apr 16, 2004
Montreal
Kane will never pull a Seguin as far as I'm concerned, he's not even close to Seguin's talent, great athlete but hockeysense is questionnable

My money's on Myers thriving in Winnipeg's system and becoming the best player in the deal

I don't think anyone pans out in this deal and Bogosian becomes the best player in the deal.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
If Bergevin was in on Kane (according to Mckenzie) do you think he will go after someone like ROR?

I don't see LW as a huge need for MTL (as long as Chucky is on the wing), but maybe Bergevin does?

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
I know nothing of Armia and Lemieux but can we have a more honest projection of 'em, please?
Who are their equivalents on the Habs?

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/joel_armia/
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/brendan-lemieux/

Joel Armia seems like a really nice piece. Big, fast and strong. Don't really know if we have anything like him in our prospect pool. Seems like a typical power forward similar to Charlie Coyle. Don't know if he'll be anywhere near Coyle but they play a similar style from what little I've seen of him.

Lemieux I've seen even less of but he seems like a solid two way forward.

That is all I know about these two. Armia I think has the potential to be a solid NHL player in the near future.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
wow... sucks for us.

Sabres add two pieces that will make them that much harder to play agains, that much sooner. Didn't even give up any of their prized young assets/picks in the process... nicely done.

also sucks that Bogo moves. The pool of RHD that would be a fit for our top-4 needs moving forward AND potentially available just got smaller. He was likely the best candidate in terms of fit/availability/price.

wonder if this influences MB's conversations with Wash on M.Green. He is UFA-to-be, so could wait for summer and make a pitch, but bringing him in for the playoff run would help both our iimmediate needs and give him a taste of playoff time in montreal (which could help make signing him a bit easier).

Winnipeg basically replaced 70% or more of what Kane gave them, I think Stafford with a change of scenery could be really good for 3-4 months, may be little to no dropoff.

Now they can flip or use other young assets(picks/prospects) to add a piece(using Kane's money) like ROR Yandle etc or just for a rental(Vermette Santorelli Winnik Erat Petry Methot etc).

It's a key year for them to make the playoffs, obviously for the GM's job and also for the long term health of the franchise...they need to show growth.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Jets dressing room right now :

giphy.gif

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
If Bergevin was in on Kane (according to Mckenzie) do you think he will go after someone like ROR?

I don't see LW as a huge need for MTL (as long as Chucky is on the wing), but maybe Bergevin does?

The ROR contract is a much tougher fit than Kane's. ROR only has 1.5 years left and usually goes for max dollars so he will want to test UFA waters...

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
Armia doesn't really have a Habs equivalent. He's NHL ready, has really good size, a full offensive skillset, and decent two-way play. He's a solid prospect, I'd value him close to Scherbak.

That's who I was hoping for that draft, he got taken right before our pick and we got Beaulieu instead. I'm assuming Timmins would've taken Beaulieu over Armia anyway as he was the dropper in his class and a viewed as a steal at 17.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
It'll be Vermette... I don't really see why there's so much objection to him. He's exactly the kind of player that the Habs system is made for. He can score, he can play defense, he can kill penalties, win faceoffs, he can play 2 positions (so MT will have a field day trying him with everyone on the team) and he's a gritty, tough player. Exactly what you want going into the playoffs, and going forward he is a good replacement for DD if you choose to move him in the offseason.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa

why do you say that?

Kane can score goals, play physical and this year even played a more defensive role

what screams out a lack of hockey sense here other than the obvious?

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
It'll be Vermette... I don't really see why there's so much objection to him. He's exactly the kind of player that the Habs system is made for. He can score, he can play defense, he can kill penalties, win faceoffs, he can play 2 positions (so MT will have a field day trying him with everyone on the team) and he's a gritty, tough player. Exactly what you want going into the playoffs, and going forward he is a good replacement for DD if you choose to move him in the offseason.

Vermette's not that good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad