Rumor: Trade Rumors & Proposals Thread III | Friedman on Petry: "This One Will End Soon"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moose Coleman

Apr 12, 2012
There not even really shopping him. From my understanding there willing to move him for a young top line winger.

In other words: they're shopping him.

We have those in spades and need d. It's a trade that makes sense if were sending back Petry and with what Buffalo has coming up through the system

We need an established top pairing D, not a guy who is still trying to find his game after 300+ games in the much easier eastern conference. We have plenty of unproven D on our end, adding another at the expense of our top D and a young winger with tremendous upside is a ridiculous overpay.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
I still maintain that a legit top pairing D should be the only player that we should move a core guy for. Myers, Gardiner, Gudbranson, none of those guys fit the bill.

Myers is damn close to top pairing. I don't know what you guys expect, were not getting Weber for Jordan Eberle.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
I agree that I would be surprised if there were any teams other than maybe Philly who would be willing to make a trade at this point in the season.

MinnesotaFats

Aug 10, 2005
I agree that I would be surprised if there were any teams other than maybe Philly who would be willing to make a trade at this point in the season.

They started last season even worse. 3-8 through October. They aren't panicking yet.

BowDangles

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
Myers is damn close to top pairing. I don't know what you guys expect, were not getting Weber for Jordan Eberle.

Judging what the asking price is for Myers, I am very skeptical on whether or not Edmonton should target him..
If they are asking for Eberle, I would probably say no. If they were asking for a big package that includes one or two of Marcinin/Klefbom/Nurse plus a high pick and a little more I would probably say yes.

The biggest thing is you would have to match salary going back so Eberle fits the bill to be moved, just not sure if it is worth it for Edmonton...

Would myers stop an extra 30 goals from going into our net? Because thats what you lose when you trade Jordan..

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
In other words: they're shopping him.

We need an established top pairing D, not a guy who is still trying to find his game after 300+ games in the much easier eastern conference. We have plenty of unproven D on our end, adding another at the expense of our top D and a young winger with tremendous upside is a ridiculous overpay.

Petry's not resigning, he has very little value in the deal. From the rumors out there he want to be closer to home. Going to Buffalo does that so they may be able to resign him at a half decent rate.

And the same thing could be said for Myers regarding the tremendous upside. The guy is only 24 and a beast. Would easily be the best dman we've had here since Vishnovsky. I could see Myers putting up 50 points on this team.

BowDangles

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
Petry's not resigning, he has very little value in the deal. From the rumors out there he want to be closer to home. Going to Buffalo does that so they may be able to resign him at a half decent rate.

And the same thing could be said for Myers regarding the tremendous upside. The guy is only 24 and a beast. Would easily be the best dman we've had here since Vishnovsky. I could see Myers putting up 50 points on this team.

I'm not a big fan of trading Petry, but if it was in a package for Myers I would be okay with it. Edmonton can't afford to trade one of their only top 4 defence man and not get another back in return.

I do like the idea of trading Schultz + for Myers though.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Judging what the asking price is for Myers, I am very skeptical on whether or not Edmonton should target him..
If they are asking for Eberle, I would probably say no. If they were asking for a big package that includes one or two of Marcinin/Klefbom/Nurse plus a high pick and a little more I would probably say yes.

The biggest thing is you would have to match salary going back so Eberle fits the bill to be moved, just not sure if it is worth it for Edmonton...

Would myers stop an extra 30 goals from going into our net? Because thats what you lose when you trade Jordan..

I could see him bolstering both our offence and defence which is why I want him. I could see him putting up 40 points while reducing our GA by at least 20 because of the time he'll play. IMO if we add Myers were only looking for a top pairing LHD to play with him. Someone like Staal or Methot would be awesome. We then actually have a defence and can properly evaluate the team.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Do you think Buffalo would bite on something like:

J Schultz
O Klefbom
2nd

for

Myers?

Of course the Sabres would. But why on earth would the Oilers make that trade? :amazed: Myers, without a doubt, is the most overrated trade target and it's not close. The offers for this guy are borderline insane.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
I'm not a big fan of trading Petry, but if it was in a package for Myers I would be okay with it. Edmonton can't afford to trade one of their only top 4 defence man and not get another back in return.

I do like the idea of trading Schultz + for Myers though.

Not worth trading Schultz, we need more offence from our defence.

BowDangles

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
Of course the Sabres would. But why on earth would the Oilers make that trade? :amazed: Myers, without a doubt, is the most overrated trade target and it's not close. The offers for this guy are borderline insane.

I think J Schultz might be the most over rated player the Oilers have had in years... He is basically a fire sale in his own end.. The offence he provides does not offset the defensive blunders..

One of Marcinin/Klefbom/Nurse will need to be traded before next year. There simply just is not enough room for them, and even if there was, having that much youth on the blue line next year is another recipe for a disaster.

I just threw the second in there because I wasn't sure where the value stood..

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Do you think Buffalo would bite on something like:

J Schultz
O Klefbom
2nd

for

Myers?

Doesn't do anything for us. At best it's a lateral move. We need to keep Schultz and put him in a lesser position. We need to trade a winger for defence.

Moose Coleman

Apr 12, 2012

There were 8 D who put up 50 points last year. The West is a much harder conference than the East. Myers' offensive output has declined every year he's been in the league. It's not like he'll be coming to a team that can score at will.

Last edited by a moderator:

Raab

Oct 6, 2007

I disagree, I think you put him on a team with good forwards and he'd be fine. He hasn't played on a real team in over 3 years which IMO is what lowered his value. Theres no way anyone is even thinking he's available is he continued what he did as a rookie on a very good Sabres team.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
If that's so, why would they trade him? Seems to me a 6'8" 24 year old D is the kind of thing a rebuilding team would want to keep as a cornerstone of their blueline. If they are willing to deal him, they've obviously determined he's not that player.

If they didn't value him highly, they would have likely traded him already. There has been a lot of rumored interest in him, but little interest in moving him from Buffalo's end. Despite your claims, there is absolutely no evidence that Buffalo has ever shopped Myers, only listened to what other teams were offering, and it is apparent that he won't be traded unless it is a great deal for the Sabres. Doesn't sound like a team who is "shopping" a player to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad